Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Must be a wonderful world you live in where everyone makes more than $15 dollars a hour and can easily justify spending money on something they can earn for free...but you sure aren't living in the real world.
    For me it's 2 hours of work, but to be fair I do not enjoy making gold in WoW so for me WoW Tokens are a justified purchase. But I won't disparage other people their choices not to buy them. Because I have no interest in the 'best' ways of making gold, like playing the AH or farming valuable things, I prefer to spend my limited game time doing things I enjoy like dungeons, raids and PvP. The limited "passive" income from those sources isn't great; for me to make 250k in-game would take me WAY WAY longer than 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    What part of "you do not need to play the game" is so hard to understand? There are plenty of addons and third party programs approved by Blizzard where you are only required to send inputs from time to time.

W0t?? There's absolutely zero 3rd party programs approved by Blizzard that allow automated input. There's addons that will run automated scripts available within the API, but any movement or hardware events require user input.

Deleted
    Just a shame that desitiny 2 will prolly be shit, like destiny 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Just a shame that desitiny 2 will prolly be shit, like destiny 1
    I wonder how many cancelled orders there will be when people find out there aren't dedicated servers and no cross platform play and Blizz goes "lul you paid with bnet balance we already got your money we don't care"
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-06-09 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's not expensive at all, $15 a month is nothing, and if it is something - then that person should probably spend their free time trying to find ways to make sure at some point $15 is nothing
    ppl already said that. 15$ is nothing but you could do more with those 15$ + the game + the xpac. + (indeed all the xpacs) in other place.

I always see prices like this and realize how broke as a player I've always been. Usually hovering around a couple grand.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    pretty cheap. wow would of thought it would be A LOT higher.

250k in today's wow is 1 or 2 days of grinding
    About a week for me if i try hard, and my wife doesnt kill me. So i can either work 1 hour overtime for 2 tokens and get 500k gold, or i can grind really hard for 2 weeks for 500k gold and a potential divorce.

I would be a proper idiot if i went for the second choice...

Farming gold in-game for tokens so i can play for free? Wait, wat, no... makes zero sense to me. Even if i was unemployed and single. I just cant see any possible scenario where i would do that.

Deleted
    We can thank all of the botters, the WoW Draenor Economical Growth and so on. The problem will still remain there though. 250k is an absurd ammount for European players, no matter if they are boosters or not, if you compare it down to the prices when it was still a new idea in. Imo, there should be a sort of reset to the price everywhere (since othere places have worse value on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Crescento View Post
    250k is an absurd ammount for European players, no matter if they are boosters or not, if you compare it down to the prices when it was still a new idea in. Imo, there should be a sort of reset to the price everywhere (since othere places have worse value on it).
    Well except the US, all other regions are even higher than EU so I don't get this whine that EU has some "absurd amount".

current values:
    EU = 227k
    US = 129k
    China = 428k
    Taiwan = 295k
    Korea = 367k

Most "absurd" part is the fact I was checking some videos recently and people claim you can get enough gold for US token from playing just 1 char and only selling bacon when it pops up, mats from bloods shoulder enchant (guy claimed doing just the emissary) and sending order hall gold missions. I mean if it's literally that easy why aren't people doing it? Or are the youtubers exaggerating...

And tbh if token was "reset" again to 30k or what was the original starting price I assure you wouldn't be able to buy one, ever, because no one is gonna bother spending their hard earned cash for pitiful amount of gold, what can they buy for 30k? A cool mount? A powerful BOE? Not really most interesting items go above that price, not even mentioning boosts, it's just a transaction where the biggest profit belongs to Blizz, RL money boosts are bannable but if 1 guy buys gold for 20$ and pays that gold to a booster who then buys the token and converts it into balance? The money just passes hands but Blizz gets a 5$ cut, however most sides are happy, boosters get their money, boostees get their loot, and Blizzard gets their dividends.

Tokens were invented as a means of trade between people who have too much gold in wow and too much money irl (or just enough to spend on luxury like buying virtual currency), in a system profitable to Blizzard. They were never invented for "I'm too poor irl and too poor in game" people, if you have nothing, Blizzard can't profit from you, so you don't matter to them as a customer, they're a business for profit, obviously. Blizzard never cared for second or third world countries to offer them special subscription plan adapted to their local economy (except Russia), I'm not even sure if they have different sub for South American servers or do they have the same sub as US.

But on EU servers it doesn't matter if you're from western Europe, eastern Europe, middle east, Africa, or w/e other place people play from still on EU servers, the sub is the same. You either can pay it or cannot, what you think it "should be" doesn't really matter to Blizzard. The gold price isn't any different, it's not how much you think is "fair" is how high people are still willing to pay for it. And there are always these few AH moguls per server that can go quite high.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-06-10 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know why wow was a free 2 play game on US servers and not in the rest of the world. I mean under 100k gold with the actual game is f2p. I think Blizzard fixed it by adding new options with the token. I just wonder why it is that high, and the best answer to me is that very few people wants to buy gold. I mean if you are a casual you don't need that much gold, if you play more seriously, you earn sufficient gold from the game. I do not see a high price as a sign of wow wellness.

Quote Originally Posted by gadax View Post
    I don't know why wow was a free 2 play game on US servers and not in the rest of the world. I mean under 100k gold with the actual game is f2p.
    If you have no idea how inflation works, then maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by gadax View Post
    I just wonder why it is that high, and the best answer to me is that very few people wants to buy gold. I mean if you are a casual you don't need that much gold, if you play more seriously, you earn sufficient gold from the game.
    Yeah, the game needs more gold sinks. If you play the game even just a little bit more than raidlogging you'll have no need to buy gold.

As for making enough gold to buy a token... at least on my server I just have to sell 2 plate legendaries per month to get 250k. Dungeon quests can be done in mythic+ which I do anyway. ToV twice is less than an hour, farming scraps another hour. Certainly more time than earning 13€ in RL but still just playing the game without going much out of my way to make gold.

I wouldn't be surprised if token price goes up to half a million.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    If you have no idea how inflation works, then maybe...
    It's not about inflation, it's about disparity between regions. Cheap tokens = more people buying gold. Expensive tokens = more people farming gold and paying gametime / bnet balance with gold. For @gadax game can be f2p thanks to so many others who are buying gold keeping token prices there low.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's not about inflation, it's about disparity between regions. Cheap tokens = more people buying gold. Expensive tokens = more people farming gold and paying gametime / bnet balance with gold. For @gadax game can be f2p thanks to so many others who are buying gold keeping token prices there low.
    It's exactly about inflation. Prices in the US region are generally lower.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It's exactly about inflation. Prices in the US region are generally lower.
    Inflation means only that the price increases over time (which it does), it doesn't explain why it capped earlier in the US or rose at the slower rate. The in-game conditions are the same across all regions (avenues to obtain gold, expenses like repairs or vendor prices), the rest is player-driven economy so the difference is in the playerbase not in the game or token algorithm.

If US version of the game had for some weird reason smaller gold rewards or higher repair costs, then you could say everything is explained by one region having decreased rate of "printing gold" in comparison to another, but this isn't the case.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Inflation means only that the price increases over time (which it does), it doesn't explain why it capped earlier in the US or rose at the slower rate. The in-game conditions are the same across all regions (avenues to obtain gold, expenses like repairs or vendor prices), the rest is player-driven economy so the difference is in the playerbase not in the game or token algorithm.

If US version of the game had for some weird reason smaller gold rewards or higher repair costs, then you could say everything is explained by one region having decreased rate of "printing gold" in comparison to another, but this isn't the case.
    Exactly, the gold income in the game should be 100% the same, gold vendor prices are also been the exact same. A 2 million spider mount both EU and US.

EU and US regions also have many different countries each, so currency/income isn't an argument either really.

US has Oceania/South Americans too. EU has Eastern Europe/Russia, probably Africa as well for time-zones.

Now Asia, China is by far the highest token price, also by far the biggest "potential" playerbase by number of people, but then again, number of people isn't the factor since Korea has less population then like France or Germany alone.

The pattern of rising prices isn't the same for each region either, US and EU clearly spiked up after Bnet balance and Destiny 2.

But really , all regions went up massively 2-4 times their original Pre-Legion values.

US started at 30000, EU at 35000 but if wowtoken website is correct, at that time China was at around 48k around then, Taiwan at over 200k, Korea around 150k.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-10 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    i bought a token 2 weeks ago & it sold in less than 30 minutes

I'm curious as to why people believe that everyone has the same value of things, especially money. After all, the game was valuable enough for many to get a subscription, why can't a currency system be as well?
    Yes they are pixels but you could apply the same ideology to everything... "Why do you need that 35th part of shoes?", "Why are you buying the Pathfinder Edition: Mass Effect Andromeda?".

Either way, Activision got their desire of more profit. Destiny 2 just made the market go incredibly nuts and people are snapping up tokens like hot cakes. You have to admire their ability to rustle up funds with the simpliest of things really.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-10 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Well yes absolutely you are not the only one that quit but Blizzard is a business. If 10 people like you quit but now someone like me buys 20-30 tokens/month, they are making a killing.
    Oh I don't blame them. It's just a bummer. I'd happily pay for a subscription if I had more time myself to play. I like supporting things I like. I just play once or twice a week and it isn't worth it for me. When tokens were 30-50k, I could easily justify it (and wouldn't run out resources so quickly). I didn't even need to grind much.

However, I do think it can be short-sighted to run a company like that (they have the numbers so I am assuming they know what they are doing)... I don't think "making a killing" is always in the best interest of a game or the company. Now, WoW has already been through "the long run" so anything here on out is bonus.

But look at how Archeage launched as a cash-grab. Sure they made a killing, but their "business decisions" that were all purely profit-based hurt the game and people left by the droves. Active members are sometimes better than a smaller number of whales pumping money into a game--even if the latter makes you more money RIGHT NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If that kind of thing is your "injustice trigger" I wonder how you can live in the world of today.....you know, a world where Nestle pays just a few dollars to withdraw water from a community that they then sell for 100 million+ in bottled water back to people.
    I don't feel as if any injustice was done to me. Blizzard has shareholders to answer to and fiscal responsibilities and quarterly targets to hit. They owe me nothing. I'm just bummed that I personally can no longer justify playing the game I once loved a few times a week. If I played every day and was raiding all the time like I used to, $15 a month is more than reasonable, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I don't feel as if any injustice was done to me. Blizzard has shareholders to answer to and fiscal responsibilities and quarterly targets to hit. They owe me nothing. I'm just bummed that I personally can no longer justify playing the game I once loved a few times a week. If I played every day and was raiding all the time like I used to, $15 a month is more than reasonable, in my opinion.

and its ok - the more people feel like this the closer we are to wow going f2p - wow tokens were nice experiement that worked well for past 2 years but its reaching its end - we should see what blizzard comes up with next - whether it will be another annual pass or something else - so that they keep people in .

wow is very fun game but after nearly a year legion is already very boring - the content they put in got old and unfun - and as always the only thing carrying them are raids. mythic + and raids are fun but its content only appealing to 10 % of playerbase rest is depraved of any meaningfull content in order to appease that top 10 % .

and that why wow is failing and you can see outcry about tokens - because for majority wow is simply not worth spending those 15 $ a month anymore - it may be worth if it was f2p but not with $$$$ - and its time to realise that wow will never be as fun as it was in wolk - wow devs are simply incapable of giving content to masses - they have proven for past 6 years that only group that gets content besides launch are raiders - so people should accept it and act accordingly - and in thise case it means unsubbing when game is not fun anymore - unsub untill incmpetent devs gets fired and they hire some that will give content to masses.