Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Young Humpback Euthanized

A young Humpback Whale that was washed ashore by heavy waves of the Eastern Coast of Australia has been Euthanized.

The Humpback washed ashore & beached 2 days ago and Lots of Volunteers have tried to save it

They where going to tow it back to sea at High Tide, but the sea was too rough.

Vets decided to put the young Humpback down , this afternoon.

The lovely whale I think knew Humans where helping him.. He kept looking around etc

I am kinda sad about the whales death.. But if they had towed him out to sea, Great Whites would have killed him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...0d83d1d5fec129

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-06-10 at 08:35 AM.

oh thank God, I thought it said "Young hunchback euthanized" and it would be about a human child who's organs were outgrowing his body or something.

Deleted
    Poor thing. Oh well, at least they tried to get it back to sea. It's good they didn't prolong its suffering.

Did he drop any good loot?

So instead of letting the humpback get killed naturally, they are going to kill it because we are the top of the food chain. Nice logix.

we really should develop machinery that can handle getting whales back into the water, even full grown ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    So instead of letting the humpback get killed naturally, they are going to kill it because we are the top of the food chain. Nice logix.
    picture a 400lb dude sitting on your chest for like 4 hours.

that's what this whale is going through. they're a sea animal, they can breathe air but their body is made to be supported by water. on land, they crush their selves to death under their own weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Naturally the whale would have died on the beach after days of being stuck there in pain
    They just made it quicker and less painful

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This will be an interesting thread that shows how we (humans) all are just hypocrites.....

Picture this with you reading it while ating a pizza with tuna. I have some nice salmon in the fridge btw.
    Who puts tuna on pizza?

Tuna and salmon are fish, whales are mammals and a mammal we share a certain cognitive kinship. Cetaceans are among the most intelligent non-humans, likely second to humans. Not only that but they possess an emotional complexity that may rival if not exceed that of a human (we don't know that much about how their brains work).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also thrown off by the absence of the word "whale" in the thread title

This will be an interesting thread that shows how we (humans) all are just hypocrites.....

Picture this with you reading it while ating a pizza with tuna. I have some nice salmon in the fridge btw.
    stop ruining pizza!

10+ Year Old Account
    those people are monsters.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    oh thank God, I thought it said "Young hunchback euthanized"
    Glad I'm not the only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Who puts tuna on pizza?
    Most seafood pizzas have tuna on them. Tuna is good on pizza.

Never heard of "frutti di mare"?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    those people are monsters.
    a quick death vs. being crushed to death by my own body slowly while feeling my skin dry and crack

i think i'd rather the quick death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I'm wondering how the hell they did euthanize something of that size. Doing it by firing squad would take half an hour.

Dunno..thought pineapple is the biggest sin.

Yeah, I understand that theoretically "we share a certain cognitive kinship" with mammals. Well...unless we like steak. Or Bacon....but don't dare touch that dog.

Like I said....hypocrites

- - - Updated - - -

I admit it is what I read at first and why I am in this thread :P
    You're misunderstanding my point, we share a specific cognitive kinship with cetaceans in particular because they are second to us in intelligence. Smarter than most non-human hominids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    You're misunderstanding my point, we share a specific cognitive kinship with cetaceans in particular because they are second to us in intelligence. Smarter than most non-human hominids.
    Or trump supporters.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-10 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    oh thank God, I thought it said "Young hunchback euthanized" and it would be about a human child who's organs were outgrowing his body or something.
    Guilty as well.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Here I'm wondering how the hell they did euthanize something of that size. Doing it by firing squad would take half an hour.
    Same way we euthanize other stuff, with a chemical cocktail... Only with a lot more of it and a giant needle.

The natural choices were: being ripped to shreds by sharks that were hanging by and ending up like that giant sea creature that washed up looking like hell, potentially suffering for hours if not days prior -or- letting the whale die from dehydration that could take days from being beached.
    I would pick the third choice with us helping, least it was quicker and they gradually fell asleep with much more peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    I am kinda sad about the whales death.. But if they had towed him out to sea, Great Whites would have killed him.
    Well then this is what they should do, since it is nature selection at its best. Also why did they denied Great Whites a dinner?!

Ms Lorigan said samples would be taken to determine the cause of death.

She confirmed the young whale, weighing about 10 tonnes, was put down about 1pm.
    Who wrote that article 0.o They put him down, or did he died so they had to take samples to 'determine the cause of death'? Seems illogical.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-10 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.