Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the time we have here is precious, every second of it. If its time for my life to end, a meteor will hit me and end it. Otherwise, I need to continue, even though it appears to be a cruelty at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I already outlined why I disagree with euthanasia. I'm not going to recap every time a new person quotes me.

Also I respect the sanctity of life and because my faith (which I have not mentioned thus far in this thread for obvious reasons) clearly outlines that euthanasia is not acceptable under any circumstance.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know I have never suffered? Furthermore, one doesn't need to have experienced excruciating pain to be able to share their opinion on this matter. In fact, experiencing pain and suffering make you less objective when decision-making. And finally, I have never said in this thread that I want other people to suffer or if other people should die or anything of that nature. I am not in power or legislating my views, and they're just that my views which is what the OP is asking for. Having such a view does not mean, regardless of how hard posters here try to tell me, I am making people suffer. lol

Whatever happened to respecting other people's views, eh?
    oh a religious person... what a fucking surprise.

It got nothing to do with you >NOTHING< if someone who is Ill and suffering wants to end it.

let this go through your Head once more

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Respecting your Opinion ? No. Because its Stoneage People like You who hold Humanity back with their cancerous Religious Beliefs
    Last edited by mmoceff7c3a265; 2017-06-11 at 02:24 AM.

Deleted
    As long as depression isn't a reason for using it.

I'm kinda disgusted, in an unsettling way, by the thought of someone just going "f**k it, I want to die".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think euthanasia should never be legal. I think it is a sign of societal collapse and rise of depravity that we are even discussing this.

If you're ill, as in suffering from physical and real pain, I feel for you and I wish you nothing more than getting better. Now, I know that recovery is not on the cards for many terminally ill people hence the terminally ill part but I still think that euthanasia is not the answer.

I wish we had stasis technology that would solve everything.
    No, you don't "feel" for them. Hence the problem. Are you afraid you would be tempted by something like euthanasia if you did actually "feel" like someone dying? Otherwise, what does it matter to you? Honest question.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I'm pro euthanasia provided certain criteria are met, mainly medically related as you suggested OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    No because I'm a firm believer that technology will fix anything in time.
    What is this fantasy of technology fixing this problem? Stasis chambers, magic medical beds that heal every injury instantly... These are modern day fantasies, and even if they someday aren't, that does jack for real people living in constant pain right now.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I think euthanasia should never be legal. I think it is a sign of societal collapse and rise of depravity that we are even discussing this.

If you're ill, as in suffering from physical and real pain, I feel for you and I wish you nothing more than getting better. Now, I know that recovery is not on the cards for many terminally ill people hence the terminally ill part but I still think that euthanasia is not the answer..
    Lets just let them live as vegetables or in horrible pain until they die from mental or physical collapse....

Would you not put down a dog whos every step was misery? This has nothing to do with societal depravity. And everything to do with admitting that sometimes enough is enough. You shouldn't have to live in pain.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Pro, Honestly anyone should be allowed to determine when they die regardless of health. My only criteria is they pass a basic mental health exam, and have their shit in order if they have family.

I do not pretend like I know what it is like to have something like that looming over my head but I just want you to know that God loves you.
    Yes he does.
    And he's given us so many options to check out whenever we want to.
    Although I would prefer the assistance of a doctor myself, assuming I've got something terminal and will be tortured in those last days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hugely pro. Could not be more pro. Thankfully live where it's legal and has been for a while. No one should spend their last days suffering.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    No one should have the legal right to stop you from dying if that's what you want. It's your life, not theirs. If you want out, then that's your right.

Deleted
    Very much pro.

It's nuts that for example people that live in constant pain have to sit out their days or even commint suicide though a horrible way.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Lets just let them live as vegetables or in horrible pain until they die from mental or physical collapse....

Would you not put down a dog whos every step was misery? This has nothing to do with societal depravity. And everything to do with admitting that sometimes enough is enough. You shouldn't have to live in pain.
    Palliative care is a thing you know and I think its hilarious how people are ignoring it and going about this 'horrible' pain. Easing pain often results in death due to the gradual increase in dosage - this happens in practice everyday so Euthanasia (legalised suicide) is unnecessary. The goal isn't to kill the person, but you know damn well that giving them enough drugs to control the pain is going to result in their death. I have no problem with that.

The animal comparison to justify euthanising Humans is ridiculous please stop using it. The reason we put dogs and horses down is because of the bottom line, that is, the cost of keeping them going outweighs their usefulness so it makes no sense to keep them around. We don't do that to Humans because Human life is worth a hell lot more than the life of your pet hamster.

You people are insane.

I'll be against euthanasia and organ donation for a long, long time. Until humans can get their shit together.

If you don't think people's lives drop in value when they're organs are valuable or their condition is terminal, you're kidding yourself. We shouldn't give the people in power the ability to push the "only option" even harder.

If we wanted to speed things up like that, we might as well start culling the lame and the retarded, no? I don't agree with any of that... Mostly because I consider everyone lame and retarded and I like living with it tyvm.

Deleted
    The reason we put dogs and horses down is because of the bottom line, that is, the cost of keeping them going outweighs their usefulness so it makes no sense to keep them around.
    That is actually not true, at least not for all/most cases. The reason why we put down pets (or animals) usually is to spare them from needless suffering if there is nothing else we can do.

Palliative care is a thing you know and I think its hilarious how people are ignoring it and going about this 'horrible' pain. Easing pain often results in death due to the gradual increase in dosage - this happens in practice everyday so Euthanasia (legalised suicide) is unnecessary. The goal isn't to kill the person, but you know damn well that giving them enough drugs to control the pain is going to result in their death. I have no problem with that. The animal comparison to justify euthanising Humans is ridiculous please stop using it. The reason we put dogs and horses down is because of the bottom line, that is, the cost of keeping them going outweighs their usefulness so it makes no sense to keep them around. We don't do that to Humans because Human life is worth a hell lot more than the life of your pet hamster. You people are insane.
    No, you're the one that's insane.
    You prefer that people get tortured to death...either that, or you work in the healthcare industry and insist that money gets paid out to make that dying tortured soul linger for as long as the money keeps coming.
    Quite frankly I find you vile for such a perspective. One day your god is going to want to have a chat with you, and you won't find it pleasant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pro. Might be some regulations tied yes but generally speaking it is one person's life and it should be up to him or her to do as they please.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    In general i am pro euthanasia.

my only concern is that while today we might be able to ensure safeguards to avoid being pressured into it, in the future when a larger and larger percentage of the population will be senior citizens with larger and larger associated healthcare costs, it might not be so black and white anymore. there are already such concerns today which is why people want retirement age to go up, if that stuff ever reaches critical mass i sure can see government sponsored "support" for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    As long as depression isn't a reason for using it.

I'm kinda disgusted, in an unsettling way, by the thought of someone just going "f**k it, I want to die".
    again. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Deleted
    Absolutely pro. Suffering should never be something you're forced to live with for the sake of living. Obviously it should be regulated, not just given to people who are suicidal (do people actually think this is how it would work?) But people who have lived with disease, and suffering for years with no hope... just yes, I cannot bare to imagine one of my family or myself going through this and being provided no option to just be let go.