Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And traditional fish are able to swap genders at will with no discernable difference between the two.

Your point?
    Fish are real. Harpies aren't. Your point?

Also, wow is a GAME. It doesn't make its various races from stencils of real life animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    My lord you are just all kinds of crabby huh? I'm sexist and ignorant because I stated we don't have females in game of said races, because we don't?
    Female ogres are a thing in lore, Chief Ogg'ora was a female ogre sorceress and former leader of the Fire-Gut ogres.
    We don't have female models of them in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Because traditional lore harpies have always been female. They abduct males of various species to use for reproduction.
    You called them lazy.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    What about harpies? Female only race.
    They're the perfect example of how many females behave irl, especially the Legion versions. Their attitudes, their tones, everything. Well done, blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizzard should feel soooooo bad about not catering to a bunch of filthy crybabies that jerk themselves off to sleep on ultra far left bullshit (fuck you too far right)

#remembertracer

#sjwsuckass

#imlovinit

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Aside from fish often being able to change genders at will and having no discernable difference one way or another.

Whereas a bull and a cow have discernable differences even in real life.
    Jinyu do have more of a justification for having males and females share a model, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    You called them lazy.
    Actually I said laziness/money, as in a combination of the two. Blizzard themselves has stated that they usually don't put a lot of work into different models for NPC races, until they become a focal point of an expansion or become player races. (i.e Worgen)

ZOMG! Did you just assume all their genders?!?!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I think it's because blizzard has very little interest in the rights and equality of women.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There are male's of that species we just haven't seen them they are Incubi. There are a few theories in lore why they haven't appeared one is that they are all slaves on the Succubi home world. The other is that the ritual to summon them has been lost. The other is that all the Incubi have been devoured by the Succubi.
    Devoured as in... ate their dick?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Stop looking for shit to bitch about that isn't there.
    but if SJW do that they realize how empty there life is and might gonna bore themselfs to death !

Probably the same reason as why there are female only races.

7+ Year Old Account
    There were supposed to be female Orges in WoD but that content got cut
    The Jinyu I'm not so sure, could be different sexually then us

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    did you just assume their gender?

Formerly known as Arafal

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dryads are female only as well (specifically mentioned as daughters of Cenarius).

Jinyu being evolved murlocs are "neutral" and probably you separate them if they are called he or she. Also considering that most of these more tribal species follow older civilization its safe to assume that only the male "warriors" come in contact with outsiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    Don't think it's male only, it's just a single model only. Some of the Jinyu has female sounding names too. And female ogres are rare, if I believe, haha
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess overall to save time.

In the case of ogres, probably they stuck with male models simply to save time. Art is supposedly the biggest time sink of creating anything new, so I can see why they wouldn't bother for a minor NPC race. On the other hand, orcs were one of the original NPC races so they've had a lot of years to go back and add them. I guess they just think that's low priority.

In the case of fish dudes, and to a lesser extent the monkey race, I'm not sure the male and female should have a different model. They certainly don't need it. I think I would find talking fish with boobs would be disconcerting, so they might as well save that art time and keep one model for all genders. And, you know, they are fish people in a fantasy world; who knows if they even have gender.

So I guess even thought sometimes it's a little weird, ultimately it's probably the right decision to spend that art time on exciting new stuff than lady ogres.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-06-12 at 04:56 AM. Reason: ogres != orcs

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    What kind of pathetic flame-baiting attempt is this?
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't call it laziness, the game afterall have A LOT of races in the world, can't always think about everything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Crocolisks and sharks in game don't have a gender.

And while I appreciate your attempt at being pedantic, we're clearly talking about the various player/NPC races, not in game mobs/wildlife.
    Well then... How do you tell dwarves apart then?

Why does this have to be related to game development at all, just accept it for what it is.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.