Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    I would rather have a new race, but if i have to choose i'd go with Necromancer.
    It's possible to have both. Happened with mists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    I had an idea posted on the general forums and it got a good reception. The Dragonsworn class.

Link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2465879#post-1

Paste of first post:

Being there are only three dragon aspects still alive, it would fit to have a new class dedicated to serving the aspects. One aspect for each spec.

Nozdormu: ranged caster using mastery of space/time. Effects like telekinesis, gravity, calling down comets, summoning popular and power entities from the past as temporary pets, a spell that rewinds time, removing the last healing effect an enemy just received, etc. This may tie into Arcane mage a bit, but I don't see a problem with a little crossover, like fire mages and destro warlocks.

Alexstrasza: ranged healing. Seems pretty self explanatory and logical, with her being the life binder and all.

Kalecgos: melee arcane knight (tank). I know I've been dying to play a battle mage. Summons arcane armor, uses arcane weapons and shields, etc.

And of course, it would make sense for them to wear mail. Dragonscale and all.
    There could be a caster spec as seen by Chromi in HotS. But the other 2 specs don't really fit. Not saying it couldn't happen eventually. It's an idea, but i think that theres other classes that would make more sense. Also, what sort of story would this fit? Maybe a titan based expansion? They seem to be dead so i dunno how we could make this work. :/

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    How can we explain all these people running around in "battle bots" that have no real way to afford them.
    The same way we have people running around with the Ashbringer: quests. Heck, before Kezan was covered with lava, the goblin PC was a millionaire. They could just say in the opening quests you used to be the head tinkerer for Someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    So we got Demon Hunters, and it turned out to be another leather melee class. After DKs, Monks, and DHs (and Survival changing to melee) people are clamoring for a new ranged class. Others say that the class should be mail, since only Shaman and Hunters can use the armor type.

So, the question is what class should be next? Here are the three leading candidates:

Tinker: Gnome and Goblins using machinery and advanced technology to fight enemies.

Necromancer: Sinister spell-casters that use the dead to defeat their foes.

Bard: Talented musician who uses the power of song and music to buff up their allies.

Which one do you think will be the next class?
    Necromancer (only major overlap with DK is with Unholy and their raise dead/army of dead, and corpse explosion/death & decay from unholy).

While I'm not a fan of the idea, I could also see them added Tinker since it would follow a similar model as the DH.

Really, though, I don't think we really need another class.

Necromancers might be a thing in the future, but tinker is probably next.

I'd make one in a heartbeat if it has a tanking spec where you use a mechsuit like Mekkatorque's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Brewmaster was also part of the game's campaign (a secret, but still a part) not to mention in vanilla wow's barren quests.
    Which doesn't change the fact that there was a WC3 Tinker hero, and that there's several examples of Goblins and Gnomes piloting mechs in WoW just like the WC3 (and HotS) Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which doesn't change the fact that there was a WC3 Tinker hero,
    Which is meaningless thanks to the fact it's non-canon because it never appeared in any of the WC3 campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I don't care as long as it's either Tinker or Necromancer. Nothing gay like Bard, lol.
    Bard it is then. Only Pandaren are allowed to be Bards, just for you.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Bard is the only one that makes sense. Necros already exist as DKs, and a Tinker is the engineering profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why do you gotta be so dishonest, Teriz? At no point whatsoever, any one has said "hey, see this priest spell, 'hymn'? Let's make a class out of it."
    So we're no longer basing the Bard class concept on Russell Brower; a homage to Blizzard's composer who uses a derivative of a Priest spell?

And neither the priest's nor the monk's themes are about singing. One is about the gods, the other is martial arts.
    Priests sing hymns for the gods, and one of the Monk celestials use singing to heal.

I'm starting to see the problem, here: when you put an idea in your head, said idea becomes 'holy truth' and any deviation or, god forbid, counter to said idea becomes instant heresy. It's not a fact that a tech class will have a mech. Hell, it's not even guaranteed. Another example is this fixed idea that you have that Bards can only be 'buff-bots' and nothing else.
    Whenever Blizzard creates a class, they utilize their personal spin, but they also use the classic archetype of the class (unless it's a uniquely Blizzard class like Demon HUnters). For example, Monks had a healing spec. A monk being able to heal is a classic aspect of the RPG Monk class.

If Blizzard implemented Bards, their core aspect of being huff bits would have to be a part of their class. Which gives you another reason why you're unlikely to see them appear as a class.

Holy paladins and holy priests. Destruction warlocks and fire mages. Heroism and Timewarp. Battle-rez abilities for DKs and Warlocks. Your argument is invalid.
    We're debating about adding a class, not adding a spec.

Monks and DKs had little to no "identities" to pull from. The Arthas' hero in WC3, for example, despite being a melee, was a glass cannon. And the monk had no healing or tanking identities in Warcraft to begin with.
    Again, Blizzard combined their unique spin with the classic tropes of both classes.

Just as much as DKs and Monks, there is.
    We had Pandaren Brewmasters and DK heroes along with DK bosses in Naxx and several Monk enemies throughout WoW....

Where's the Bards?

The various tech gadget abilities the class has disagrees. Yeah, funny. Priest having a single music spell prevents the bard from existing, but the hunter possessing several tech abilities somehow doesn't prevent the tech class from existing. Double-standard more than confirmed.
    Yes because we can differentiate the Tinker piloting a mech from a survival Hunter tossing a grenade. WoW itself gives us that distinction. In WoW Hymns are no different than what you find throughout the priest class.

Deleted
    We have seen a new class every second expansion. So we won't get a new one next expansion, but we will get one in the next one again.

So we're no longer basing the Bard class concept on Russell Brower; a homage to Blizzard's composer who uses a derivative of a Priest spell?
    Looks like dishonesty is the name of the game for you, here. At no point we said the bard is based on that NPC. It's based on the RPG bard trope, and Russel Brower was simply cited as one of the examples within the game.

(P.S.: Being a homage or not is completely irrelevant, by the way.)

Priests sing hymns for the gods, and one of the Monk celestials use singing to heal.
    And the hunter uses tech abilities to kill enemies. Check-mate.

Whenever Blizzard creates a class, they utilize their personal spin, but they also use the classic archetype of the class (unless it's a uniquely Blizzard class like Demon HUnters). For example, Monks had a healing spec. A monk being able to heal is a classic aspect of the RPG Monk class.

If Blizzard implemented Bards, their core aspect of being huff bits would have to be a part of their class. Which gives you another reason why you're unlikely to see them appear as a class.
    A) Their core aspect is not being a 'buff-bot'. This is a falsehood you keep propagating because you can use it against the class idea;
    B) No, it would not. Again, this is another falsehood of yours.

We're debating about adding a class, not adding a spec.
    We're talking design space. And the existence of holy priests did not affect the design space of holy paladins in any way. So your argument becomes moot.

We had Pandaren Brewmasters and DK heroes along with DK bosses in Naxx and several Monk enemies throughout WoW....
    No monk pre-MoP healed. And no examples of tanks existed.

Where's the Bards?
    Examples were given.

Yes because we can differentiate the Tinker piloting a mech from a survival Hunter tossing a grenade.
    And we would have a distinction between a priest hymning and a bard singing a spell.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-06-11 at 02:05 AM.

Which one should be next? I think Tinker because it's a wide open gap and Gnomes and Goblins can get some love, especially after seeing their potential through Mekkatorque. Seeing how DH were designed in Legion, I hope to see that kind of design get carried over in having a 'lite' class with 2 specs, mainly tanking and DPS. Healing would be cool too but at this point I think keeping a low imprint on overall specs makes it more likely for new classes to get added without heavily impacting current balance or development requirements like creating more accessible armor/stat combos, balance and creating more weapons/tier sets for a heal specific set.

What I'd like to see, however, is the Shadow Stalker concept from Dark Prophet. The idea of mixing Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter under a troll themed voodoo ranger is very appealing. It distances itself from Death Knights by having the dark spirits/voodoo hook, and it uses different spirit magic from Shamans since it deals with Loas. Witchdoctors are very iconic to Warcraft, and they haven't had much cultural representation through Priest or Shaman classes. A dark voodoo master would fit very well with all the other classes.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I don't see them ever adding a Necromancer class to WoW. They have baked in too many of the abilities, ideas, and aesthetics into the Warlock and Death Knight classes already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard too hard to pull off in this era of WoW.

Necromancer is a DK/Warlock Knockoff at THIS point in time.

Tinker is too weird, but maybe possible.

I'd like WARDEN. Now that'd be awesome. It would use MAIL as an armor type filling the hole, it would have a ranged spec, melee spec and a tank spec. NIIIIIICE.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Which one should be next? I think Tinker because it's a wide open gap and Gnomes and Goblins can get some love, especially after seeing their potential through Mekkatorque. Seeing how DH were designed in Legion, I hope to see that kind of design get carried over in having a 'lite' class with 2 specs, mainly tanking and DPS. Healing would be cool too but at this point I think keeping a low imprint on overall specs makes it more likely for new classes to get added without heavily impacting current balance or development requirements like creating more accessible armor/stat combos, balance and creating more weapons/tier sets for a heal specific set.

What I'd like to see, however, is the Shadow Stalker concept from Dark Prophet. The idea of mixing Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter under a troll themed voodoo ranger is very appealing. It distances itself from Death Knights by having the dark spirits/voodoo hook, and it uses different spirit magic from Shamans since it deals with Loas. Witchdoctors are very iconic to Warcraft, and they haven't had much cultural representation through Priest or Shaman classes. A dark voodoo master would fit very well with all the other classes.
    While that sounds cool, I think it would end up being too similar to a shadowpriest/shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    While that sounds cool, I think it would end up being too similar to a shadowpriest/shaman.
    Possibly Shadow Priest, but I think they'd be primarily physical weapon ranged dps with dark spell hooks, not drect casters the way a Shadow Priest or Ele shaman would be. Perhaps it'd be like a ranged enh shaman with a voodoo-based kit, debuffing their enemies and dotting them up for utlility, and finishing them off with exotic ranged weaponry abilities (Javelins, Shadow Daggers, Throwing Axes, Guillotines)
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Bard too hard to pull off in this era of WoW.
    How so? It's so easy to pull off. It's such a versatile concept, it lends itself easily to WoW's 'trinity' of class system. A bard trope can heal, cast spells, and use a variety of both ranged and melee weapons.

Whatever it is, it needs to be ranged :P
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker in my opinion is the logic choice with a titan related expansion. Seeing all the tech Titans used it would be awesome. Something like we discover some old Titan tech/blueprints and give them to goblins and gnomes to study and reproduce.

Bard would be great for a south-sea expansion. Could be some kind of pirate related theme to it too. There's plenty of ways they could make them work, one would be like Sona in League of Legend, when you cast a spell it affect your partners around you. Mix between disc priest(damage to heal allies) / Holy paly(beacons/aura). Dps spec could still be a buffer type and work in wow too. Disc priest were always more a support healing spec in raids than a main healer, they could introduce a support damage class, you do less damage but you boost your raid. Would be hard to balance but it would be different.

Necromancer would fit if we have some kind of Wrath 2.0 expansion. It could be a good way of introducing a blood related class. Blood mage / Skeletons summons / Bone spells. And it is different than a DK, DK are in plate and swing huge axes/swords, same difference between priest/paladin.
    inb4 too similar to D3 necromancer : so what it's a really great theme and all themes already in wow in some npcs

But i'd prefer a class related to Dragons. Ever since Occulus in Wrath i had to idea of a class representing different aspects (like the dragons you ride in the dungeon)
    We are a direct descendant from a Dragon but somehow we can't fully take our dragon form (blood link being too thin or something) but we are still able to call forth some dragon power within us. Red dragonflight : tank fire theme, Bronze dragonflight : spellcaster dps time related, Green : healer (nature related but would need something different than Druids)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Looks like dishonesty is the name of the game for you, here. At no point we said the bard is based on that NPC. It's based on the RPG bard trope, and Russel Brower was simply cited as one of the examples within the game.
    Then what character are we basing this class on? WoW expansion classes tend to need that.

And the hunter uses tech abilities to kill enemies. Check-mate.
    You mean grenades, which isn't what the Tinker concept hinges upon. We can have zero grenade abilities in The Tinker class and it still works just fine. The Bard concept hinges entirely on music, which is exactly what Hymn and Song of Chi-ji is. Without music spells, you got no Bard.

A) Their core aspect is not being a 'buff-bot'. This is a falsehood you keep propagating because you can use it against the class idea;
    B) No, it would not. Again, this is another falsehood of yours.
    Then how woukd they play? A Hunter that uses generic healing spells? Bards are known as buff bots for a reason.

We're talking design space. And the existence of holy priests did not affect the design space of holy paladins in any way. So your argument becomes invalid
    Because those are just specs, not the entire class.

No monk pre-MoP healed. And no examples of tanks existed.
    Didn't need to. The Monk archetype itself covered those aspects. In other words, when you bring a Monk class into a RPG people expect it to be tanky and have healing attributes.

Just like people expect Bards to be buff bots.

Examples were given.
    Didn't you just say that we're not using Russell as an example?

And we would have a distinction between a priest hymning and a bard singing a spell.
    How?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-06-11 at 03:36 AM.