Poll: When do you think Blizzard will announce the next WoW Expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Is it though? The forums are filled with complaints now, just like during WoD.
    I get the feeling you might like Legion better but that does not mean all players do.
    I wouldnt give a rats-ass about forum complaints. This forum is a messy cess-pit just as well. Without subscription numbers during earnings calls, everything is just speculation. I think Legion is doing a great job, I just hope they dont upscale the World Quest or Legendary system anymore.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Gamescon will likely get big infos on Argus. The other Blizzard games will probably get new content announcements too. Maybe they will do something about Destiny 2 as well.

Blizzcon will handle stuff like major expansions/new games.
    So... you think 7.3 won't go on the PTR for a few months? Cause that's the only thing throwing a wrench on that theory wich i shared aswell, but am wondering now. If Blizz keeps the same pace they have in Legion 7.3 will be on the PTR in the next few weeks. There will be no info to reveal on it. A trailer at best.

There is a blank slot with their RTS team.

I think they are gonna do a Diablo RTS.

They already have Warcraft lore going on with WoW and having 2 different sources of lore (with Warcraft 4) could be confusing (not to everyone, but to the mainstream)

Starcraft 2 is in a good spot, no real need for a new Starcraft RTS for a while.

WoW devs used a lot of Diablos spells and ideas in Legion with no word on any new expansion or real content. Kind of like the team said "here is this stuff, we don't need it anymore"

It's creatively a challenge, a chance to do a different kind of rts (without certain expectations), and gives an opportunity to flesh out the Diablo universe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    What I expect.

Hearthstone expansion announcement (Which will likely release Sept/Oct)
    Announcement for next Heroes map release, next 3-4 hero releases (Which will cover up to Blizzcon)
    Possibly next SC mini-campaign (Revolving around Zagara, Alarak, or Dehaka). If not that, then next SC Co-op commander (Dehaka is most likely)

Overwatch hero annoucement.

WoW - 7.3 shit. Any expansion announcements will take place at Blizzcon.

At Blizzcon, more SC shit (Skins, and either mini-campaign or co-op commander, depending on whats announced at Gamescon), Diablo things (Depending on how well the Necromancer DLC sells, more D3 DLC shit.), Heroes things (Warcraft event, likely with Kel'Thuzad, Mekkatorque, and a WC Demon hero), Overwatch thing (Next seasonal event, maps, maybe hero). Possible WoW expansion. Another Remastered, either Diablo 2 or WC3. Finally, the announcement of whatever new game they have been hiring for.
    That's incredibly optimistic. No way though they'll announce that much. I (we) wish ... :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    What I expect.

Hearthstone expansion announcement (Which will likely release Sept/Oct)
    Announcement for next Heroes map release, next 3-4 hero releases (Which will cover up to Blizzcon)
    Possibly next SC mini-campaign (Revolving around Zagara, Alarak, or Dehaka). If not that, then next SC Co-op commander (Dehaka is most likely)

Overwatch hero annoucement.

WoW - 7.3 shit. Any expansion announcements will take place at Blizzcon.
    That's basically blizzcon-level of reveal right there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    I wouldnt give a rats-ass about forum complaints. This forum is a messy cess-pit just as well. Without subscription numbers during earnings calls, everything is just speculation. I think Legion is doing a great job, I just hope they dont upscale the World Quest or Legendary system anymore.
    That if fine though.
    If you find Legion better thats a fact, saying that the game is doing "much better" in general is not. Get a bit annoying.

Myself, I can't really say. WoD was pretty "meh" across the board. The raids were good but thats about it.
    Legion has done quite a few things really well but it there are things in Legion that are really, really bad as well and it drags the expantion down to WoD levels in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That if fine though.
    If you find Legion better thats a fact, saying that the game is doing "much better" in general is not. Get a bit annoying.

Myself, I can't really say. WoD was pretty "meh" across the board. The raids were good but thats about it.
    Legion has done quite a few things really well but it there are things in Legion that are really, really bad as well and it drags the expantion down to WoD levels in my eyes.
    Oh believe me, when I will look back to Legion, I will think to myself: "Legion was great. And then there were the Legendaries".
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So... you think 7.3 won't go on the PTR for a few months? Cause that's the only thing throwing a wrench on that theory wich i shared aswell, but am wondering now. If Blizz keeps the same pace they have in Legion 7.3 will be on the PTR in the next few weeks. There will be no info to reveal on it. A trailer at best.
    I want to think there will be plenty of stuff coming out with Argus, so there will be enough for limited testing in the coming couple of months before Gamescom AND also stuff to show on Gamescom itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

a) They'll discuss 7.3.
    b) They'll demo 7.3.
    c) They'll announce the title of the next expansion, drop a quick synopsis, and give us the, "SYABC," for the remainder.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon this time, I think. The game isn't bleeding badly like at the same time in WoD. The gamescom announcement was a desperation move.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Blizzcon this time, I think. The game isn't bleeding badly like at the same time in WoD. The gamescom announcement was a desperation move.
    Dunno about it beeing a desperation move. It just fit the scheduale. The question is if it does fit the scheduale again.

If argus is the last raid and will come in 4-5 months and is the last raid in legion, this is the timing to announce the expansion, unless they plan to leave us dry for a year again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Gamescon will likely get big infos on Argus. The other Blizzard games will probably get new content announcements too. Maybe they will do something about Destiny 2 as well.

Blizzcon will handle stuff like major expansions/new games.
    Nah, the 7.3 PTR will likely come the week after the Tomb...

I can expect a 7.3 trailer this gamescom, however. So....