Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That has nothing to do with anything at all, in fact, for a highest damaging ability, that's fairly low compared to some other specs.
    ok. i looked at the top parses. CB was used 134 times, then next closest abilities used was blade dance used 48 times. of the 280 million damage dealt, 127 million was CB, 49 mil was the next highest with blade dance. so i miss calculated, i forgot to add annihilation during meta. so CB was 49% of the damage
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-06-04 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    ok. i looked at the top parses. CB was used 134 times, then next closest abilities used was blade dance used 48 times. of the 280 million damage dealt, 127 million was CB, 49 mil was the next highest with blade dance. so i miss calculated, i forgot to add annihilation during meta. so CB was 49% of the damage
    49% still isn't uncommon. Just because you have 1 ability that does most of your ability, in no way shape or form implies the spec is easy or simple.

While YES I agree that DH is very simple and easy, one has nothing to do with the other.

I've tried a lot of builds on PTR, and all of them were quite close. On dummy I was doing around 750k-800k dps (ilvl 910 without flask and bl, and fight length was around 10minutes). I only used my current gear on live servers.
    So I tried :
    - HH + AS + overcharged + Earthen Spike, It pulled the highest numbers on length but is really demanding and won't be a good thing to use with our T20. It's fun to play but you always have to look out for a buff or cd to use and rarely have time to press an ability which is not coming from a proc. XD Really fun to try though.
    - HH + AS + overcharged + BoulderFist, clearly the most fluid of all the builds. It is a bit too much RNG based but the delta is something around 100k and as every RNG based thing it tends to balance itself as the fight goes on. 100k is really not much compared to what we suffer of today.
    - Landslide + AS + overcharged + BoulderFist, I didn't want to try this build at first, because I know that it's going to be a pain maintaining 3 buffs with T20 at all time. But I've got to say this one is very fluid as well and pulls good numbers.

I didn't have time to try more builds and mostly with the balance still ongoing from blizzard it didn't really make sense to do so in the first place. But I really wanted to get a feel of what I was supposed to pick when the patch goes live. And as you can see I just already had in mind to pick overcharged. I think that raid wise, Empowered Stormlash might be a good thing too, but you can't really tell that using a training dummy T.T

Oh and most importantly, I've tried Ascendance, omg what a waste. I made the worst pull using it. So... I don't know what Blizzard did, but they should really buff the windStrike damage otherwise that talent is really not worth picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Oh and most importantly, I've tried Ascendance, omg what a waste. I made the worst pull using it. So... I don't know what Blizzard did, but they should really buff the windStrike damage otherwise that talent is really not worth picking.
    Wind Lash doesn't count as an autoattack, so it doesn't generate maelstrom, doesn't have a guaranteed chance to proc windfury during Doom Winds, doesn't proc trinkets like Engine, and it applies the buff but doesn't proc the damage on trinkets like Nightblooming Frond. Separately, it also can't proc Stormbringer.

These have all been reported as bugs, so you can imagine Ascendance would feel quite a bit better assuming they get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Wind Lash doesn't count as an autoattack, so it doesn't generate maelstrom, doesn't have a guaranteed chance to proc windfury during Doom Winds, doesn't proc trinkets like Engine, and it applies the buff but doesn't proc the damage on trinkets like Nightblooming Frond. Separately, it also can't proc Stormbringer.

These have all been reported as bugs, so you can imagine Ascendance would feel quite a bit better assuming they get fixed.
    oh okay, I'll test another time then

Word is that the ascendance bugs have been fixed if you want to give it another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Word is that the ascendance bugs have been fixed if you want to give it another try.
    It is working. Plus the gloves have podouble potential. I got some lucky procs during ascendance to keep it going for almost 30 seconds on a few tests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    It is working. Plus the gloves have podouble potential. I got some lucky procs during ascendance to keep it going for almost 30 seconds on a few tests.
    I dont think Ascendance and gloves will synergize.

Hailstorm has been buffed by 11% so i would assume it pulls ahead on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well, there's no negative synergy between them at least. So long as you don't manually cast ascendance while already in form (sets ascendance duration to 15s rather than adding to current duration), you'll be fine. The positive synergy between Ascendance and the gloves is obviously limited but there is a little bit of one (namely, during ascendance uptime you don't need to press Rockbiter as often so you spend more GCDs on maelstrom spenders -> more chance to proc gloves). ES obviously benefits the extra physical damage you'd be doing, though it isn't ahead by some huge margin in sims even with gloves (it is ahead, though).

Deleted
    can someone explain me how I have to calculate with the damage modifiers in the patch notes? I see buffs and nerfs for specific abilites, but with those modifiers I cant really tell if it's a buff/nerf in the end overall to the specc when I look into the 7.2.5 class changes

I only play Enh Shaman as an alt. Currently with all the legendaries though, so what I am doing in terms of legs+talents come Tues?
    Currently I have bracers+EoTN ring with talent build 2-3-1-3-1-1-2 which is basically Hot Hands/HS based.

HHands now useless garbage...swap HH for new Landslide and what for level 100 now? or ?
    I assume bracers are even better with HS buffed? Ring still good.

thanks

Is hh useless? Searing flames makes LL stronger the less often you use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hailstorm has been buffed by 11% so i would assume it pulls ahead on single target.
    If it doesn't it's another pointless buff

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    I only play Enh Shaman as an alt. Currently with all the legendaries though, so what I am doing in terms of legs+talents come Tues?
    Currently I have bracers+EoTN ring with talent build 2-3-1-3-1-1-2 which is basically Hot Hands/HS based.

HHands now useless garbage...swap HH for new Landslide and what for level 100 now? or ?
    I assume bracers are even better with HS buffed? Ring still good.

thanks
    Hailstorm is becoming better with Akainus. The small buff helped increase the gap between AS and HS quite a bit when used with bracers.
    Hot Hands will still be a good talent. Earthen Spike and Ascendance both look good and will probably have their uses in certain situations. Overcharge also seems quite decent currently, especially in combination with Earthen Spike. Landslide is weak.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grazan View Post
    Is hh useless? Searing flames makes LL stronger the less often you use it.
    Not at all. Hot Hand increases Lava Lash damage by 100% so Searing Flames is 100% stronger when you use it with HH proc.

It leads to situations where you hope you dont have to use LL without HH proc (like e.g. at 60 stacks, you really hope you get a HH proc).

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Landslide is weak.
    Do you mean for the new patch or the current patch ? Because, as of now, I see everyone on the logs running with Landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Do you mean for the new patch or the current patch ? Because, as of now, I see everyone on the logs running with Landslide.
    7.2.5 of course.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Enhancement

Single Target = Akainu = Hot Hand.

thanks. Ive read it through several times now and no clue how all this maths out a net effect, are these changes:
    A.) Net buff for ST dps
    B.) Net nerf
    C.) Wash

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    thanks. Ive read it through several times now and no clue how all this maths out a net effect, are these changes:
    A.) Net buff for ST dps
    B.) Net nerf
    C.) Wash
    With Akainu on ST it simmed to be around 5% dps gain. AOE should be buffed by more.

Additionally the gloves are supposed to be a nice dps gain. But i didnt sim them. According to theory crafters there are competitive builds with the gloves.

Torn between trying out enh shaman(since it looks like ele is gonna be garbage again) or leveling a rogue and not have to deal with blizzards shitty balancing bullshit.