Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just for reference, as some racists on here have issues, here is the official school policy on this.
    Well that makes things better. "Whities can learn to be better allies off campus, oh and you guys have bring your own lunch too, bye."
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

You triggered kids are hilarious. Keep crying about their day of absence without understanding it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for reference, as some racists on here have issues, here is the official school policy on this.

http://evergreen.edu/multicultural/d...ay-of-presence

Nobody demanded anything of anybody. Prople were invited to participate in events they felt most comfortable at. The professor felt offended that the minority events were on campus this year while the white events were off campus.
    Then why the protest if this is completely voluntary?

Also, I saw that too, @Post. A potluck. That's just funny.

I am a liberal and I am sick of these fascinating "social justice" experiments.

- - - Updated - - -

It's so outrageous that the white people would leave campus for a day instead of the minority students(which has been done for over 50 years). Quick, get outraged because Tony's race is asked to flip the script! The professor's case is him basically doing the "all lives matter" transparent BS multiple times and facing overwhelming backlash for it.
    Except these white people did nothing? What exactly are you trying to prove? Go on, tell me the lesson.

It is one thing to incentivize those oppressed or disadvantaged, it is another to do stunts.

I mean how the heck do you do a day of "diversity programming" without a single white student?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Republicans chomping at the bit to privatize institutions that don't espouse their own political views.
    I generally like your posts and agree with you on many things, however I think you are wrong on this one.

Most institutions of higher learning are left leaning and don't espouse republican views, and there certainly aren't calls for most of these places to have public funding cut. The issue here is that a particularly toxic brand of far left ideology has taken root (as it has in some other places too) that has resulted in bullying, threatening and racist behaviour, that has been allowed to happen by the college head honchos, and this does raise the question as to whether it is appropriate for public funds to go into a place that allows this kind of behaviour.

I listened to Bret Weinstein on JRE and Dave Rubin talk about what was happening on Evergreen, and the way that this group of students and administrators were acting was atrocious.

People like Jonathan Haidt (and he certainly isn't a republican) have floated the idea of hitting these kinds of places in the wallet if strong leadership cannot be put in place to counter this kind of extremist (and it is extremist) ideology.

Whilst I have no doubt that there will be some republicans who might see this as a chance to shut down more liberal politics on campus, this kind of response isn't an exclusively republican/right wing response. Indeed I think Bret Weinstein mentioned in one of his interviews that people should look at the funding that Evergreen gets from tax payers, if they insist on behaving in this manner. And he certainly isn't a republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Their event schedule:
    One of the talking points that caught my eye:

How Asian-Americans Contribute to White Supremacy. <------

What.The.Fuck? Like fuckin WHAT?

De-funding seems to be little extreme, no need to penalize the non-retards.

1) Expel all those involved.

2) That principal needs to get fired for been a little bitch and leaving his faculty hung out to dry.

EDIT:

So i did some reading about the "college" and it appears is special

1) There are no grades given, you do a self-eval along with your professor.

2) There are no major, you create your own "pathway" of study where you can mix fields such as Queer Studies ( not joking, straight from their website) with Comp Sci and tell your employers you graduated a degree in Queer Computer Science....

How the fuck is this Mickey Mouse, actually that would be an insult to the Disney Cartoon is this "college" funded with public money??

http://www.collegeprepresults.com/evergreen-state-college-without-grades/
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-06-10 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean even if it is not defunded, why would anyone choose to enroll there in the next decade unless it's someone embracing those views? Is it the only university in the vicinity or is every other university close by not affordable or offering even worse education?
    A friend of mine went there for a couple of semesters and said it was one of the worst financial decisions he ever made. The school's grading system (http://evergreen.edu/evaluations) made it nearly impossible for him to transfer the credits when he moved to PA from WA, and even as a liberal he found the school over the top; he called it a "hippie shithole." Needless to say, he thought this whole controversy with the "day of absence" and all that was pretty amusing.

You triggered kids are hilarious. Keep crying about their day of absence without understanding it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody demanded anything of anybody. Prople were invited to participate in events they felt most comfortable at. The professor felt offended that the minority events were on campus this year while the white events were off campus.
    Indeed, how could anyone object to events that are separate, but equal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean even if it is not defunded, why would anyone choose to enroll there in the next decade unless it's someone embracing those views? Is it the only university in the vicinity or is every other university close by not affordable or offering even worse education?
    From what I've heard about Evergreen, the reason to go there as a STEM student is because the atmosphere is excellent, the education is pretty good, and the programs themselves are somewhat unusually designed and give more one-on-one time with faculty. Meanwhile, for the non-STEM students, this kind of anti-white garbage is exactly what they're looking for - they're getting what they're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    How Asian-Americans Contribute to White Supremacy. <------
    Well, you had to figure at some point that the most vehemently anti-white people would notice that a lot of their arguments about "systemic oppression" wind up being undercut by Asian-Americans. When Asian-Americans wildly outperform all other groups, it gets harder for anyone that's paying any attention to even pretend to believe that Hispanic-Americans are oppressed. Ergo, white supremacy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Or instead of defunding why not just institute strict no-tolerance policies for disrupting education or idiotic suggestions such as asking a whole race of students and faculty to leave the campus? I'm sure these students will get in line really fast when their enrollment is on the line.
    Also, why privatize it? Don't they have some degree of power over it when it's a public one? And why combine defunding with privatizing? This is weird. Though the college and the students aren't blameless. I mean, how the hell did it start over minority students feeling unwelcome in a left-leaning college because of Trump winning the elections? I'd understand if they felt unwelcome in US as a whole, but a college? Let alone a left-leaning one? What's the link between colleges and Trump? Or even colleges and Trump supporters? Even the professor protesting this debacle was reportedly a liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    You heard it here first folks, racism is a-okay with KrazyK.
    He didn't put crazy in his name for no reason. Lacking sanity is the norm with the commie posters around here.

Edit: Just look at the nutters above and below me.
    Last edited by Jingoism; 2017-06-10 at 01:54 PM.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I mean, how the hell did it start over minority students feeling unwelcome in a left-leaning college because of Trump winning the elections? I'd understand if they felt unwelcome in US as a whole, but a college? Let alone a left-leaning one? What's the link between colleges and Trump? Or even colleges and Trump supporters? Even the professor protesting this debacle was reportedly a liberal.
    Ever notice how "anti-racist" activists are always telling us how terrible colleges are and how racist colleges are and how unwelcome they feel there, then in the next breath they mention that they never, ever want to leave and they definitely need administrative sinecures like diversity coordinator to rectify the terrible racism? Gee, it's almost like the whole thing is just a racket.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, this is what happens when you have idiots who view the world as black and white. And, yes, I'm talking about both the extremist liberals and extremist conservatives...I view them both as equally stupid. The whole Evergreen State College issue is driven by this, with the voices of reason being almost completely eliminated out of the discussion.

Let's be completely honest here. Neither the leaders of the minority protests, nor the objectors to the protests are listening at all...very similar to what you can see on these boards. Neither side is trying to get at the truth of the matter. Like many threads around here, it is small-minded people playing gotcha's and one-up's over the other side. There are literally dozens (if not hundreds) of articles on RW sites jumping on their soapboxes with little understanding of the issues and complaints...and no desire to even get to that understanding. They just want to pontificate. (Yes, LW sites do the same....so what? We can fuss at them when their issue comes up.)

So we rarely get into the real problems. We rarely get to the point of educating the uninformed...and many times they really don't want to learn anyways. Real issues get turned into straw men, or put into a comparison of false equivalence.

People need to accept that one side is not always right as well as accept that perhaps, just perhaps, the side you favor might be wrong more often than being right. What is the truth of the matter? What do you really want yourself and your country to really become? Those are the questions you need to pose to yourself if you want to learn the truth. While I whole-heartedly disagree with the protesters at the college, some of the professors took the bad and made it worse. Both sides, like many on these boards, need to shut their pie-holes and start listening.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Oh shit! You found me out.

I think the students are fucking idiots as well but stop pretending that this is for any reason that isn't because of their ideology.
    I don't get why the state, since it's not 100% privately funded, can't remove the entire current administration(and maybe even fine them for their bullshit on an individual participatory basis), input new people, crack down on the protesting, and get everyone to do what they're supposed to do: learn. HORRYSHEEEEET. Novel idea. Going to school to learn and prepare for a future career. MAN. Why didn't I think of that?! Meanwhile punishing those that would threaten our system and values. Even more superb!

Are liberals literally insane? I mean, seriously these stories that come out now are just absurd. I honestly would have thought a story like was satire a few years ago, something I might read in The Onion. The party of self-proclaimed tolerance calling for the head of one who deviated slightly from their already foolish mantra.

I feel like the entire progressive movement is populated by children. Adults with even a shred of rational thought do not function this way.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Are liberals literally insane? I mean, seriously these stories that come out now are just absurd. I honestly would have thought a story like was satire a few years ago, something I might read in The Onion. The party of self-proclaimed tolerance calling for the head of one who deviated slightly from their already foolish mantra.

I feel like the entire progressive movement is populated by children. Adults with even a shred of rational thought do not function this way.
    Yes a handful of college kids represent the entire progressive movement just like neo nazis represent the entire conservative movement

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post

The terms "progressive" and "liberal" are not synonymous and should not be used interchangeably. The anti-white faction of progressivism is emphatically illiberal; this isn't even me just trying to make a finer distinction, the extremists on the left are very open about hating liberalism.

I'm surprised BLM isn't over there supporting the students. The fact this situation has went on as long as it has is absurd, the second they took over classrooms and offices they should of had the kids removed and arrested for trespassing. Its one thing to stand outside buildings and on sidewalks to protest, but to take over offices/classrooms that is crossing the line and imo illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Yes a handful of college kids represent the entire progressive movement just like neo nazis represent the entire conservative movement
    The kids aren't meaningfully representative - they're just idiots with various resentments and anxieties. That they're egged on by PoMo academics is what's disconcerting - those fuckers really are the vanguard of illiberal, radical, extreme leftism.

- - - Updated - - -

Also let's go into the insanity of punishing an entire college of about 5,000 people for the actions of just a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The kids aren't meaningfully representative - they're just idiots with various resentments and anxieties. That they're egged on by PoMo academics is what's disconcerting - those fuckers really are the vanguard of illiberal, radical, extreme leftism.
    Exactly just like all these neo nazis are the vanguard of conservatism, alt-right and Trump supporters I am glad we agree /s

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Exactly just like all these neo nazis are the vanguard of conservatism, alt-right and Trump supporters I am glad we agree /s
    Yes, Richard Spencer is the vanguard of a certain strain of right-wing extremism. I don't think people can really argue that point at all.

The obvious difference is that no one's offering Richard Spencer a posh, tenured academic position. Extreme leftism isn't very popular in mainstream American society, but it's surprisingly common in certain parts of academia. All manner of ridiculous, thoroughly discredited ideas are firmly believed and taught.