Poll: Have they finally got it right?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thumbs up Have they finally got it right?

Seems this whole expansion has been about striking a balance between "log in to raid" and "need more to do". Not taking sides here; it's a game, a hobby, and I'm not here to tell others how to enjoy it. But Blizz has to balance those who want a way to progress their favorite toon every time they log on with those who want to feel fairly competitive with as little time as possible outside of raids.

As I think about my schedule going into 7.2.5, I already have Concordance in MS & OS, with a couple extra levels in MS, both on my main and on primary alt. AP will be useful but not worth grinding. I'll want to push a M+ key, but no need to run M+ more than one night a week.

On the other hand, I know I can log in for more M+, invasions, emissary chests, etc., as many nights a week as I feel like playing.

To me, it feels like they finally got it right. What do you think?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Nothing in 7.2.5 will make me resub. And as long as Ion is still there, I wont spend any money on the next Expansion
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh..7.2.5 is all right but I think until they have a good idea on what to do with these .5 patches, I'll just say I don't know tbh.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-06-11 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Derp
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I hated how there was nothing to do in WoD and that actually caused me to unsub. Legion has got it mostly right besides Titanforging.

Meh, I still feel that *most* people are only logging in for raids. Yes, there's still plenty to do, but its just not enough it seems. The M+ burnout, AP grind and Legendary system are the culprits.

Oh, and too many classes in disarray.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Not really, they fucked up tons of things too.

1)They did RNG wrong with legendary items, should have been some sort of quest item dropping, do some sort of mini-chain or even better some sort of crafting chain choose your legendary, no "i didnt get bis, quitting".

2)The way AP was up to research 40 made alts unplayable, i dont have the time to do content on char 1, and do the same exact shit on char 2 just for AP.

I literally havent run any M+ in months and all i ever did was Emmissaries for legendary chance and a few WQ for AP for months now, and raid log.

The fact top guilds quit cause game became too much of a chore compared to before proves my point.

WQs is just glorified dailies.

3)Titanforging/Warforging should remain turned off when it comes to progression raiding so things would be more fair, what i mean by that is, dont let Normal/HC/Mythic+ items Titanforge to Mythic levels or above instantly, would make for a more fun "World first race".
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-11 at 03:45 PM.

Nope! They ported over Diablo III, called it WoW, and proceeded to burn the game down around it. Get rid of world quests (go back to the daily system in MoP - minus the gates), get rid of constant gear progression, i.e. Titanforge, Warforge, random stats on top of random drops, etc., revamp the legendary system, remove and/or revamp the artifact system, remove followers and missions, remove the "leader of the world" theme for our characters, pull back from the StarCraft II BS, focus on Azeroth, redo the classes to a proper format and theme for the lore, etc. Also, just bring back the damn game! Stop reinventing the wheel every two years!

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Nothing in 7.2.5 will make me resub. And as long as Ion is still there, I wont spend any money on the next Expansion
    youre a real cancer of this forum. I have seen you post on countless threads the same whining QQing pathetic dross about how youve quit wow and blizz will never get you back...GOOD! plz do us all a favour at mmo champ and leave here too because were all sick of you crying about a game you dont even play anymore! clown

The game outside of raiding absolutely stinks, and unfortunately you are forced to do too much of it.

Nope, the game is full of dubious design decisions. Take for example invasions. The idea had so much potential. What we got is 6 world quests per zone that disable other world quests you might have wanted to do (like the 6h pvp quests like Black Rook Rumble), ending with repetitive "scenario" that is fixed per zone, and then you have nothing to do in the zone until it ends, the rewards were nerfed (no rep or supplies, just nethershards and some rare transmog weapons) and generally to many people these invasions are considered "less fun" than the Legion prepatch ones (from what I gathered from various opinion threads).

Oh, and they also tend to spawn at weird hours so most people will see 1 per 3 days.

I think it would be better if they let people choose when to do invasion (for example you could join it at any hour) but also let them do other WQ in the zone if they don't want to, make the end scenario have few versions for variety (and hopefully less disparity where Stormheim / Azsuna are fast and the other 2 are long and annoying) and let it still drop supplies and give rep for people who don't enjoy broken shore WQ but enjoy invasions. It would be so much better, players would have choice do they want to participate or not, and when, and what avenue they prefer to take to grind supplies / rep.

Why is giving players extra choices bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Nope! They ported over Diablo III, called it WoW, and proceeded to burn the game down around it. Get rid of world quests (go back to the daily system in MoP - minus the gates), get rid of constant gear progression, i.e. Titanforge, Warforge, random stats on top of random drops, etc., revamp the legendary system, remove and/or revamp the artifact system, remove followers and missions, remove the "leader of the world" theme for our characters, pull back from the StarCraft II BS, focus on Azeroth, redo the classes to a proper format and theme for the lore, etc. Also, just bring back the damn game! Stop reinventing the wheel every two years!
    World Quests spread out on the zones aren't a bad thing, making zones relevant after leveling is a good thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lykaboss View Post
    youre a real cancer of this forum. I have seen you post on countless threads the same whining QQing pathetic dross about how youve quit wow and blizz will never get you back...GOOD! plz do us all a favour at mmo champ and leave here too because were all sick of you crying about a game you dont even play anymore! clown
    LMAO the butthurt is strong with this one
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    World Quests spread out on the zones aren't a bad thing, making zones relevant after leveling is a good thing.
    World quests are just daily quests, and the current design is extremely substandard. LGN was designed to mimic Diablo III, and an ARPG doesn't belong in an MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    World quests are just daily quests, and the current design is extremely substandard. LGN was designed to mimic Diablo III, and an ARPG doesn't belong in an MMORPG.
    I much prefer Dailies/worldquests being around the zones then just one specific area in all honesty. Yeah it's similar to Diablo III so bloody what.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I much prefer Dailies/worldquests being around the zones then just one specific area in all honesty. Yeah it's similar to Diablo III so bloody what.
    As someone who has no interest in raiding and very little interest in any form of group content, the WQs and RNG aspect are my absolute favourite features of Legion. Most of time is spent levelling and gearing alts up, and I love it.

I'm trying to figure out what they really changed in 7.2.5 that suddenly got it right? It's the same thing that's been there for the entire expansion. The mythic+ change was in before 7.2.5, which probably goes further to make things not as bad for some raiders than it would have been previously.

No idea how did that Ion become lead designer, he's absolutely awful, stale and unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykaboss View Post
    hozzikostas is legitimate dogshit and has been nothing but a cancer on this game since his joining the team. that's one thing that dude's right about.

if i wasn't worried about losing my account to hackers, i'd have been unsubbed two months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally irrelevant.

Content is nice and all, but classes have been butchered and pruned to hell... That leads to a game that gets boring fast, regardless of how much content is added. Content doesn't matter if the vessels through which we traverse it are boring in themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if i wasn't worried about losing my account to hackers, i'd have been unsubbed two months ago.

What is an authenticator?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hozzikostas is legitimate dogshit and has been nothing but a cancer on this game since his joining the team. that's one thing that dude's right about.

How would unsubbing make your account a target for hackers...?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore