Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    we have the necromancer
    play dk or warlock or shadow priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if Necromancer would count (As I don't know too much about them), but I'd like to see a new ranged class in-game. They could be something like a Mystic or a wizard, using magical spells and runes, or maybe a combination of magic and ranged projectiles.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

"Necromancers are just Unholy Dk."

Yet we have Holy Paladins and Holy Priests with complete differente playstyles.

Deleted
    Hot naked girl, Hot naked Strip-Teaser, Hot naked lesbians, Dallas cow-boy cheer leader. These are my choices, yours completely suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, but we're talking about bringing in an entire class off the basis of a single Priest spell, not just a single spec.
    Why do you gotta be so dishonest, Teriz? At no point whatsoever, any one has said "hey, see this priest spell, 'hymn'? Let's make a class out of it."

Except the actual Hunter theme....
    And neither the priest's nor the monk's themes are about singing. One is about the gods, the other is martial arts.

Hymns fit perfectly within the Priest class. In lore, Chi-hi uses music and harmony. You're never going to see Hunters piloting mechs.
    I'm starting to see the problem, here: when you put an idea in your head, said idea becomes 'holy truth' and any deviation or, god forbid, counter to said idea becomes instant heresy. It's not a fact that a tech class will have a mech. Hell, it's not even guaranteed. Another example is this fixed idea that you have that Bards can only be 'buff-bots' and nothing else.

Because it weakens the design space of the existing class, and cheapens the existence of the newer class.
    Holy paladins and holy priests. Destruction warlocks and fire mages. Heroism and Timewarp. Battle-rez abilities for DKs and Warlocks. Your argument is invalid.

Yeah, but both Monks and DKs had strong Blizzard identities to pull from to make those forms of tanking viable from the get-go.
    Monks and DKs had little to no "identities" to pull from. The Arthas' hero in WC3, for example, despite being a melee, was a glass cannon. And the monk had no healing or tanking identities in Warcraft to begin with.

There's no history of Bards in Wasrcraft or WoW to pull from in the same manner.
    Just as much as DKs and Monks, there is.

Not even close.
    Here's the thing, here's the double-standard: you claim that the tech class would play different than a druid, despite both being about 'fighting in different forms', simply because one has a 'nature' coat of paint, the other has a 'tech' coat of paint. But you refuse to give the bards the same treatment, saying that "coat of paints" are not enough to make them different, despite one having a 'holy' coat of paint and the other has 'song/music' coat of paint.

Repost.
    Russel Brower can be seen in Twilight Highlands using music to boost his group's healing, and in Firelands using music to create frost spells. Then we have Hearthsinger Forresten using music to incapacitate players.

The fact that they have never established music as being fundamentally different than other forms of magic.
    So what? You have two classes performing the exact same role using the exact same form of magic. What is the problem here? So what? Music/song doesn't necessarily have to be its own "element".

Because technology isn't the theme of the Hunter class,
    The various tech gadget abilities the class has disagrees. Yeah, funny. Priest having a single music spell prevents the bard from existing, but the hunter possessing several tech abilities somehow doesn't prevent the tech class from existing. Double-standard more than confirmed.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    None of those will ever be in the game for multiple reasons.
    Sure they won't! And we'll never get Demon Hunters because their abilities are already spread out to Warlocks and Rogues! And Pandaren are impossible because they were an April Fool's joke and China won't accept it! And Goblins can't happen because they're neutral. And Monks aren't going to happen because WoW isn't an anime!

All these things will never happen for a variety of reasons!

I don't see any of these happening, at least not in the way some people hope for.
    What's a typical necromancer design in every game: summon undead minions and either (a) cast poisons/curses/diseases or (b) swing a scythe at things. We already have too many melee and the range aspect is nothing more than another warlock/spriest. Even if it was melee, DKs already have the Necromancer vibe with Unholy spec.
    Bards? What's it going to do? Play music and buff the raid? Maybe heal? Yeah, it could be fun and interesting, but forget having a buff class design (the way most bards are made). Too many limitations and design issues. For example: how many are mandatory for progression raids, 1/2/3? Why don't other classes get buffs back? Do raid encounters get designed with these buffs in mind or without? If they do then a guild without one is screwed, if they don't then the class is OP for an encounter. Do you forgo the buff design and just make it a rdps/heals? That could work but seems silly in the long run. "Let me kill this thing with the power of TUNES!"
    Tinkers? Well, the power suit thing could work, but expect if that happens to be a goblin/gnome only thing. Any other race in a power suit will be too big and clunky from a design standpoint. Every boss now becomes "Leg boss" to compensate scale. Do we need more melee? Right now, definitely not. That leaves tank/rdps/heals. Yeah, that could be cool. Firing beams and missiles at shit to do damage or give AoE style healing. Tank could work as well. Main issue, after getting a new melee class with DHs and a new melee spec with SV hunters, I wouldn't bank on getting another melee for a while.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker - but not only Gnomes and Goblins! The following races also demonstrated that they are well-capable of operating AND developing machinery:

Humans (yes we can)
    Dwarves (some great siege machine pilots and engineers there)
    Draenei (crystal magicks!)

Orcs (from the Foundry to the battlefield!)
    Forsaken (very creepy but functional)
    Blood Elves (golems! crystals!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post

Yes, but let's be honest, it's rather lackluster and outside of a few trinkets or enchants, it doesn't do too much.

A tinker class could have a tank spec - literally, a tank - or other cool things like mech suits, rocket launchers, can also use ranged weapons (Hey, not just 3 weapon-types exclusive for the one class!) tasers, lasers, grenades, canons, mines, rocketpacks, blade-bots, medical needle guns, healing potion injectors, absolutely tonnes of cool ideas.
    Sure, but they added such a class, they'd have to remove engineering entirely. Doing so would likely cause some ... frustration from engineers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post

Engineering is a profession, I wouldn't count that as a class in the same way as Necromancer = DKs.

I mean, a tinker would use bombs... rocket boots... shrink rays .... What else uses all those gadgets? -- Only viable way to add such a thing, is to remove engineering, and just make it a class, but that would result in a lot of engineers being rather unhappy that their profession is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Necromancer has the highest chance of happening, based on comments Blizzard has already made.

- - - Updated - - -

We also had Demonology, look how that turned out.
    ? It is a master of demons, and it does exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I don't care as long as it's either Tinker or Necromancer. Nothing gay like Bard, lol.
    Gay or not, bards are cool!

Would rather just not have a new class.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doomsayer. The end is near, I tell ya.

They could add another specialization to the classes we already have. Honestly Shadowhunters should become part of the hunter tree, should have been there from the beginning. Spellbreakers should have been in the warrior tree. It would have given warriors a tank spec that handles magic damage better, should have been added in Burning Crusade.

Unpopular opinion... As cool as I think Tinkerers would be, they have no real place in the game. The best example of this style class is Mekkatorque (however it is spelled) and he is the leader of the Gnomes. Goblin leader had a sort of similar suit as well, but again this is the leader of the Goblins. How can we explain all these people running around in "battle bots" that have no real way to afford them. The only other tinkerer in the game is a boss in a vanilla dungeon, he is just a goblin who throws bombs and drops a gun.

Necromancers, at least the way everyone thinks of them, could easily be added as another Warlock class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Doomsayer. The end is near, I tell ya.
    I would give blizzard actually credit for that. Something as meta as that would be hillarious .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-06-10 at 09:33 PM.

there's no need for any new classes for at least 2 expansions

but it'd have to be a ranged spec

Deleted
    I want tinker, but i want it only if its a ranged DPS. No more melee please!

Dark ranger is something i would like to see based on Sylvanas and Genn in Heroes, but given how worgen form makes Genn work i dunno. I guess just some bloody rage "form" could be used for everyone. I think theres potencial there if we were to have an expansion featuring those 2.

Otherwise, the game is missing Tinkers. It's time for gnomes and goblins to shine. Machinary can't be corrupted so they are ideal to fight the old gods.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-11 at 12:21 AM.

Tinker is the obvious choice, and probably the next class to be introduced. Necromancer.....I just dont see it, not to say it cant happen....maybe as a 4th spec for DK's.

Bard......uh....how many Bards is World of Warcraft Lore?.....anyone?

Tinker and necromancers are both fine for me. Tinkers maybe more so because they can pull off some really cool stuff with the use of mechs, where they can turn into an actual tank to... tank. They can also have these healing suits like the ones in Starcraft. The only downside with tinkers are the lack of lore with no real backstory, and its theme may not be in good taste for a lot of people.

Necromancers are an ideal class if they release another undead expansion. Thematically they are very cool and they are a huge part in lore as being one of the most sinister casters. Its downside is that unhoy death knights have a lot of the necromancers abilities already, even using undeads as as pet and being able to raise them as an army.

Not even sure what to think of bards. We only have a few of them in WoW and they aren't exactly fighters, let alone that they can make enough room for a couple of its own specs.

I also like the idea of a dark ranger, having another melee ranged spec like hunters that also uses dark magic.

Deleted
    I would rather have a new race, but if i have to choose i'd go with Necromancer.

I had an idea posted on the general forums and it got a good reception. The Dragonsworn class.

Link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2465879#post-1

Paste of first post:

Being there are only three dragon aspects still alive, it would fit to have a new class dedicated to serving the aspects. One aspect for each spec.

Nozdormu: ranged caster using mastery of space/time. Effects like telekinesis, gravity, calling down comets, summoning popular and power entities from the past as temporary pets, a spell that rewinds time, removing the last healing effect an enemy just received, etc. This may tie into Arcane mage a bit, but I don't see a problem with a little crossover, like fire mages and destro warlocks.

Alexstrasza: ranged healing. Seems pretty self explanatory and logical, with her being the life binder and all.

Kalecgos: melee arcane knight (tank). I know I've been dying to play a battle mage. Summons arcane armor, uses arcane weapons and shields, etc.

And of course, it would make sense for them to wear mail. Dragonscale and all.

From another page:

I keep imagining the Life Binder spec, transforming into a dragon for raid wide healing. Maybe they can be the first healing class with a permanent dragonling pet that helps heal, like scholars in FF14. Since they're a life binder, perhaps they can drain life force from enemies and redistribute it to allies or themselves.

Or the cool temporal effects for chronomancy. Imagine opening a portal through time, and Varian Wrynn heroically leaps through to stomp on the target area, cleaving foes with his swords, and attacking nearby foes for 30 seconds on a three minute cooldown. And there could be a bunch of time rift attacks like that, all sorts of different characters from wows past. How about a spell that ages the target, damage done as a dot that gets stronger the longer it ticks.

Or summoning a full set of glowing arcane armor around you, with a shield and blade. Maybe two types of armor, one doing more damage and the other more defense. You have a siphon magic resource that pulls etheric energy from your enemies with every magical attack, which you can build up and unleash either offensively or defensively. They can get a teleport gap closer, even have a type of mirror image which creates a clone of yourself that taunts the enemy or something. Maybe you can conjure different weapons for different effects.
    Last edited by Florida Man; 2017-06-11 at 12:24 AM.