Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/News

Your "heirloom media" are two of the top three english language "news websites" on the internet, if you include Reddit which is #1.

Evidently people really do give a shit.
    msm outlets buying clicks from china.jpg

Popularity isn't everything it's cracked up to be, just ask your girl Hillary. .05 has been added to your account, even though the campaign is over.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Trump is such a child. "YOU REPORT FACT I DON'T LIKE. ME PUT YOU IN BACK AND CALL YOU FAKE NEWS"

God I can't wait until this guy gets impeached. It'd idiots like him that make it so real conservatives can't get anything done or be taken seriously. He has destroyed the ideology and it'll take years to repair.
    Conservatives and or Republicans have been pretty fucked already. Trump is just following a similar plan that they like.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You want to get through to them and maybe help out yet you couldn't resist to throw insults in.
    Who said anything about winning them over? Donald Trump is at some level, an ongoing test of individual Americans principles. If Americans have to be cajoled or "won over" to do what should be right and obvious in the most basic sense, then the problem is right their visible to us: the democratic (small d) and good governance cred of many Americans is rather flimsy, to say the least.

I'll say again... put aside Trump-Russia. Why is Jared Kuschner and Ivanka Trump working from the West wing? How is that acceptable? How is it acceptable Trump didn't release his tax returns? How is it acceptable he doesn't free himself of all his conflicts of interest? How is it acceptable he threatens people on twitter, or from the podium? How is it acceptable he says things that patently are not true (e.g 'money is pouring in to NATO, like it's some kind of bank account).

In a world where Trump-Russia never was a thing, these discrete things which have happened SINCE election day would destroy Trump's legitimacy as President, because the standards that Presidents of the United States should be held to should be high ones. A+ ones. Not C- or D+ ones.

Life experience makes people view things like that. I'm a person of high standards. I hold others to high standards. But then again I suppose it's not surprising hunting camo wearing deplorables don't think like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'd rather have them sit at the back than sit outside.

Now, I do have to say that I wonder something.

What if their presence was held under a public vote?

What I mean by this is, if CNN and NYT had their rights to be at a Press Conference put in play in the same way of an electoral vote, who do you think would win?

Now, this is purely conjecture and theoretical ramblings. While I would personally be in favor to keep CNN and NYT on their respective duty, would they survive a nation vote?
    Of course they would. Those who paint them as fake or whatever news are a minority.
    There's a big misconception going on..
    Fox News is the leading CABLE news network. Not The leading news outlet as such though.
    Not even on TV is Fox News the most watched news, as far as I know that's either ABC News or NBC News. One of the two.
    The nationally and internationally highest regarded journalists do not work for Fox N.
    Fox News is by its very nature a biased outlet. It was created as such, to give the Republican party an outlet.
    That by itself is what's comical. All the attacks on the likes of the NYT, or even CNN (which is the number 1 news network in the world), and yet the same people screaming bias love Fox and think it's unbiased news because they don't know why it even exists.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

If I was Trump, and CNN and the NYT was printing all this fake news on me after worshiping Obama for eight years, I would give them no access at all until they both ran a story for a week detailing all the fake news stories they'd written, and a comparison of their bias toward Obama and against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Standards in politics... They should be thanking Trump for saving their gutless party.
    A party or political movement without ethical standards (and high standards in general) has legitimately zero points.

It ceases to be a political movement and becomes a mob.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post

Popularity isn't everything it's cracked up to be, just ask your girl Hillary. .05 has been added to your account, even though the campaign is over.
    Uh-huh.

Mueller is still going to take your President from you.

Deleted

It is in the media world. It is literally what they earn their money on and also are held accountable for in regards to their shareholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I don't care about this, the screwed up part is when Trump brings in conservative talk show radio host into the press briefing via skype, how many liberal talk show host have been included?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/1...non-reporters/

It's made the press briefing a bigger clown show then they need to be. Look praise from the media. Is basically what their doing, and they act like no one can see it.
    I remember back during his first press conference they skyped in some right libertarian nut job.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN and New York Times got busted for printing fake news on live TV during Comey's testimony and they still have yet to print a retraction or apology. They should be happy they are still allowed in at press conferences at all.

Trump is such a child. "YOU REPORT FACT I DON'T LIKE. ME PUT YOU IN BACK AND CALL YOU FAKE NEWS"

God I can't wait until this guy gets impeached. It'd idiots like him that make it so real conservatives can't get anything done or be taken seriously. He has destroyed the ideology and it'll take years to repair.
    "Facts." Keep hoping he gets impeached. Still no evidence which has been stated by many on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It is in the media world. It is literally what they earn their money on and also are held accountable for in regards to their shareholder.
    Looking and laughing. CNN has lied itself to death in the eyes of many.
    Working on my next ban.

A party or political movement without ethical standards (and high standards in general) has legitimately zero points.

It ceases to be a political movement and becomes a mob.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh-huh.

Mueller is still going to take your President from you.
    Yeah who knows I do hear he is a good friend of Comey.

Who said anything about winning them over? Donald Trump is at some level, an ongoing test of individual Americans principles. If Americans have to be cajoled or "won over" to do what should be right and obvious in the most basic sense, then the problem is right their visible to us: the democratic (small d) and good governance cred of many Americans is rather flimsy, to say the least.

I'll say again... put aside Trump-Russia. Why is Jared Kuschner and Ivanka Trump working from the West wing? How is that acceptable? How is it acceptable Trump didn't release his tax returns? How is it acceptable he doesn't free himself of all his conflicts of interest? How is it acceptable he threatens people on twitter, or from the podium? How is it acceptable he says things that patently are not true (e.g 'money is pouring in to NATO, like it's some kind of bank account).

In a world where Trump-Russia never was a thing, these discrete things which have happened SINCE election day would destroy Trump's legitimacy as President, because the standards that Presidents of the United States should be held to should be high ones. A+ ones. Not C- or D+ ones.

Life experience makes people view things like that. I'm a person of high standards. I hold others to high standards. But then again I suppose it's not surprising hunting camo wearing deplorables don't think like that.
    Honestly,

People voted Trump because of the bold part. You can't go a single post without tearing someone down. The answer to most of your points above? He doesn't have to be concerned with the demands of the media. If he was breaking the law, the Democrats would have started the impeachment process yesterday. The fact that they have nothing to move on despite 24/7 negative coverage should be telling.

I don't wear camo, I'm not a country bloke, and I'm decently educated (B.S. working in management), and I like what he's doing for me, my paycheck, and to shut down the garbage that you're spewing that is equally, if not more toxic than anything that he's said in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    "Facts." Keep hoping he gets impeached. Still no evidence which has been stated by many on both sides.
    The russian smoking gun is coming man, trust my anonymous sources!

-CNN
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    Looking and laughing. CNN has lied itself to death in the eyes of many.
    True, but that doesn't matter in the world of business.

I mean, we are on a gaming website, we are probably one of the best examples of companies blowing good relations with their customers faster than they can quick scope people.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    How is that list sorted though? Looking at that list it isn't sorted by any of the listed categories. For instance While Reddit is #1 for daily time on site, the Drudge Report is #2 for daily time on site, but is put in the #24 slot. Page views per visitor, #2 is news.google.com. On those categories, cnn/nyt is around 10-12 range. A randomly sorted site, only means so much. When looked closer, you see that your webiste proves that the heirloom media is actually middle, lower end of the pack, and that it's the others that are higher in the categories that count.
    That was just Alexa. Othe reasearch broadly corresponds to that data:

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/news-websites

I mean conservatives that actually want to push conservative agendas...you know, like giving more rights to the states (Trump's administration wants to crack down on state regulation of cannabis), allowing the free market to determine winners and losers (instead of trying to save coal, a dying industry), fighting for fair economic treatment in the world (instead of caving into China and saying, "you know actually they aren't currency manipulators)...and most of all, BEING A PATRIOT AND NOT A PAID OFF RUSSIAN CRONY.
    Yes but I can tell you right now, most of the so called conservatives on here, are at best what many would call neo-conservatives and steer pretty far from such values.

There is so many camps now within "conservatism" that it's really hard to define what being a "conservative" truthfully means anymore. Similar issue with liberals. If we were to go by the "classical" sense of what a liberal was, there is so few today who actually embody that and I can tell you most if not all of them are no longer on or ever were part of what constitutes as the "left" as it is currently.

So this is why I'm baffled when anyone uses the term "real" as if it is truly a defining thing, you know?

I mean conservatives that actually want to push conservative agendas...you know, like giving more rights to the states (Trump's administration wants to crack down on state regulation of cannabis), allowing the free market to determine winners and losers (instead of trying to save coal, a dying industry), fighting for fair economic treatment in the world (instead of caving into China and saying, "you know actually they aren't currency manipulators)...and most of all, BEING A PATRIOT AND NOT A PAID OFF RUSSIAN CRONY.
    Debunked by Comey, man. Most of your points don't actually make sense.

Triggered? Maybe in the sense I like the office of Reagan, Eisenhower, FDR and Lincoln to not act like the President of a Latin American banana republic. Maybe because I hold my Presidents to a higher standard than your obviously non-existent ones?

The fun part is @Supertony, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. You're smarter than this. "Backrowing" CNN and the Times doesn't change the fact that Trump's political capital is non-existent. it doesn't change the fact that his own party regards him as incompetent and incapable and broadly, he is thought of by the American people as a liar. It doesn't change the fact that he and members of his administration are in significant legal peril.

Trump is President. But he has the barest outlines of an agenda, and even that is ignored by hill Republicans, who can't even agree what their party agenda is.

Which leads me to of course, the obvious question: what's the goddamn point? The point of being in government is to govern, correct?

Well Trump can do nothing that he wants.
    Congress can't agree what they even want in the most fundamental way.

So when does the government start, ya know, governing?

The answer is, the lights will say on, but the Trump Administration is all but over in terms of ability to set and press an agenda. And "backrowing" CNN and the Times just illustrates how limited their reach is.
    i'll explain myself because I hold you in tremendous regard.

1. I don't necessarily like Trump, I find him uncouth, disrespectful, and ill tempered. However, I try to show a moderate respect for the office and the position, so I try to evaluate things he is doing by policy instead of by personality. For example, Nixon might have acted like an ass, but he was also a tremendously effective president.

Some of the things he does I agree with and others I don't.

2. CNN, NYT.....goes out of there way to publish bullshit stories about him that show a obvious, huge, bias against him. For example, CNN really reported, and complained, about trump having 2 scoops of ice cream instead of 1 like everyone else.

Who gives a shit.

The press, from all angles, haven't remained objective. Additionally, given the evidence that CNN attempted to assist the Hillary campaign during the election, they are lucky to have a seat at the press table at all.

I love my country, but the levels of tribalism have gotten out of control, I don't see it getting better anytime soon either. If this forum is any indication of how we are getting along in this country, as a whole, we are truly fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont get it twisted. Their may be a handful of differences but theirs very little day light between trump and so called genuine conservatives. In point of fact so called genuine conservatives will be happy to ride trumps ass for tax cuts for the wealthy and spending cuts for the rest while claiming he aint a conservative!! Nah sorry no day light. The man who eats meat is brother to the butcher. Conservatives own trump.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.