Poll: Which class is most consistently strong on the DPS charts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Well. You're technically right, which is the best way of being right.
    They were average at best in EN, which is half of their lifespan so far. You'd be hard pressed to find a patch where any pure had all dps specs below... 11th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I would say mages, warlocks, hunters and rogues are the most consistent ones.
    Fury warriors, frost dks and havoc dhs just behind them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Mage /thread
    Oh my dear lord no I didn't just see my boy saying mage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Survival Hunter is a melee spec and donald trump is president

Fucking deal with it.
    Lmao my fucking god, you win the internet
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    In other words, if you were to pick a class based on the fact that it is most consistently viable throughout expansions and patches, which would it be?
    Confused here - why have 'Demon Hunter' on the list if you are looking at throughout expansion performance?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Mages by far. Then follows Warlocks and then Rogues, cause they are speccing in any spec that can actually deal tons of damage (and that will probably never stop happening).

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Oh my dear lord no I didn't just see my boy saying mage

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao my fucking god, you win the internet
    your boi called you out haha <3

When was mage ever at the bottom of the pack ? That is what I thought of when I read your thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard loves their precious mages and will not tolerate anything but them being at least top 3.

More dps specs in the same class = more consistency. The downside being that you have to be prepared to swap between them multiple times per expansion.

Mage, because Mages haven't had a period where all three of their specs were weak since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    When was mage ever at the bottom of the pack ? That is what I thought of when I read your thread.
    Mages fluctuated usefulness in classic and were terrible in TBC. Most serious raid groups benched all their mages and only kept one around outside the raid to provide buffs, food, and portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    Honestly, I don't play one but warrior always struck me as a very reliable dps. I can't think of a time where warriors were bad for long. Perhaps not top top dps but they've always been good, and sometimes I prefer that reliability over being top dps at risk of nerfs
    Exactly.

It doesn't sound fun to be one of the super strong specs because eventually it's gonna get nerfed and everyone knows it.

Haven't felt that with Warrior but at the same time I just love Fury so much I'd hate to let go. :P

Warrior or Mage, without a doubt, the other pures will be mentioned later, but Warr/Mage have simply been the two most consistent classes for Dps. Mages were shit in TBC and weak early WotLK, but after Ulduar launched they have been consistently high/top Dps every single tier, Emerald Nightmare now in Legion being their weakest point since TBC. Warriors were OP in TBC, ridiculously OP in Naxx, then got nerfed. However, they quickly got new gear in Ulduar, and became OP once again because of scaling. Since then, Warriors have been high/top Dps in every single tier, Highmaul being the one exception (until Fury got buffed again ofc).

Hunters were pretty weak early Cata, Rogues were not that great early WoD and Locks were weak early WoD and Legion. Otherwise these guys have also consistenly been high/top Dps.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Warrior or Mage, without a doubt, the other pures will be mentioned later, but Warr/Mage have simply been the two most consistent classes for Dps. Mages were shit in TBC and weak early WotLK, but after Ulduar launched they have been consistently high/top Dps every single tier, Emerald Nightmare now in Legion being their weakest point since TBC. Warriors were OP in TBC, ridiculously OP in Naxx, then got nerfed. However, they quickly got new gear in Ulduar, and became OP once again because of scaling. Since then, Warriors have been high/top Dps in every single tier, Highmaul being the one exception (until Fury got buffed again ofc).

Hunters were pretty weak early Cata, Rogues were not that great early WoD and Locks were weak early WoD and Legion. Otherwise these guys have also consistenly been high/top Dps.
    Hrm, I dunno maybe I should change my vote to War. Mage and War are top two for sure but now that I think about it the Warrior's bad spot was early Vanilla because the game launched before they were completed or tuned. Shit... now that I think about it launch was surprisingly incomplete, did Paladins even have talents?

I'd say mages.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If that was true, you would know already which classes have consistently been strong on the dps charts. Which is none of them. Things change so many times during an expansion that all classes at some point have been top, bottom and middle of the pack. No single class or spec has stayed in the top from launch to now.
    I'm asking for your opinion. Is a poll a hard concept for you to grasp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Confused here - why have 'Demon Hunter' on the list if you are looking at throughout expansion performance?
    It's a fair point, but I wanted to include every class or else someone would probably say "where's DH omg?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, hunters and rogues. Warlocks do well sometimes

Mage. Blizzard just loves them.

anyone not voting mage has never played this game

they've been the best performing dps class for like what 4 expansions?

rogues and warlocks are probably the best after, but both of them had very poor periods

Mage, never bottom, never middle, never strong, ALWAYS OP

in all the 12 years of playing overall mage had always their top spots. we all know the jokes. after that, the small brother lock is there, but with more ups and downs and often a "warm up" phase in xpacs, until he is back on the top spots.

after that, since a few years, rogue is always very strong. but other than the above 2 this wasnt totally not the case in the years vanilla-cata. after cata, rogue was always a safe bet. rogue is a little bit twosided. on most bosses he nearly overperforms, while on a few bosses he is absurd underperforming. its a bit spiky.

another relative safe bet overall, over all xpacs, is fury warrior. like another guy here mentioned too, fury was never the best of all, but also never middle of pack. its the classical always-the-4th type of class. its a safe bet. i would say he is nearly the most stable/consistent overall. lets say "you can bet on, fury is good. but you can also bet on, fury wont top the meters and rip that fukin mage".

everything else has its ups and downs over the full spectrum. druids can shine sometimes and can be horrible sometimes (more often). shaman was also most of the time low midpack with some rare excxeptions. ret was always the classical consistent mid pack. shadow too, with tendence to be very low on some encounters. monk the same. hunter had a time when he was like fury, that 1 of the 3 specs is always around 4/5th, but they got a bit wanky in the last years. from all whats left, its the most consistent, but not consistent overall. dk is that "always at lower end of upper third, with some moments on top" class, with rare moments at very lower end, for a while. DH is too new to say sth about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Mage, never bottom, never middle, never strong, ALWAYS OP
    well said
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-06-10 at 11:32 AM.