Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can you actually save the quests for the caches? I think I remember you getting 3 days worth of emissaries on the last patch days anyway, wouldn't they overwrite it?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Can you actually save the quests for the caches? I think I remember you getting 3 days worth of emissaries on the last patch days anyway, wouldn't they overwrite it?
    that was only on the very first patch, it never happened again after that.

you can save your emissary quests if you want; just don't hand in the previous two and you can open those caches on patch day

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    that was only on the very first patch, it never happened again after that.
    Okay. Another question: Will the new legendaries be 970 from the get go? On the PTR they sold you just the 940 version and the item level increases might not be in until the ToS patch itself. So I'm kinda wondering what level the legendaries will be and if I even want them that early .

Okay. Another question: Will the new legendaries be 970 from the get go? On the PTR they sold you just the 940 version and the item level increases might not be in until the ToS patch itself. So I'm kinda wondering what level the legendaries will be and if I even want them that early .
    Unconfirmed, last time the new legendaries started off at the old ilvl, so expect them at 940, but when the ilvl cap raises new ones will arrive as 970, but if you got them beforehand, they stay at 940.

It shouldn't take long to level up your legendaries with the new quest though, considering how many more "Emissary Cache"-like things there are now. Which will likely work to supply you essence. 2-3 a week, more if you're willing to farm harder on nether disruptors i think

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Unconfirmed, last time the new legendaries started off at the old ilvl, so expect them at 940, but when the ilvl cap raises new ones will arrive as 970, but if you got them beforehand, they stay at 940.

It shouldn't take long to level up your legendaries with the new quest though, considering how many more "Emissary Cache"-like things there are now. Which will likely work to supply you essence. 2-3 a week, more if you're willing to farm harder on nether disruptors i think
    I have like 14 of the suckers by now though, so I expect quite a while until I have them all up, especially seeing how I switch them often for the situation ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    also since 7.2 your bad luck protection has been based only on how many chances you've had in a particular spec since the last time you rolled a legendary in that spec; number of utility or cross-spec legendaries is irrelevant
    From: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...s-based-on-qa/

1) How does the above work in regards to Non-spec-based Legendaries (like Shard of the ExodarShard of the Exodar for mages, who works for all 3 specs. Does it account for ALL specs, or just the one that it was dropped on?

If a Legendary can drop for your spec, it counts. An easy way to check this is to open the Adventure Guide ingame (Shift-J by default) and click the "Loot" tab without having a dungeon or raid selected. That'll show you which Legendaries are counted for your spec.

2) Very similar to the above, how do items like Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum OpusPrydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus/Sephuz's SecretSephuz's Secret/Kil'jaeden's Burning WishKil'jaeden's Burning Wish etc work under this system? Does it count for the spec it dropped on, or for all specs?

Same as above.
    Emphasis put on the bold bit.

So again, with zero to 1 utility legendaries you can gamble a bit on trying to get your ring by setting your loot to an off-spec that doesn't have a leggo.

It's just a gamble, not a sure thing.

And again, if you already have all the legendaries for a spec including any utility ones it's your best interest to just stay in that spec since your BLP won't much matter for your off-specs and you'll be specifically targeting any new ones for your spec which of course includes the ring.

I have like 14 of the suckers by now though, so I expect quite a while until I have them all up, especially seeing how I switch them often for the situation ^^.
    I have 18/19, I'll get my final one before patch comes out. It really won't take that long. You don't use all of them, you may use a good amount, but you wouldn't use all.

I personally use 8 of mine fairly frequently. But more of a focus on 3.

It won't be a big deal to level them all up.

odds are if its a spec you never played you will get one of the class specific ones, even if you got all your mainspec ones and all spec one, the offspec one had 1/6-7 chance of it being the ring, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    OK, so this should work to get some of you a leggo ring but it's going to be one hell of a gamble.

Save up 1,000 Legionfall resources.

Once 7.2.5 hits go cash them all in.

Swap to a spec you have NEVER USED.

This will give you the highest amount of Bad Luck Protection possible and greatly increase the chance of picking up a legendary. Your BLP doesn't really reset until after you score 2 so you can set your loot spec to healing/tanking/off-dps too and hit the mythic+ circuit, LFR, world bosses and even regular raids and world quests. Then once you have 2 swap to your 3rd spec if you've never touched it to hopefully score again.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Now let's hear everyone scream at me about how I'm wrong. :-)
    If you never used that spec, don't you have a huge pool of potential Legendaries to get?

What are the odds you're gonna get the ring out of all other Legendaries that you don't have for that spec?

This will give you the highest amount of Bad Luck Protection possible and greatly increase the chance of picking up a legendary.
    Why would that give you the highest bad luck protection? It would only give the bonus BLP for your first two legendaries usable in that spec, that means for example if you have sephuz and prydaz and then switch to a spec you have never used before your BLP on that spec is 0.
    While you might have built up BLP on your actual spec(s) since you got your last legendary there by simply playing the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    If you never used that spec, don't you have a huge pool of potential Legendaries to get?

What are the odds you're gonna get the ring out of all other Legendaries that you don't have for that spec?
    Bad luck if you got those spec-neutral legendaries in your main spec.

From: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...s-based-on-qa/

Emphasis put on the bold bit.

So again, with zero to 1 utility legendaries you can gamble a bit on trying to get your ring by setting your loot to an off-spec that doesn't have a leggo.

It's just a gamble, not a sure thing.

And again, if you already have all the legendaries for a spec including any utility ones it's your best interest to just stay in that spec since your BLP won't much matter for your off-specs and you'll be specifically targeting any new ones for your spec which of course includes the ring.
    the source Q&A doesn't seem to be available anymore so i'm not precisely sure what Lore was talking about, but I'm pretty sure these posts refer to the 'retroactive' bad luck protection based on legendaries acquired prior to 7.2. If you acquired a cross-spec legendary prior to that it counted against your per-spec bad luck protection when 7.2 went live, but afaik current legendaries only count against the spec you're in when they drop.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What does that mean? Hand in at the construction table? And then hope it drops from one of the 10 reward containers you get? Hmmmmm
    It builds up BLP, which increases your chances of getting it sooner.

Get 1000, hand them in after 7.2.5, if you're extremely lucky, that'll give you a legendary. If not, well you'll be closer to the legendary than you were before.

BLP 2 stronk.

Deleted
    OK, so this should work to get some of you a leggo ring but it's going to be one hell of a gamble.

Save up 1,000 Legionfall resources.

Once 7.2.5 hits go cash them all in.

This will give you the highest amount of Bad Luck Protection possible and greatly increase the chance of picking up a legendary. Your BLP doesn't really reset until after you score 2 so you can set your loot spec to healing/tanking/off-dps too and hit the mythic+ circuit, LFR, world bosses and even regular raids and world quests. Then once you have 2 swap to your 3rd spec if you've never touched it to hopefully score again.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

afaik if you have sephuz/heal neck/other shared legendaries, the bonus luck to a never used spec doesnt apply, since it counts those for that spec.

so you will just end up with having a chance to get ~10 legendaries on the never used spec, compared to 2 your main spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    Weekly m+ cache immediately (for the quest to upgrade legendaries)
    1000 war supplies
    3 emissary dailies banked up
    save up emissary boxes if you want/to gamble if its worth anything
    Get paragon boxes but don't hand in quest to receive box
    Save nethershards for mythic ToS opening so new tf levels

Rumour has it BLP resets on patch, im unsure, but i hope not, with BLP banked up for 2 months (got all 10 legendaries)
    once you have all the legendaries for a spec you no longer gain any BLP for that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    once you have all the legendaries for a spec you no longer gain any BLP for that spec.
    Totally unconfirmed, there is no confirmation either way, it's just all guessing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    also since 7.2 your bad luck protection has been based only on how many chances you've had in a particular spec since the last time you rolled a legendary in that spec; number of utility or cross-spec legendaries is irrelevant
    Not true. Utility ones count for all 3 specs at once. I have 4/5 of my utility ones so I'm essentially at zero blp for all my specs.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-06-11 at 04:41 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    And why do you believe that? Its just pure speculation from your side, and you write it like it is a fact. I never seen Blizzard say anything about that.

"also since 7.2 your bad luck protection has been based only on how many chances you've had in a particular spec since the last time you rolled a legendary in that spec; number of utility or cross-spec legendaries is irrelevant"

"once you have all the legendaries for a spec you no longer gain any BLP for that spec."

These statements are incorrect. I was still collecting enhancement legendaries (mainspec is resto) at 7.2. I would leave my main spec set to resto while raiding, M+, farming, whatever... since I don't really focus much on offspec gear. After 1.5 - 2 weeks (I basically farmed everything possible while I was legendary hunting), I would swap to offpsec for certain farm runs (EN/ToV Heroic, Norm, pluses I didnt want relics from etc) and would receive my offspec legendaries like clockwork.

I had collected all of my restoration legendaries PRIOR to patch 7.2, and completed my offspec collection a month or so ago.
    Last edited by Mauthe; 2017-06-11 at 06:32 PM.