Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    What I don't understand is how can they justify nerfing a spec especially when you have to grind so much just to acquire traits, especially concordance. Why don't they instead of nerfing the shit out of a spec, buff the other. That way people who invested a ton of time and effort into acquiring AP for a specific spec, aren't fucked over. I haven't been on PTR to try the changes but on paper, it's going to hurt Aff, a lot. Blizzard had a difficult time with Balance before the artifacts, now even more so WITH the artifacts.
    Affy is way ahead of most others. It makes much more sense to nerf it to be more inline than give nearly everyone else major power gains and have to change whole raids. The big question is whether Affy will still be competitive and that we need logs for. Remember there will probably be a or multiple tuning passes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Affy is way ahead of most others. It makes much more sense to nerf it to be more inline than give nearly everyone else major power gains and have to change whole raids. The big question is whether Affy will still be competitive and that we need logs for. Remember there will probably be a or multiple tuning passes yet.
    I understand Affliction is doing well but this show's the glaring issue right now and that's artifacts and artifact power grinds. People spend tons and tons of time investing to grind for AP into an artifact only to have their spec nerfed into shit. It was one thing when it was just the spec being nerfed without an artifact but now it's a double dipping fuck you to specs when they get nerfed because the time spent on both the class and grind for AP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I understand Affliction is doing well but this show's the glaring issue right now and that's artifacts and artifact power grinds. People spend tons and tons of time investing to grind for AP into an artifact only to have their spec nerfed into shit. It was one thing when it was just the spec being nerfed without an artifact but now it's a double dipping fuck you to specs when they get nerfed because the time spent on both the class and grind for AP.
    Chill? I farmed from 55 to 56 (1,4 billion AP) in a couple of days, like a few m+, all possible WQ for AP and bought some AP on broken shore. Our paladin is preparing blood dk for split runs. From 0 to 49 in one day, not 24h, a few hours. Dont QQ now about them tons and tons time investment, its so easy now witk ak40 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    Chill? I farmed from 55 to 56 (1,4 billion AP) in a couple of days, like a few m+, all possible WQ for AP and bought some AP on broken shore. Our paladin is preparing blood dk for split runs. From 0 to 49 in one day, not 24h, a few hours. Dont QQ now about them tons and tons time investment, its so easy now witk ak40 ...
    Yeah people are focused on the wrong thing with all this. The issue as of now (as it's been for quite some time) isn't AP, as you note. Now it comes down to adequate legendaries. AP is a nonissue. Legendaries are still grindy but as time goes on, this is less and less an issue. I'm currently trying to grind for a decent destro legendary (have the back and bracers....FML).

And still, the fact that people have grinded over and over isn't a good enough reason not to balance the game between classes/specs. Best to think of it this way, at least AFF got to be crazy powerful for a bit. Any way you cut it, AFF isn't getting the bad part of the deal here by being brought in line (assuming they don't go overboard).