Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would say Illidan still has a strong sense of attachment toward Tyrande - he may have broadened this into a sense of an attachment for the whole of Azeroth, but strong specific attachment still remains. It's likely Illidan knows that a pursuit of Tyrande isn't possible (given the measure of her love for his brother) and so indulges himself in other relationships to fill the void, but he hasn't taken any real steps towards shedding himself of those strong romantic feelings as evidenced by his final thoughts on being killed at the summit of the Black Temple.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It's more of a creepy obsession at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's more of a creepy obsession at this point.
    It got worse after he got his hands on malfurions secret sex tapes. 1800 hours of uncut material.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    yes, else his last thought when he died in the black temple wouldnt be about tyrande.
    I'm sure he knew that Blizzard is going to bring him back at some point anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    So I love the lore of Warcraft. Romantic Lore is especially "squee" to me.

I've read 2 novels but I'm saving up to afford more. This leads me to my question:

The Illidan of the current content: Does he still "love" Tyrande? (Bonus question: Did he ever actually love her? Or just want her?) CAN he still love?

I understand this is mostly speculative. But I WANT MOAR! lol

Follow up: Illidan and Malfurion's feels?
    He supposedly does love her, but as we learn from the Illidan Cinematics through his quest chain In Legion, when he "Dies" at the Black Temple, he sees a lil vision, voices and Tyrande was there and It zoomed on her ominously among other things... and to me that menth one thing.

Of all the sacrifices he made, he still hasn't made the one he needs to make to ultimately achieve his goal whatever that Is... and that's to sacrifice Tyrande, the woman he loved all his life. So I think he still truly loves her and wants her, he protected her in Lordaeron, he risked his life for her through everything. But I think that all culminates to the point of having him either forget his love for Tyrande, or actually sacrifice her In some twisted way to defeat the Burning Legion.

Cause so far, I see Illidari as the Death Knights of Acherus, once Legion Is done, and the demons "are" defeated, which I hope Is not going to be as easy as one expansion... the Demon Hunters will have nowhere to go, and they themselves might become Demon Lords of the remaining Legion, with Illidan as their supreme leader. Kind of In the way that Bolvar became the Lich King and the Acherus knights while remained the Knights of the Ebon Blade, swore their oaths once again to their old factions, the Horde and the Alliance. And only In Legion were they called upon by Bolvar for an alliance, serving the new Lich King In return for more power.

And honestly, storywise the only thing In Legion I liked so far, Is the whole Death Knight Order Hall Campaign and how It ended... I loved that ending, and to me that makes me wonder did the Death Knights go too far with Bolvar, are they following him too blindly, Is he raising an army of his own to possibly attack all the living people of Azeroth? Who knows, I doubt Blizzard would be that twisty and layer so much story on story, but I'm hopeful.

Cause I doubt the Paladins would've liked what their supposed "Death Knight Allies" tried to do, and I'm sad I haven't seen a mention of that afterward In any of the patches we have, not 7.1 not 7.2, that's good story potential, same like with Calia Menethil the literal future Queen of Lordaeron (And don't go on about her saying she doesn't want the throne, Blizz retcon things left and right and It was just a few text words) that's a lot of potential and so on.. but she just sits In the order hall like "Hi.. I'm a normal priestess now"
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    Fel energy fully corrupts its host, leading me to believe the level of love he had can no longer exist against the thirst for power. Look at Guldan. He would have done the same thing to Sylvanas... maybe even Garrosh himself. Much like the Arthas and Jaina story, once he was set on his path, that every blooming love was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'm with you. He sucks. And their "bandaid" to the abomination that was Burning Crusade was somehow even worse, and I didn't think that was possible.
    didn't you say once that he was a good character in one of your videos???

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    didn't you say once that he was a good character in one of your videos???
    No lol. In fact I've frequently said he's one of the worst characters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    You guys are misinterpreting his vision before he died in the Black Temple. His (and by extension all demon hunters') main thing is sacrificing EVERYTHING to defeat the Legion. When he was dying he was confused as to why he was defeated, and then he realized that he forgot to sacrifice one last thing. His personal feelings. That's why he bears no grudge towards Maiev or anyone else for that matter in Legion, he has sacrificed his ego.

To sum it up, no, current Illidan no longer loves or even cares about Tyrande or anyone else for that matter. His sole goal is to defeat Sargeras at any cost.
    That's actually a good point. I was wondering how a few things reconciled, but that would appear to solve the questions I had. Also kinda explains why Illidan was so willing to hand over the Illidari to one of his trainees so completely; that Illidari could handle things on Azeroth while Illidan couldn't, and it freed him up to do other things in the meantime. In the past, his pride may have kept him wanting to remain the leader of his group. He named them the Illidari, after all, he obviously thought highly of himself.

No lol. In fact I've frequently said he's one of the worst characters lol.
    hehe I do remember (before Legion ruined him) that you find him complex or something.

like Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can still love Tyrande but my guess this is platonic love. More curious question is, we actually know why Maiev hate much Illidan? The case with Naisha death is one point, but before Naisha demise in tomb of sargeras in WC3?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    hehe I do remember (before Legion ruined him) that you find him complex or something.
    ...no. I didn't. At best I thought he was a 2edgy4me tryhard character. I didn't hate him, but that's as best as I got.

Compared to Sylvanas and the Forsaken, whom I actually liked a lot until after the Lich King's death.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-11 at 06:56 PM.

Yeh he love dat priest pussay.

...no. I didn't. At best I thought he was a 2edgy4me tryhard character. I didn't hate him, but that's as best as I got.

Compared to Sylvanas and the Forsaken, whom I actually liked a lot until after the Lich King's death.
    I think Sylvanas is kinda good tbh.

I mean, I liked Illidan in the novel and WC3 before this Kerrigan shit happened. he wasn't Superman type like Anduin and other characters who just "GOOD GUYS GOOD GUYS".

Sylvanas is selfish and would do anything to gain something. plus, she is badass looking.

which is what I like about the characters though I did hate her at one point.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, fuck Tyrande. She is an asshole and we dont need to constantly touch her and Malfurion's deal. Let them be that generic boring couple Blizzard always made them look like.
    Illidan deserved the better girl. Or himself in a mirror.

p.s. Illidan x Khadgar is a thing.
    They have more chemistry here

than the whole Tyrande/Illidan bullshit in 10 000 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if he genuinely loves her or not, but he definitely thinks he loves her and it's got the same fundamental impact on his actions. Granted, he also has the empathy and foreplanning skills of a moderately-lobotomized toddler, but that's beside the point.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Illidan and Maiev true story. Specially if she decides to remove the helm and wear a slutmog.
    Best things lie ahead for this odd couple boyz. Stay tuned .