Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The REAL issue with Druid Class Mount

I know there was another thread but that got bogged down with people misunderstanding what the poster was saying and missing the point.

Blizzard originally stated that the Druid Class Mount would both replace Flight Form and be an optional mount. The main reason for this is obvious to druid players and that's customization! The original idea would have meant that we could still use our original or glyph form and still be able to use Lunarwing as a mount. Currently that's impossible, I have unlocked Lunarwing but because I have Glyph of the Sentinel (which cost gold) I can't use it without removing the appearance I like. I know Blizzard said this was unintentional and can be fixed but the last comment implied they won't bother if people prefer less customization.

Frankly I don't know why Blizzard didn't just make Lunarwing a new ability like the Stag Glyph so people could both use original bird/bat and Lunarwing. I really hope Blizzard does address this

I'm just bummed that it doesn't count as a mount for achievements. That means I have to do this crap on another character.

im bummed that it doesnt land on the ground and just chill on its feet like the original does...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bummed that it looks retarded. Seriously, what the bloody hell is with the neck and head?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'm bummed that it looks retarded. Seriously, what the bloody hell is with the neck and head?!
    Broken neck

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They would've made it it's own spell if they could. It was what they had hoped but the engine is just so dated that it would've taken longer than they're willing to spend on it appearently. So they put in the opt-out option instead of just making it a proper mount as originally promised. Tied customization to race because why not shaft players even further while they're at it and push it out half arsed with almost no animations and with the wrong sound effects. I'd be fine with the rogue mount or some felbat as a new form but I'd settle with the Grove Warden if it has to be a mount. It's one of the most fitting mounts for druids imo and that it's unobtainable is just insulting to those druids that didn't raid in the end of WoD and new druid-players alike. It's way more fitting to be a class hall mount than that brokeback horrifying owl. Feels like they went: "Shit! we put in all these moose mounts so what are we going to give druids for class mount?! -Not that many owls. Everyone likes owls! -Wait what does a flying owl look like again? -Screw it, lets just go with the old gryphon/peacock skeleton and make it a passenger mount. That way we can make it an updated flight form? Which druid uses mounts anyway? -5 birds with one stone, good job everyone!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have unlocked Lunarwing but because I have Glyph of the Sentinel (which cost gold) I can't use it without removing the appearance I like. I know Blizzard said this was unintentional and can be fixed but the last comment implied they won't bother if people prefer less customization.
    I wish they'd just leave it. The Lunarwing form is hideous and should be burned with fire.
    Sentinel Owl is good and everyone should get the glyph.

So - just leave it. Don't mess it up by changing stuff. I don't want the Lunarwing anywhere. I'm never going to use it as a mount. I'm never going to use it as form.
    The only thing I want is to get +1 mount credit for completing the quest. Other than that, who cares about the form or mount - it's garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I wish they'd just leave it. The Lunarwing form is hideous and should be burned with fire.
    Sentinel Owl is good and everyone should get the glyph.

So - just leave it. Don't mess it up by changing stuff. I don't want the Lunarwing anywhere. I'm never going to use it as a mount. I'm never going to use it as form.
    The only thing I want is to get +1 mount credit for completing the quest. Other than that, who cares about the form or mount - it's garbage.
    Except with Glyph you can't carry people which is stupid

Deleted
    Except with Glyph you can't carry people which is stupid
    Which is exactly the way it should be. I don't want to carry anyone. In any form. Ever. That sucks

Deleted
    Which is exactly the way it should be. I don't want to carry anyone. In any form. Ever. That sucks
    You can only carry people in a party....

Do you have some sort of meaningless thread quota to reach? Who cares... It looks dumb. Its just an optional aesthetic for one class. Lots of promises are broken in this game and life. Move on.

lol, druids werent upset when they got a free flying mount back in BC when everyone else had to pay 5k. suck it up, half of the class mounts look like shit anyway.

Derpbird is best mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Do you have some sort of meaningless thread quota to reach? Who cares... It looks dumb. Its just an optional aesthetic for one class. Lots of promises are broken in this game and life. Move on.
    Didn't take long for you to miss the point. I don't play a druid and I got it.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it overall, but I do wish it could land like the other flight forms. I get why it doesn't though, it's clearly using the Ashes of Alar rigging for it's animation, which doesn't have a land animation.
    Butts.

the real problem is just that it looks stupid

Deleted
    You can only carry people in a party....
    Which part of the message was hard to understand? I don't want to carry anyone, ever. Shittiest feature ever.

Deleted
    Which part of the message was hard to understand? I don't want to carry anyone, ever. Shittiest feature ever.
    It's optional duh

7+ Year Old Account
    you do understand that no one is forcing you to carry anyone right?

hell, if a party member jumps on you, you can even throw him off.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    It's optional duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    you do understand that no one is forcing you to carry anyone right?

hell, if a party member jumps on you, you can even throw him off.
    Loool

And do you understand that I don't want party members to jump on my character?
    Jesus... What part of "I don't like that feature"-don't you understand?

Why are you trying to fucking mansplain to me what I should like and don't like?
    Motherfuckers...

Let's see. We could try arguing this: I love Black Metal and I hate Justin Bieber.
    There.. now please explain to me why I should like Justin Bieber, because his music is played on the radio. Go ahead. It's the same non-sensical argument we're having about this.

It makes no sense to argue this - you guys just can't keep yourself from replying.. "ooh someone is wrong on the Internet, I must reply!"

You could just go "*shrug* I guess he doesn't like feature zyx. Oh well.. moving on". How about you try that, eh?