Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    Always confused why bards are so high on the list. I mean, bards aren't a thing in Azeroth. Where did this idea come from?
    I think people just want something different without realizing how boring it would be to play a support class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    How so? It's so easy to pull off. It's such a versatile concept, it lends itself easily to WoW's 'trinity' of class system. A bard trope can heal, cast spells, and use a variety of both ranged and melee weapons.
    I thought they actually wanted a class that had buffs and debuffs lol, other unique stuff, not just a guy with a Harp as a weapon that did direct magic damage, like a true hybrid of old.

TBH I guess they'd have to make it like guitar hero, now that would be interesting.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-06-11 at 01:26 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if they actually created something original

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I thought they actually wanted a class that had buffs and debuffs lol, other unique stuff, not just a guy with a Harp as a weapon that did direct magic damage, like a true hybrid of old.

TBH I guess they'd have to make it like guitar hero, now that would be interesting.
    Disc priest was supposed to be a hybridish support

Surprise, it didn't work

Don't know, but it has to come within these criterias. Mail armor, Ranged dps and healer spec. We have too many tanks and melee dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Don't know, but it has to come within these criterias. Mail armor, Ranged dps and healer spec. We have too many tanks and melee dps.
    Ranged DPS that's different than Hunters and casters.

Tinkers fit the bill in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    all those three choices suck. where's the "none of these are good" option?

Give me Spellblade like Aluriel.
    Right?

Likewise I'd be disappointed to see Blizzard introduce the Tinker / Necromancer / Bard options as they're all too familiar tropes to the genre.

What I would love is a new Hero class based around something beyond Azeroth's horizon, drawing upon WoW's expanded universe -or cosmology; maybe similar in theme or directly related to the Constellar. Specs would draw upon the Light / Void. Perhaps our excursion to Argus could expose us more to Constellar teachings and interactions and give us the preface for the new Hero class/race. Tie it into some nice Titan-esque / celestial aesthetics as well as giving us some new story lines beyond Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Ranged DPS that's different than Hunters and casters.

Tinkers fit the bill in that regard.
    But Tinkers are fucking lame. There's already an engineering profession on top of that. Make an interesting class, not a reskin of a profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Dont see a new class any time soon if you see the class balance state we currently have.
    But i give Tinkers the highest chance, my personel options would be either spellbreakers or witchdoctors tho.
    If you are trying to make a comment about balance being bad you really need to think again. Everything outside of Aff which is pretty overtuned atm is within 8-10% of each other which is as close as it has ever been

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    But Tinkers are fucking lame. There's already an engineering profession on top of that. Make an interesting class, not a reskin of a profession.
    You considering them "lame" is your opinion. Many people view Demon Hunters as "cool" but that doesn't mean they added anything to the game.

Tinker are unique, fill in the gaps, and will play nothing like profession. The very idea that anyone would believe that a WoW class with 3 specs would mirror a profession in any way is a laughable argument.

Then what character are we basing this class on? WoW expansion classes tend to need that.
    New classes don't need to be based on any one character. The Monk class proves that.

You mean grenades, which isn't what the Tinker concept hinges upon. We can have zero grenade abilities in The Tinker class and it still works just fine. The Bard concept hinges entirely on music, which is exactly what Hymn and Song of Chi-ji is. Without music spells, you got no Bard.
    Except those are but one ability in their respective classes' arsenal. Abilities that, thanks to the precedent set by Death Knights, could easily be renamed, even though they don't have to. Once again: just because those classes have one ability that deals with song, does not mean that the whole music theme belongs to them. Otherwise the tech theme belongs to the Hunter since he's using tech abilities. To support one but deny the other is what we call a double-standard, Teriz.

Then how woukd they play? A Hunter that uses generic healing spells? Bards are known as buff bots for a reason.
    First off: no, they are not known as 'buff-bots'. This is just you propagating a falsehood because saying said falsehood is true serves your narrative. As for how it would play, well, the bard could, for example, have different "stances" represented by different music instrument, each instrument giving a different passive to the Bard, maybe to nearby friendlies as well, and gives the guy access to different spells to sing. His melee spec would easily be an intellect-based, one-handed weapon style, with daggers, swords and maces (probably not axes), and using an off-hand item (but not shields) on the left hand, and using a few songs for some support like a stun, or CC.

Because those are just specs, not the entire class.
    The point is the same: how come one spell denies an entire class design, when we have two classes sharing an entire theme (holy healing) yet both co-exist with no problems? I don't think I've ever seen, in-game or in forums, someone say "we got a holy paladin, we don't need a holy priest" or vice-versa.

Didn't need to. The Monk archetype itself covered those aspects. In other words, when you bring a Monk class into a RPG people expect it to be tanky and have healing attributes.
    Oh, so now it's ok to base classes from RPG tropes, and not off characters in the game?

Just like people expect Bards to be buff bots.
    Only you. You need to stop propagating that falsehood, especially when it's been shown countless times how the bard can easily fit within WoW's class system.

Didn't you just say that we're not using Russell as an example?
    As always, dishonesty is the name of the game with Teriz. I've said we're using him (and others) as an examples, not that we're basing the class entirely off him. He and others are just the 'seeds'.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Paladins, DKs, and Enhance Shaman are warriors.
    No, warriors are warriors. Paladins are paladins, shamans are shamans, death knights are death knights, and tinkers are engineers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights are Necromancers. In fact, they're like super- Necromancers.

Bards have never been established in the Warcraft universe, and given Blizzard's stance on buff classes, I highly doubt you'd ever see one in WoW.

So yeah, Tinker all the way.
    Pretty much this. I think Tinker for Gnomes and Goblins makes the most sense. Give them some serious lore and consideration for a change, and remove the stigma of being comedy relief races.

No more tanking class, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    No more tanking class, please.
    Why not? The more tank and healing classes we get, the lower the queue times go. I usually play a tank just for the 30 second wait instead of 30 minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so goddamn obsessed with Tinker? Personally I think its the most stuipd thing anyone has ever thought of. Get the Engeneering profession and tinker all you like
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

I'd be happy if they'd simply bring back old survival as hunters' 4th spec. Call it something like dark ranger/stalker, have it be medium ranged, heavy dotting class. Maybe have them dual wield guns, whatever. It's the playstyle i care for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Disc priest was supposed to be a hybridish support

Surprise, it didn't work
    Paladin was way closer to that, since buffing was one of the core concept of the class for a long time. They tried it again in legion and scrapped it entirely now.

No more classes, they need to spend time with class tuning and lowering the DPS variance between top and lowest specs.

Necromancer is to close to DK/Lock/Spriest
    Bard would never work with them removing buffs, then game is made for 3 role would take to much effort to make it 4 role with a buff class
    Tinkerer would end up to close to engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    Why not? The more tank and healing classes we get, the lower the queue times go. I usually play a tank just for the 30 second wait instead of 30 minute.
    More options doesn't equate to more people playing as them.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post

Necromancer is to close to DK/Lock/Spriest
    So..?

We don't have any gameplay to compare such things so i guess you a comparing the theme.

Just like:
    Fire Mages and Destro locks.
    Aff locks and SPriests,
    Holy paladin and holy Priests.
    Frost Mages and Frost Dks.
    Uh Dk and Demo Locks.

Damn, everyone copies warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    Because they can add another 10 healing and tanking classes and people will still not play more of them. The only thing you manage is taking away unique aspects from existing tank classes and distributing/diluting them to the new ones.

As a former DK you should know that DK was the #1 tank for mob positioning. Now we only number 2 for multiple enemies, since DH has the flat out better version of AoE-grip.