Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah... I guess you suddenly started to agree with me.
    Sweden hasn't done anything to ISIS and ISIS attacked Sweden. I think it nullifies your point about how cowering will fix the Middle East.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    there wil always be a leader... need to destroy them in huge hits, not one by one...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    there wil always be a leader... need to destroy them in huge hits, not one by one...
    You can't destroy an idea, that's the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Just blow up the whole country.

"Peace is not always the answer" - Jaina Proudmoore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I would wait for an official confirmation on this before getting too excited.
    If true, then it will be a big hit to ISIS, not that big of a deal when looking at the big picture though.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Shame if true got off far to easy should of been put on trial and executed Iran style.
    And what's that style?
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-06-11 at 01:16 PM.

Mission Accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sweden hasn't done anything to ISIS and ISIS attacked Sweden. I think it nullifies your point about how cowering will fix the Middle East.
    We even let them back in here and give them housing and money, cant get much better for them then that.

Returning jihadis should have their citizenship destroyed and a bullet in the head at the border
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-06-11 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and now he is a martyr I look forward to the endless cycle continuing.. well done world...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    ...and now he is a martyr I look forward to the endless cycle continuing.. well done world...
    He would/will die anyways, there is 4000 surrounded jihadis in raqqa that will all die.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    I would wait for an official confirmation on this before getting too excited.
    If true, then it will be a big hit to ISIS, not that big of a deal when looking at the big picture though.
    While that seems to be the only site covering this, I don't see how it's not "that big of a deal"? When was the last time AQ was in the news for anything since Bin Laden went to his virgins?

Isis loosing their two last places including their caliphate capital will hurt their recruitment abit, who likes to join a piece of shit group who cant even defend the caliphate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still nothing on liveleak.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    While that seems to be the only site covering this, I don't see how it's not "that big of a deal"? When was the last time AQ was in the news for anything since Bin Laden went to his virgins?
    Big picture means terrorist activities in general.
    As I said, yes, it will hurt ISIS, but nothing will prevent its creators to create a new organization, just like when ISIS got big after Alqaeda got weak.
    As long as we don't tackle the roots of the problem ( which IMO are gulf nations) they will fund another one and another one and ...

If true, then it is good news.
    And you all doomsayers here, with your "2 new heads" - it does change things. Morale is a thing even amongst them, loss of leadership hurts even them, the possible infighting also weakens them, and so on. You cannot kill the idea, sure, but you can make damn sure that their "country" does not exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was supposedly kinda crazy af. Never really dug into it, so I dunno how true it is because of bias and whatnot but from what I once gathered, back on the streets he had a nickname "The Green Man" because he had tons of tattoos. He got locked up started getting deep into Islam, memorized the entire Quaran and upon learning his tattoos were forbidden he cut them all out with a razor blade. Cutting your tats out with a razor is some crazy pain. If he did that w/o any drugs, that's just insane.

Edit for clarity.
    Last edited by Teraparte; 2017-06-11 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    ...and now he is a martyr I look forward to the endless cycle continuing..
    Yeah, it's natural to think that. But remember what happened when Bin Laden was killed. Al Qaeda seemed to lose prestige and his death did not seem to spark mass recruitment. I think, like Donald Trump, your average would-be jihadi prefers heroes who aren't captured.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having dejavu, didn't he already die, allegedly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Ideas exist in the minds of people. It simply must be made clear that anyone who holds that idea (in this case, terrorism) is marking themselves for death.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Ideas exist in the minds of people. It simply must be made clear that anyone who holds that idea (in this case, terrorism) is marking themselves for death.

On one hand I agree with you, but on the other many of these people are convinced that after death they will be rewarded in some paradise. The idea one will be rewarded in the hereafter can be extremely dangerous. About the snake growing other heads, ISIS and similar groups may be destroyed if you kill enough of its leaders, but where the snake grows other heads may not be so much with respect to another leader cropping up, but another organization entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with those leaders is, that they work like warlords. Kill one, another takes place in power vacume.
    Only way to fix this is going by a land to land and convincing people to become civilans again and invest into them.

But that is not gona happen, since a distabilized country means cheap oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    On one hand I agree with you, but on the other many of these people are convinced that after death they will be rewarded in some paradise. The idea one will be rewarded in the hereafter can be extremely dangerous. About the snake growing other heads, ISIS and similar groups may be destroyed if you kill enough of its leaders, but where the snake grows other heads may not be so much with respect to another leader cropping up, but another organization entirely.
    Don't sweat the details!!!