Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The expectation that I would want to do balance of power multiple times is a factor in why I quit.

It absolutely should. A lot of things should be account-wide that aren't.

Well, it gives a lot of AP, so it may be frustrating, but it helps a lot with your alts to raise faster your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    Well, it gives a lot of AP, so it may be frustrating, but it helps a lot with your alts to raise faster your weapon.
    Or, and hear me out, the quests could still be doable, but the appearance requirement should be done.

Just like CoS/Arcway attunements/the rest of the Suramar questline
    and Karazhan
    and the ToV questline
    and the Legionfall questline

See what I'm getting at?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's just an artifact appearance, why would you need that to be account wide?

Some requirements like Nightfallen progress and reputation should be removed on alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Giving alts everything simply because "I already did it" defeats character progression. Some things shouldn't be alt friendly.
    If anything shouldn't be alt friendly it'd be actual character progression (catch-up, relinquished-tokens etc). Forcing people to grind an outdated raid for weeks just to get a skin that will be patched out later when you have already done that content when it was current on a different char is plain retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    That sounds like a minimum to me.

Death knight
    Druid
    Hunter
    Mage
    Monk
    Paladin
    Priest
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Warrior

So best case scenario if you wanted to unlock the skin for each of your classes assuming they are currently all level 100 will take you nearly a year

Edit
    Forgot "Demon Hunter"

- - - Updated - - -

They couldn't even increase the drop rate of WoD Legendary Quest line leading up to its expiry so if they do it for this less than a year into the expansion I am going to be pissed.

PS
    IMO Skins should be an account class wide unlock which is the reason I am not bothering with them much at all.
    the reason they didn't openly increase the drop rate of WoD legendary drops was because they made it an account wide tag if you finished a particular part of the quest line. got all the drops from highmaul and finished that part? then your account was tagged and all alts had a higher drop rate. a couple abrogator stones per boss and the rare cluster turned into looting clusters every other kill on alts.

With spec balance being the worst the game has ever seen, and players constantly changing mains to stay competitive, yes I say it should be. There's no logical argument as to why it shouldn't. "Pride" is what sums up all the naysayers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything should be shared across characters.

It's just stupid to do things over and over again. There is enough 'new' stuff to spend your time on.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Well they increased the drop rate as I've gotten lucky on a few alts to get the 30 Corrupted Essence's off about 1 1/2 runs through on normal. It's actually more difficult to get into a PuG for Normal Nighthold as so many people want overgeared groups for their runs, I'm guessing more for the AP and Legendary because if you're overgeared for the raid, why not run it heroic then or mythic? Other than transmog purposes. What I would see happen is maybe just make the stuff that drops in raids drop in LFR on alts. That way it still takes some "effort" or time, like you're actually working for something on all characters.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Well they increased the drop rate as I've gotten lucky on a few alts to get the 30 Corrupted Essence's off about 1 1/2 runs through on normal. It's actually more difficult to get into a PuG for Normal Nighthold as so many people want overgeared groups for their runs, I'm guessing more for the AP and Legendary because if you're overgeared for the raid, why not run it heroic then or mythic? Other than transmog purposes. What I would see happen is maybe just make the stuff that drops in raids drop in LFR on alts. That way it still takes some "effort" or time, like you're actually working for something on all characters.
    Well, few weeks from now Nighthold will be treated same way as Emerald Nightmare is now.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    With spec balance being the worst the game has ever seen, and players constantly changing mains to stay competitive, yes I say it should be. There's no logical argument as to why it shouldn't. "Pride" is what sums up all the naysayers.
    hahahahahahah What? Spec Balance is hardly the worst it has ever been, god you people are drama queens.

No, I managed to do it in 3 weeks with the catch up mechanics, if you want it, go get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pretty sure I already commented on this thread but yes, yes it fucking should be. If you've done it once you've done it enough. No need to slog through that mess eleven more times.

I would strongly vote yes on this, until i actually did it on an alt...

It's so incredibly much faster now, that there is absolutely no need for making it account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did EN in 2 resets, doubt NH will take much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    I would strongly vote yes on this, until i actually did it on an alt...

It's so incredibly much faster now, that there is absolutely no need for making it account wide.
    Having the progress account-wide would still be much much much faster than doing it all again. If anything, let me use LFR to do it on alts as well as heroic dungeons.

Almost done with it on my ret pally alt and its still fucking annoying and a waste of time tbh. Blizzard really needs to embrace account-wide shit like this the next expansion if they do something similar again.

I was going to go for it on my shaman but eh, maybe near the end of the expansion as doing it twice twice is more than enough for now.

I only do this if 2 of the 3 weapons of the classes I play have good looking skins. Luckily for me, hunter (seriously, why couldn't they make the survival weapons more impressive looking?), warrior, and DH ones look like ass so that saves me a fuck ton of time.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-06-10 at 03:08 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I mean, it's pretty easy to complete at this point, even with PUGs. The drop rate for Corrupted Essence has been increased significantly, and the Nightshard part of the quest takes two weeks at most.
    (Protip: if the group is willing, turn in the Nightshard part of the questline before killing Gul'dan, since the next quest requires an item from him)

Whether or not you're willing to invest time into completing it on an alt is your choice. I do share the opinion that doing it on one character should make the progress easier, though; the only question is how.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-06-10 at 04:46 PM.

No, but it should be made exponentially easier for people completing it a second, third, etc. time through. The Nightshard portion could use a significant drop rate % increase.