Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    How do you know there aren't the proper regulations? You are going to have to explain why is it the case.

The healthcare and pharmaceutical industries (more healthcare than anything) are not even comparable since in that case, it's a problem of incentives. Once again, you are going to have to proof there is a similar problem in incentives in the green energy industry.
    Yeah, green energy has sufficient incentives and governmental intervention, healthcare and big pharma doesn't, your argument defeats itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? I was the one saying that private investment in green energy is not bad. I'd never say the same thing about healthcare or the pharma industry.
    Private investment in healthcare and big pharma isn't the problem, in fact, if you want to develop new treatments and whatnot, you need private entities investing in research.

The problem is what happens if you let essential services(or anything else really, just that essential services tend to be impacted the most because obviously they are required for survival and thus taken more seriously) be purely provided by private entities without any governmental oversight.

Green energy development and implementation is closely monitored by the government until Trump came along, which, unlike healthcare and big pharma, obviously isn't as problematic to the end user precisely because of it.

Therefore, your argument already defeated itself soundly. Learn to think before engaging in contrarian verbal diarrhea.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-06-06 at 04:51 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Did this thread really get dragged into hillary was corrupt too!!
    Of course, it is a tried a true defense that has a lot of tradition.

If you are unhappy about this, you should blame the voters who hold identical views who put these people in office.

- - - Updated - - -

You should also probably remember that there are special interests pumping a lot of money into things you probably support.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, green energy has sufficient incentives and governmental intervention, healthcare and big pharma doesn't, your argument defeats itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Private investment in healthcare and big pharma isn't the problem, in fact, if you want to develop new treatments and whatnot, you need private entities investing in research.

The problem is what happens if you let essential services(or anything else really, just that essential services tend to be impacted the most because obviously they are required for survival and thus taken more seriously) be purely provided by private entities without any governmental oversight.

Green energy development and implementation is closely monitored by the government until Trump came along, which, unlike healthcare and big pharma, obviously isn't as problematic to the end user precisely because of it.

Therefore, your argument already defeated itself soundly. Learn to think before engaging in contrarian verbal diarrhea.
    This type of hostility is why I deledted my answer. But you replied, meh.

Anyways.

How do you know Trump fucked it up, do you like know if he did something beyond cutting some funding? How do you know the green energy industry doesn't need deregulation? Overregulation is also a problem afterall.

Most of the positive claims you are making lack evidence.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-06-06 at 11:33 AM.

This type of hostility is why I deledted my answer. But you replied, meh.

Anyways.

How do you know Trump fucked it up, do you like know if he did something beyond cutting some funding? How do you know the green energy industry doesn't need deregulation? Overregulation is also a problem afterall.

Most of the positive claims you are making lack evidence.
    Hostility is the MO of many people of this forum my friend. They are caught up in the captivity of negativity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Hostility is the MO of many people of this forum my friend. They are caught up in the captivity of negativity.
    Tell us about the MSM again

Funny that no one has replied to this. I guess there isn't too much to say about it.

Here are the top 50 interests groups and to whom they donted. Feel free to debunk this website. I am sure you will twist the information provided somehow.

Democrats- https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...y=D&cycle=2016
    Republicans- https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...y=R&cycle=2016

And both together - https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/mems.php

Very interesting trends.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Tell us about the MSM again
    It seems many already have my friend.
    Have a wonderful day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny that no one has replied to this. I guess there isn't too much to say about it.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems many already have my friend.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Yup, just as I thought. You are too stubborn or ignorant to admit that you exemplify everything you claim to rail against.
    It's really funny watching someone's hypocrasy at this level.

HAVE A GOOD DAY SEE THE SUNSHINE. SMILE . TA TA. SAYANORA. GOODBYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yup, just as I thought. You are too stubborn or ignorant to admit that you exemplify everything you claim to rail against.
    It's really funny watching someone's hypocrasy at this level.

HAVE A GOOD DAY SEE THE SUNSHINE. SMILE . TA TA. SAYANORA. GOODBYE.
    Exactly what do I "rail against" my friend?
    Still raining today. Water brings life though. Thank you for the sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Did this thread really get dragged into hillary was corrupt too!!
    Don't they all?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Don't they all?
    She was a Senator after all.
    Sad thing is I have tried several times to bring it back on track.

The same companies that urged Trump to stay in the Paris accord. Is it doublethink day?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    #draintheswamp

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/republicans-urged-trump-exit-paris-funded-fossil-fuel-companies

When you’re wondering why politicians vote or act one way or the other, the best thing to do is follow the money. So it will come as no surprise whatsoever to anyone that the 22 Republican Senators that signed an anti-Paris letter a few days ago are all heavily funded by big oil and coal corporations.

The letter, signed by some of the most prominent climate change deniers in the land, including Senator James “Snowball Thrower” Inhofe, praised Trump for all the work he’s done reversing Obama-era climate measures so far.

“We applaud you for your ongoing efforts to reduce overregulation in America,” it reads. “To continue on this path, we urge you to make a clean exit from the Paris agreement so that your administration can follow through on its commitment to rescind the Clean Power Plan.”

Despite thousands of businesses, energy giants, his own daughter, many in his own administration, the Pope, most of America, and the entirety of the rest of the world urging Trump to stay in the Paris agreement, it seems these short-sighted, greedy, and downright nationalistic views prevailed – sadly, to no one’s surprise.

It’s also not shocking, as the Guardian*pointed out, that these Senators are long-time recipients of donations from fossil fuel industries, particularly oil and gas. In total, over the last three election cycles (2012, 2014, 2016 midterms), they have received $10,694,284.

Here’s a complete list of the Senators that signed the letter, ranked in descending order of fossil fuel company donations.

1 - Ted Cruz, Texas ($2,569,810)
    2 - Mitch McConnell, Kentucky ($1,542,084)
    3 - John Cornyn, Texas ($1,134,506)
    4 - John Barrasso, Wyoming ($585,822)
    5 - Tim Scott, South Carolina ($548,276)
    6 - James Inhofe, Oklahoma ($529,550)
    7 - Orrin Hatch, Utah ($471,250)
    8 - Roy Blunt, Missouri ($449,864)
    9 - Pat Roberts, Kansas ($417,775)
    10 - Thad Cochran, Mississippi ($291,905)
    11- Michael Enzi, Wyoming ($274,383)
    12 - Thom Tillis, North Carolina ($263,400)
    13 - Mike Lee, Utah ($253,415)
    14 - Rand Paul, Kentucky ($252,786)
    15 - Roger Wicker, Mississippi ($224,192)
    16 - Mike Rounds, South Dakota ($201,900)
    17 - David Perdue, Georgia ($184,250)
    18 - John Boozman, Arkansas ($149,930)
    19 - Jim Risch, Idaho ($149,530)
    20 - Mike Crapo, Idaho ($137,006)
    21 - Richard Shelby, Alabama ($62,650)
    22 - Luther Strange, Alabama (Running in 2017, funding unavailable)
    BREAKING NEWS: Like Minded People Found to be Supporting the Same Things!

Is your notion really that Conservatives don't buy in to climate change alarmists, because they are all paid to think that way? Where can I sign up for these Big Oil paychecks? I have been voicing my opinions for free, damn it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post

Is your notion really that Conservatives don't buy in to climate change alarmists, because they are all paid to think that way? Where can I sign up for these Big Oil paychecks? I have been voicing my opinions for free, damn it!
    Then you're under the category ignorant of the science because the only reason people don't believe in climate change are those cashing in or the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then you're under the category ignorant of the science because the only reason people don't believe in climate change are those cashing in or the ignorant
    I never said anything about climate change. I said climate change alarmists. If you eliminate every "science denier" from the discussion, you are still left with a whole host of varying opinions on the degree of the problem. Exxon-Mobile has a climate change position to the left of Trump, yet I'm pretty sure that there are those to the left of Exxon on the matter. Do you see what I mean? There is a difference between the science, and the alarmism. They are not attached.

Also, feel free to put me in whatever category you dream up. It means nothing to me obviously. Your attempts at shaming me for having independent opinions is laughable.

Well the point is that they clearly ARE paid to think that way, and you literally have the numbers of exactly how many hundreds of thousands of dollars are being stuffed into their pockets as bribery. To such a point that you openly admit what a sweet deal that it is that you would take it immediately if given the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well the point is that they clearly ARE paid to think that way, and you literally have the numbers of exactly how many hundreds of thousands of dollars are being stuffed into their pockets as bribery. To such a point that you openly admit what a sweet deal that it is that you would take it immediately if given the opportunity.
    So, to put it a different way, if Ted Cruz gets donations from Conservatives, is he being paid to think like them? I mean, the notion that a business could not donate to someone who agrees with them, because that would be some sort of wrong doing, is just a BIZARRE stance to take.

So, to put it a different way, if Ted Cruz gets donations from Conservatives, is he being paid to think like them?
    Pretty much, yeah. The payments would stop when he stopped agreeing with them. You don't waste 2.5 million dollars without an expectation of reward, and the fossil fuel companies reap the rewards of this as the politicians they bribe cut regulations that get in the way of their business, so to them it's really more of a long term investment.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. The payments would stop when he stopped agreeing with them. You don't waste 2.5 million dollars without an expectation of reward, and the fossil fuel companies reap the rewards of this as the politicians they bribe cut regulations that get in the way of their business, so to them it's really more of a long term investment.
    So, you are now saying that this money is only provided to Ted Cruz, because he agrees with them. That is a complete reversal of your original notion, that they only stated this stuff because they were paid to. As I said all along, the opposite is true. They don't say this stuff because they are paid to, they are paid because they say this stuff.

So, you are now saying that this money is only provided to Ted Cruz, because he agrees with them. That is a complete reversal of your original notion, that they only stated this stuff because they were paid to. As I said all along, the opposite is true. They don't say this stuff because they are paid to, they are paid because they say this stuff.
    How is saying it's a mutually beneficial arrangement contradictory? I don't see those as being opposites at all.