Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "People who complain on a gaming forum about the things they don't like about dating profiles."

The pictures mostly.
    All this tasteless tattoo and piercing shit is such a turnoff.

Having children (or pregnant), or wanting children. Big no go for me. If they don't list it, I'll usually find out their opinion on children right away so I can nope out if necessary.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Any mention of "No drama please" or "I don't play games," religious and/or political obsession (mention is fine, I don't need a speech,) and emphasis on sarcasm as some "amazing" trait that they have tend to be my major flags beyond obvious picture issues like hygiene and such.

edit: Children tend to be one of those gray areas for me that depend on the context. I've seen decent people with awesome profiles that have a kid and it's not a put off because we were all young and stupid and sometimes shit happens. Even gone on dates with some. It's another issue when you're like a single mother of three at 24 and your profile screams "take care of my babies."
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-06-09 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    The number of Fuck Trump on dating sites near me (I'm less than 20 miles from Boulder) is ridiculous, and I don't even like the guy.

If your hate for something is that important and all consuming you need to include it in your initial description of yourself, nope.
    It's an easy way to express where you are on the political spectrum and that you probably don't give a shit about people which are on the oppsoite end of it. I think that is a rather valuable information. I personally wouldn't date a "brown" or "green" party voter either .

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    If you supported trump, that says a lot about you as a person. I wouldn't be able to date a woman who supported trump. If I had to guess, it's not really about hating trump, I'd imagine it's to dissuade trump supporters from responding and saving the hassle.
    Well they are dissuading a lot more than just Trump voters if my opinion means anything.

Also cigarette smokers is a nope for me

Pot as long as it isn't indoors, don't want all my stuff smelling like a skunk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    1. Incorrect use of your and you're or to, too, and two.

2. Every picture involves a drink in their hand. I'm OK with the social drinker. If you're always holding a drink you should probably find out when the next AA meeting is.

3. Those who list something extravagant on "Ideas For a First Date" -- I don't know who you are and if you want something extravagant you're going to split the bill.

4. Lists unemployed as their occupation and says "Must have a job".

5. "My Kids are the number one priority" -- I get it that your children are very important in your life and that's completely OK. However if you're actively searching for a long-term relationship you have to learn how to become both a parent and a partner. Always focusing all your attention on one or the other isn't healthy for anyone.
    (The older you get the less chance you'll find someone who hasn't been previously married or has no children. )
    True shit. I have nothing against having a kid as long as it's not a case of clearly seeking a daddy and the girl seems to be a decent person. But the whole kid obsession thing is crazy to me. My wife had a kid before we started dating but she was never kid obsessed. He was just a fact of life and did her mommy duty without trying to flash it as a badge to the world.

Then you see others and their profile is like "PROUD MOM OF 3 KIDS" (at like 24) and a spam page of obsessing over being a mommy and how they're her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Most people don't even read the profiles they just go by pictures.
    Looking at the profile picture is the first step. This is more about what happens after that. There's no rational reason to bother with someone you're not attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Looking at the profile picture is the first step. This is more about what happens after that. There's no rational reason to bother with someone you're not attracted to.
    Just saying majority of people I have ever talked too on a website didn't bother reading, the best dates that I had was ones that did but they we're few and far between. =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    "My name is ___ and I could probably kick your ass"

Like...ok? The hell kind of opener is that.
    Sounds like a challenge to me...

"looking for a partner in crime."

Holding the camera above your head and looking up to take a photo pretty much means you are fat and have a double chin. It is also a clever way to get your admittedly large breast to hide your almost as large gut.

1. They have a dating profile.

profile picture with her kids

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    profile picture with her kids
    I would like to add profile picture with her pets, above all dog(s) to that. Especially if it's one of the humongous ones.
    Instant red flag imho.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Any suggestions guys? I was thinking of "Daily shitposter on MMO champion forums, Plays Video games for hours a day, watches anime, and is socially awkward. Finance Major. Used to be super athletic and fit but now I am slightly overweight. Sex me"
    Hey, at least you'd stand out. And if you're not looking for a one night stand you're more likely to find someone with interests you both share if you're actually honest, though it'll take a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Ugly face

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Just saying majority of people I have ever talked too on a website didn't bother reading, the best dates that I had was ones that did but they we're few and far between. =/
    This reminds me when on a second date of a woman I met on a dating site, she asked me how old I was, and it was apparent at my answer that she thought I was to old for her, 35 to 27. My age was right at the top of the profile. I do wonder how much attention people pay to the profiles.

Deleted
    1 Male feminist
    2 Ginger
    3 Polygamy stuff
    4 Liberals
    5 bi?

I never used these dating sties. Generally speaking smokers, drug users, poor grooming, bad hygiene and lack of education are instant 'no-go' for me.

Nitpicks that I probably would not willingly date or have sex with someone over unless they were really fetching- men who wear sandals when not at the pool/beach, women with chipped nail polish on their toes, any woman who colors her hair in that awful burnt rust/red color (looks cheap and awful as fuck), overly skinny men, women that are too skinny, small penis.