Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzar View Post
    No, I didn't wrote that. What I said was "Get every weapon to 52 and then put the spare AP into your main Artifact.".

What I menat was that there is no point in chasing 53+ points in your artifact weapon like you did to get to 52. You can take it smooth from there on. That's what I mean!
    Gotcha! we are on the same page then
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    I Don't know what you guys saying here but I'm 57 and I'm feeling the difference on my dps meter.I won't stop chasing more points.

Στάλθηκε από το F8131 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    It must be a placebo effect then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenwonder View Post
    It must be a placebo effect then
    Every little bit adds up tbh. Might look small on paper but it does have an obvious effect until at least the 5th point of Concordance, after that it slows and the costs tends to overwhelm the return.

Deleted
    What else is there to do with AP? Getting to 52 is easy with AK 40, then you'll have AP so might as well spend it.

It's not worth APfarming, but AP is supposed ot be a consolation prize so that dungeons and raids always give you something even though it's not great, it's better than nothing.

The Concordance steps are 300 int, so would you raid with no cloak enchant which is 200?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    What else is there to do with AP? Getting to 52 is easy with AK 40, then you'll have AP so might as well spend it.

It's not worth APfarming, but AP is supposed ot be a consolation prize so that dungeons and raids always give you something even though it's not great, it's better than nothing.

The Concordance steps are 300 int, so would you raid with no cloak enchant which is 200?
    With concordance having an average uptime of 25-50% uptime at best, you really are only getting 75-150 more intellect a fight, sure its better than nothing, but definitely has some diminishing returns once you get past the less AP heavy points

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    With concordance having an average uptime of 25-50% uptime at best, you really are only getting 75-150 more intellect a fight, sure its better than nothing, but definitely has some diminishing returns once you get past the less AP heavy points
    I don't know why in these discussions someone takes it off topic to mean "should I use AP?" NO ONE is asking that question. Obviously you shouldn't vendor it. Obviously it's beneficial. But worth grinding into the 60+. F' NO! (I'm not suggesting you or Nebiroth hold this view; but I keep seeing these dumb posts about: 'well obviously i'm still going to use AP' Duh! No one in their right mind is saying otherwise. Use the AP you get. But it's not worth grinding the hell out of it for very very little gains.) I seriously question people's mental and physical health who think the grind is worth it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I don't know why in these discussions someone takes it off topic to mean "should I use AP?" NO ONE is asking that question. Obviously you shouldn't vendor it. Obviously it's beneficial. But worth grinding into the 60+. F' NO! (I'm not suggesting you or Nebiroth hold this view; but I keep seeing these dumb posts about: 'well obviously i'm still going to use AP' Duh! No one in their right mind is saying otherwise. Use the AP you get. But it's not worth grinding the hell out of it for very very little gains.) I seriously question people's mental and physical health who think the grind is worth it.
    If you look at the title of this thread "Is it worth spending AP further than rank 52, no one has said anything about "grinding". You are suggesting that people are talking about grinding when it is not even the topic of discussion.

Not dumb at all to say "I'm still going to spend it" when the OP asked if it was worth spending it. Maybe the dumb post is yours?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Currently maining affliction and already have 52, but I'm dumping the remaining AP on destruction. Once Tomb is out I will check out which of the two is more viable.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Every little bit adds up tbh. Might look small on paper but it does have an obvious effect until at least the 5th point of Concordance, after that it slows and the costs tends to overwhelm the return.
    Ofc every little bit adds up. But the amount it does add up its so small that it barely have any effect. Its not even 1% dmg increase.

Deleted
    Worth getting 52 traits. YES!
    Worth actively farming for AP after 52? NO!

TLDR: Get 52 ASAP and see every AP after that as a passive reward(with a very passive effect).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    You don't need to grind any AP. But: The more content you do, the more you will get automatically. It's about as worth getting the 65th trait as it is to get the 52nd. You need much more AP to get to 65, but it's still as much a push to your dps as the first concordance point was...

It just pisses me off how Intellect is our worst stat, but Agility is amazing for Hunters, so their dps gains are much, much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If you look at the title of this thread "Is it worth spending AP further than rank 52, no one has said anything about "grinding". You are suggesting that people are talking about grinding when it is not even the topic of discussion.

Not dumb at all to say "I'm still going to spend it" when the OP asked if it was worth spending it. Maybe the dumb post is yours?
    Calm down. I took this to mean grind because the question of "am I going to spend it past 52" taken literally, is a stupid question. Obviously the answer "i'm going to spend it" is not stupid; it's just obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    You don't need to grind any AP. But: The more content you do, the more you will get automatically. It's about as worth getting the 65th trait as it is to get the 52nd. You need much more AP to get to 65, but it's still as much a push to your dps as the first concordance point was...
    yeah I don't disagree with that at all. Grinding suggests doing this content specifically for the AP. By all means spend it, which you'll naturally get doing content anyway. That much is as obvious as anything can be in WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It just pisses me off how Intellect is our worst stat, but Agility is amazing for Hunters, so their dps gains are much, much higher.
    If a caster spec is working well, int will usually not be a top stat. Look at spriest, warlocks, frost mage etc - all the casters that scale very well with gear and ilvls. Now look at an unfortunate case like elemental. Ele's scaling is disgusting to say the least, and guess what? Int is their most valued stat. Either way, Concordance is still good. Be happy that you've got actual synergy between your stats as a warlock which pushes secondaries up, that's quite a bit more important than hoping to receive your best stat from Concordance.

And just disregard hunters, when have they ever received the short end of the stick anyway.

Deleted
    Not sure what you are basing your data on but your statement is for NH gear is false.

For one Agility is the worst stat for marks, for BM it is mostly Haste>>Agil~=Mastery>Crit>Vers and no one is playing survival anyways.

We are far from being in a bad spot when it comes to our interaction with stats, if anyone should be complaining it should be Windwalker Monks.

N.B they are, and have been since the start of the xpac.

Deleted
    so 52 is the hardcap?

The hardcap would be a maxed out weapon, which as we know is not possible.

The softcap however is ~60, after this point, the amount of "work" you need to do is no longer worth the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Not sure what you are basing your data on but your statement is for NH gear is false.

For one Agility is the worst stat for marks, for BM it is mostly Haste>>Agil~=Mastery>Crit>Vers and no one is playing survival anyways.

We are far from being in a bad spot when it comes to our interaction with stats, if anyone should be complaining it should be Windwalker Monks.

N.B they are, and have been since the start of the xpac.
    If you're playing Marks over BM you're doing it wrong.

Those 1% wipes are real. My raid leaders are asking for 60 to start mythic raiding. It's a stretch goal but most are 55+ and we should have 5 or 6 at 60 in 2-3 weeks.

Deleted
    If you're playing Marks over BM you're doing it wrong.
    I'm not playing either, and your comment on how agility is "amazing" for Hunters and intellect is our worst stat is still false.