Poll: Have they finally got it right?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    What is an authenticator?
    i have one. but i am paranoid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    As someone who has no interest in raiding and very little interest in any form of group content, the WQs and RNG aspect are my absolute favourite features of Legion. Most of time is spent levelling and gearing alts up, and I love it.
    As someone who quit wow long ago, enjoys himself with Final Fantasy XIV and only comming to MMO champ out of some morbid curiosity I humbly ask: Why the hell are you even playing MMOs if you do not have interest in group content? They arent ment to be played solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How would unsubbing make your account a target for hackers...?
    it feels like they target inactives over actives.

idk, like i said, i'm paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it feels like they target inactives over actives.

idk, like i said, i'm paranoid.
    For absolutely zero reason. Better get off what ever you're smoking. Also if you have an authenticator there is really no way they can hack you, unless they get their hands on it. But nice excuse to stay subbed though
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reeks of Diablo and there's hardly anything original in Legion. Like they want to stretch it to see what they can get away with while beaching it because the old code in the engine is becoming too troublesome and time-consuming to work with in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Reeks of Diablo and there's hardly anything original in Legion. Like they want to stretch it to see what they can get away with while beaching it because the old code in the engine is becoming too troublesome and time-consuming to work with in the long run.
    Come on, you can't talk about WoW like that on MMO champion. It's like against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    As someone who quit wow long ago, enjoys himself with Final Fantasy XIV and only comming to MMO champ out of some morbid curiosity I humbly ask: Why the hell are you even playing MMOs if you do not have interest in group content? They arent ment to be played solo.
    They can be played in any way you see fit. I enjoy WoW because it's an endless video game.

And other players serve a purpose in-game; they buy my stuff on the AH, and I run LFR from time-to-time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion's generally had a good balance of shit to do in and outside raids. The problem is raid guilds that got used to "Log in, raid, log out, unsub once raid is on farm," from WoD. Their guilds are pushing them to maintain similar progression speeds over more raids and over more tiers, consuming in days what was designed to take weeks (and thus why 7.2 and 7.2.5 has this questline intentionally pushing back Tomb of Sargeras launch until Nighthold and the Broken Shore have run their course). So now the "Log in, raid, log out" crowd that got used to being catered to realize they have to do stuff outside raids and farm AP are shitting themselves because a game designed around long-term player retention is giving them things to do to keep them playing over time after Blizz realized what a colossal failure trying to save min/max raiders from themselves ended up being.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I hated how there was nothing to do in WoD and that actually caused me to unsub. Legion has got it mostly right besides Titanforging.
    Nah Titanforging is probably one of the best systems they developed in recent years. It's only "bad" for a percentage of the top 2%, and that's honestly not important enough to change the whole system for.

Yup the content balance has been super fun and very well paced. Especially for alts, with 7.2. That catch up was a really fun little thing there for characters I barely was able to get any gear on previously.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres nothing that makes me WANT to log on in game, but everytime I log on I do have fun. I'm in a weird place with the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Meant or not, WoW can be played solo very successfully. To me, it best single player game I ever played.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Meant or not, WoW can be played solo very successfully. To me, it best single player game I ever played.
    You must have never played a real single player game in your life if that's the case...lol

Yeah you can have some fun alone, but nothing compared to a single player title and playing fully by yourself you aren't even going to see half the game. I'm talking no queuing for anything, this is an MMO the genre is literally meant to be played with others whenever you can. Unless you're SWTOR which has a great questing experience all the way to level cap that is a story driven game and which is more of an mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nah Titanforging is probably one of the best systems they developed in recent years. It's only "bad" for a percentage of the top 2%, and that's honestly not important enough to change the whole system for.
    You can definitely speak for yourself, but I wouldn't just outright dismiss people's negative opinions of titanforging as a tiny 2% minority. There is definitely a moderate amount of speaking out against Titanforging and how it has negatively impacted portions of the player base.

I myself am definitely not an elite or top player - I don't touch mythic raiding at all, and don't push very far into mythic+ (just cap the ilvl reward for the weekly chest maybe half the time, definitely no spamming). With that being said, I do not like how titanforging has subverted the gearing curve compared to how it worked previously. I enjoy reaching a plateau where I no longer need to worry about gear, and I can focus on all the other activities available without feeling like I'm falling behind. I'd like to be able to relax and enjoy playing, spending time on playing alts, collecting transmog, mounts, toys, as well as continue with heroic raiding without spending excessive hours playing every week.
    Not to say that there is no time for those side activities now, but it is decidedly less than it has been previously. The extended grinding that's been built into all of the Legion systems is eating up more time than ever before just keeping up on one character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    You must have never played a real single player game in your life if that's the case...lol

Yeah you can have some fun alone, but nothing compared to a single player title and playing fully by yourself you aren't even going to see half the game. I'm talking no queuing for anything, this is an MMO the genre is literally meant to be played with others whenever you can. Unless you're SWTOR which has a great questing experience all the way to level cap that is a story driven game and which is more of an mmorpg.
    Im playing games since ZX81 times (go google whats that). Think thats more than enough experience about games.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was great up until recently. Now with Concordance unlocked and the ridicilous amounts of ap for tiny upgrades, we're back to WoD except for mythic dungeons still being great. But world quests and ap farming? Rip 7.0-7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Not really, they fucked up tons of things too.

1)They did RNG wrong with legendary items, should have been some sort of quest item dropping, do some sort of mini-chain or even better some sort of crafting chain choose your legendary, no "i didnt get bis, quitting".

2)The way AP was up to research 40 made alts unplayable, i dont have the time to do content on char 1, and do the same exact shit on char 2 just for AP.

I literally havent run any M+ in months and all i ever did was Emmissaries for legendary chance and a few WQ for AP for months now, and raid log.

The fact top guilds quit cause game became too much of a chore compared to before proves my point.

WQs is just glorified dailies.

3)Titanforging/Warforging should remain turned off when it comes to progression raiding so things would be more fair, what i mean by that is, dont let Normal/HC/Mythic+ items Titanforge to Mythic levels or above instantly, would make for a more fun "World first race".
    1. Agreed. Legiondaries have been a clusterfuck from Day 1
    2. It was...ok? Not great, not bad... just kinda meh... with AP40 mailings to alts now though... lullz...
    3. Barely anyone gives a shit about world firsts anymore, they lost meaning somewhere around Wrath.... The Esports scene is where the focus is now, and since titanforging etc all gets normalized there, Blizzard doesnt care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    did you ever touch any other games besides wow?

Formerly known as Arafal

Here is my thought. You either join a guild where people don't bother if you are 20min to 1 hour late, and they are willing to wait for you, but your progress as a guild is bound to go down. Or you join a guild where if you are late 3 times, 5 minutes for the 30min preparation period you are not counted in raids.

Me as someone who is grown up enough to know that I can not be a reliable player to be counted to be there on time, while 20 people wait for you, and have 0 patience for people who can not get their shits straight in avoiding basic things in a 3D game enviroment, I am enjoying in saving Azeroth by doing dailies and achievments and LFR. During the weekend I might join a pug normal or heroic.

I do feel as someone who stopped being a proper raider, that I can still enjoy the game. In some way I feel it better this way since I get to see things I would usually skip when raiding. Because if you want to do raiding properly, all your time and focus is about that raid night. Time you spend in game is to get enchants and experiment on your character to pull the top and the best out of it. But even that doesn't take much time, it is just that my personal life and time I have is taking focus for the other things which is probably how it effects my point of view to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Well said. This is also on top of the fact that there is no longer a set gear progressions system. You should never get better gear from cracking nuts and catching squirrels vs. doing dungeons. The whole thing is just a mess.
    Players wanted to get out in the world, meet other people there. You cant get people in the world w/o appropriate reward. Thats why "squirells and nuts" give such rewards. Very different from other expansions and good overall for the game world not being empty and giving people something to do.
    Think you just have hard time adjusting to new things which are good for all players.