Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gaming your legendary 7.2.5

OK, so this should work to get some of you a leggo ring but it's going to be one hell of a gamble.

Save up 1,000 Legionfall resources.

Once 7.2.5 hits go cash them all in.

Swap to a spec you have NEVER USED.

This will give you the highest amount of Bad Luck Protection possible and greatly increase the chance of picking up a legendary. Your BLP doesn't really reset until after you score 2 so you can set your loot spec to healing/tanking/off-dps too and hit the mythic+ circuit, LFR, world bosses and even regular raids and world quests. Then once you have 2 swap to your 3rd spec if you've never touched it to hopefully score again.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Now let's hear everyone scream at me about how I'm wrong. :-)

Didnt they say those new legendaries wasnt gonna drop from that?

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Didnt they say those new legendaries wasnt gonna drop from that?
    That was just shards, wasn't it?

I wonder if I spec Disc since I have every Shadow legendary and then set my loot specialization to Shadow. Will this work? Does the BLP actually apply or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not 100 percent sure

Maybe i misread what blizz said

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    OK, so this should work to get some of you a leggo ring but it's going to be one hell of a gamble.

Save up 1,000 Legionfall resources.

Once 7.2.5 hits go cash them all in.

Swap to a spec you have NEVER USED.

This will give you the highest amount of Bad Luck Protection possible and greatly increase the chance of picking up a legendary. Your BLP doesn't really reset until after you score 2 so you can set your loot spec to healing/tanking/off-dps too and hit the mythic+ circuit, LFR, world bosses and even regular raids and world quests. Then once you have 2 swap to your 3rd spec if you've never touched it to hopefully score again.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Now let's hear everyone scream at me about how I'm wrong. :-)
    Why on earth would you force 1-2 legendaries on a "SPEC YOU NEVER USED" and just waste chances of getting what you really want? Just stick to your prefered spec and roll with it. this just seems absurd.

In regards of hoarding supplies and emissary caches? That makes sense, go at it.

But hey, nice tip "Do the regular M+s, LFR, world bosses, etc". Nice 'gaming' there!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why on earth would you force 1-2 legendaries on a "SPEC YOU NEVER USED" and just waste chances of getting what you really want? Just stick to your prefered spec and roll with it. this just seems absurd.

In regards of hoarding supplies and emissary caches? That makes sense, go at it.

But hey, nice tip "Do the regular M+s, LFR, world bosses, etc". Nice 'gaming' there!
    It's about getting the legendary ring specifically which falls under the category of "utility" legendaries, so it can drop for any spec.

I also said it's a gamble and about trying to push two to four legendaries - depending on how many legendaries you already have for non-primary specs.

Also BLP is spec specific, so you don't "lose" those chances with the exception of gaining a utility legendary.

It's unfortunate that you don't know how the system works, but hopefully this has all cleared that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yes, that only applies to shards. The caches are clear.

Also save your reputation cache quests (Do not hand in the quest, as soon as the cache is in your bags, it won't have a chance to get you new legendaries)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmanx View Post
    I wonder if I spec Disc since I have every Shadow legendary and then set my loot specialization to Shadow. Will this work? Does the BLP actually apply or no?
    No, BLP is spec specific. So you'd have to set your loot spec to Disc and just kinda hope, where it's problematic though is if you already have any of the utility legendaries as those would eat up one of your fast-gain spots.

Your first two legendaries gain BLP faster than every following legendary. So if you have Sephuz and Prydaz then you're kinda hosed and should just stay in Shadow for any loot spec since the only legendaries left would be the ring and possibly another priest legendary that I don't know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Haven't they said that the caches loot is already decided when you receive the item so there's no point in hoarding caches for the new legiondaries with the patch cycles?

There's no real way to game the new legiondaries unless you already have all the current ones for your spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Haven't they said that the caches loot is already decided when you receive the item so there's no point in hoarding caches for the new legiondaries with the patch cycles?

There's no real way to game the new legiondaries unless you already have all the current ones for your spec.
    They did but this was proven incorrect last time they introduced new legendaries with a patch. People received them from emmisary chests so it's up to you whether you hoard them or not. It may have been fixed now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They did but this was proven incorrect last time they introduced new legendaries with a patch. People received them from emmisary chests so it's up to you whether you hoard them or not. It may have been fixed now.
    They changed it shortly after that patch hit, I believe it was the next day or so.

Weekly m+ cache immediately (for the quest to upgrade legendaries)
    1000 war supplies
    3 emissary dailies banked up
    save up emissary boxes if you want/to gamble if its worth anything
    Get paragon boxes but don't hand in quest to receive box
    Save nethershards for mythic ToS opening so new tf levels

Rumour has it BLP resets on patch, im unsure, but i hope not, with BLP banked up for 2 months (got all 10 legendaries)
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

I got no spec legos for my offspec, only got shared legos while trying to get one for that spec.
    Is my BLP high on offspec or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post

The caches you have looted yes, but if you have the supplies and don't spend them, or the rep quests you haven't handed in yet, the chest isn't generated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    I got no spec legos for my offspec, only got shared legos while trying to get one for that spec.
    Is my BLP high on offspec or what?
    Probably not. Your highest level of BLP comes from a spec you haven't played and from not having any legendaries for that spec. If you have ANY utility legendaries it'll cut into that BLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Probably not. Your highest level of BLP comes from a spec you haven't played and from not having any legendaries for that spec. If you have ANY utility legendaries it'll cut into that BLP.
    Ok, thanks. I'll stick to main spec cause I fucked up my main legos by trying to get some for offspec and got only shit ones or utility...

if your goal is specifically to get the new ring you're likely better off rolling as whatever spec already has the most legendaries; obviously better odds there than rolling out of 12+ available to a spec which has none

also, who still has a spec they've never used :rotate:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Ok, thanks. I'll stick to main spec cause I fucked up my main legos by trying to get some for offspec and got only shit ones or utility...
    Sorry to give you bad news. :-(

And you really didn't screw anything up, it's just that RNG is a bitch. Keep playing as normal and those orange beauties will come your way sooner or later it's just a pain to see stuff come down the pipe that you know is BiS but requires the heaviest time sink.

also since 7.2 your bad luck protection has been based only on how many chances you've had in a particular spec since the last time you rolled a legendary in that spec; number of utility or cross-spec legendaries is irrelevant