Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    It is more they had untill this point, true. But I think the race deserves more (and I don't even like gnomes, just think it would be fair). You are also correct about the night elves, but I'm mostly talking about continuing to develop characters over expansions. Thrall seems to be phasing out thankfully (no idea if it will last) but you can't deny that there is a very limited list of characters that get to do stuff in every expansion. Or almost every.
    I was thinking of Malfurion, Tyrande, Maiev, Jarod and Kerrilldank-heika actually, and those have been developed over larger periods of time as well. And while I don't disagree with that, there's still more than five and I don't even entirely agree with the five you've picked. Let alone with the idea that killing them off is the only solution. Blizzard writers may just as well use such a development as an opportunity to now develop just four characters to lessen their tremendous workload. Or they replace one character that clogged their faction's spotlight with another, like they did with Varian and Anduin. Which I'm not sure is particularly an upgrade (as an idea, not in relation to these particular characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well if they kill off Sylvanas they have to give the spotlight to another undead. I mean the trolls don't even have their own city so it's easy to hide their lack of faction leader, but you can't pull that off with the Forsaken. And since currently there is nobody to take her place the devs will be forced to develop someone.
    And yet they pulled that off with Orcs for an entire expansion (largely about Orcs, no less). And even after Saurfang finally took up that mantle, it was mostly done as an update on the racial info on their website, without any significant echo in the lore. Killing Sylvanas isn't a guarantee that anything will happen with any other Forsaken. They can very well fester in the lore void.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i pretty sure they will do something like Kerigan 2.0, or something cringe like "i die for the horde cause i love the horde and blablabla" some shit like this
    There already is Kerrilldank-heika in Warcraft. It's obviously Kerrilldank-heika.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    to me, is actualy pretty hard to see a good end in this point with all plot armor and bullshit

and there always a option to put more plot armor, and she become eternal, like any characters die( permanently), but not she
    If there was a story development that made her eternal it wouldn't be plot armor... What is it with people misusing this term?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The real endgame will be Sylvanas pulling out like 5 draw 4 Uno cards and making everyone ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The real endgame will be Sylvanas pulling out like 5 draw 4 Uno cards and making everyone ragequit.
    She defeats genn in game of hearthstone by using broken p2w netdeck ?

7+ Year Old Account
    The (perceived) goal of Sylvanas right now seems to be the carrying on of her race, the Forsaken, into the future.

Given Blizzard's past formula we will probably see a transition of Sylvanas into more desperate attempts to preserve the Forsaken which will lead her to take drastic actions, potentially start doing more "evil" things and almost make you think she is going down the Garrosh-like route of fully blown villain blinded by what she believes if the right thing to do for her faction/race.

However too much time and story has been invested in Sylvanas at this point so perhaps she'll "snap" out of it midway through this darker path and we will have to team up with her to defeat whatever big bad thing she created/started on the way.

Then we'll find out she has been influenced by the Old Gods all a long and *BOOM* instant heat with the primary antagonist of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forsake View Post
    i could've worded that better lol

yeah i mean have her body restored to the way it was when she was alive
    probably not, the more blood on her hands the less likely she gets a happy ending like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There already is Kerrilldank-heika in Warcraft. It's obIf there was a story development that made her eternal it wouldn't be plot armor... What is it with people misusing this term?
    thats right... Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    4 isn't very many, thats kind of the whole point of her actions in Stormheim.
    4 is 4 times more than anyone else has. The best the rest of us can hope for is death followed by resurrection into Sylvanas' army as an underling once.

Quote Originally Posted by forsake View Post
    how do you guys think the writers will finish sylvanas' story arc?

Will she become the bad guy? Return to her old body, all fresh and alive? Or will she somehow manage to take over all of azeroth?

Thoughts?
    dramatic end

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally would love to see blizzard do something involving horde players finding ways to restore her back to her previous state before she became the banshee queen a elf like she was and on alliance side we could help on a quest chain to help jaina find her ways to redeem her hatred for the horde and she can get her sexy blonde hair back again and be kind.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    4 is 4 times more than anyone else has. The best the rest of us can hope for is death followed by resurrection into Sylvanas' army as an underling once.
    I'm not sure what your point is or what debate you're trying to have here?

I'm not sure what your point is or what debate you're trying to have here?
    You're saying that her having 4 Vry'kul, hence the ability to come back from the dead 4 times, isn't a lot. I was just showing you how it is, because, again, it's 4 times more than the rest of us have. 4 Vry'kul with the ability to bring her back and countless more that can bring the living that die back as undead, she's got a lot going for her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    You're saying that her having 4 Vry'kul, hence the ability to come back from the dead 4 times, isn't a lot. I was just showing you how it is, because, again, it's 4 times more than the rest of us have. 4 Vry'kul with the ability to bring her back and countless more that can bring the living that die back as undead, she's got a lot going for her.
    I'm going to be pedantic because you've said it twice now so why not? 4 isn't 4 times more than 0.

Beside that, I was talking about her motivation. It doesn't make any difference whether you, I or any other character in the story thinks that's enough of a defense against oblivion, her actions show that she doesn't. Again, it's her whole reason for being in Stormheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    get jizzed with light by Space Marines to become normal again
    HAHAHA This!

I honestly don't know what to think of Sylvanas anymore. She's almost like Jaina when it comes to her actions and characterizations in one place not being acknowledged in another. Edge of Night established awhile ago that she thought the Forsaken were disgusting and only useful as a shield, but then she spent the next expansion attempting to secure a better place for them. War Crimes ended with her going on a rampage and saying she'll never love again, only for her to do some of her most heroic acts at the beginning of Legion (and imply a relationship with Nathanos). On the other hand, Dark Mirror also had the revelation that Sylvanas was ordering Nathanos to murder her ex-rangers (that had survived the Scourge) for no apparent reason after forming the Forsaken, and there's apparently a Dark Ranger saying that she pulled the very thing that she hated Arthas for on the ones that were killed by the Scourge.

Whether she's a tragic soul who has made some morally ambiguous choices out of desperation, or a hypocritical monster who's managed to mostly dodge scrutiny, seems to vary entirely by what particular arc you're looking at. It makes it really hard to guess where she's going because those two characters should go in very different directions (and the way she has already gone is awkward for both). I feel like they're preparing to confirm the second version of her (largely due to Nathanos' regret), but pretty much every story written about her makes me feel that way only for her next plot to be treated like any other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I hope she dies already, or at the very least resign her position as Warchief, and I heavily doubt she's going to resign her position willingly, so someone will have to Mak'gora her elven butt and you know she won't be honourable about It, Saurfang for Warchief. Cause I can't possibly see any other orc taking that position, not anyone noticeable at any rate. And yes It has to be an orc, screw Vol'jin and Sylvannas, not my Warchiefs.

racist orcs, now i have seen everything

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Develop undead when Blizzard is pushing the "army of light" narative? Maybe as some dumb scenario where you kill them for fun.
    Now I somehow wish we would get an expansion where the light (and its followers) are the bad guys.

Although it will probably not happen, I like to imagine this as the end of Sylvanas' story.

She doesn't die, but instead she goes to take Helya's place as ruler of Helheim. She turns Helheim in to the new Forsaken afterlife, dragging dead Forsaken from the Void and bringing them there to be reborn.

She eventually gets increasingly paranoid, realizing that she could still be killed. Refuge in Helheim didn't save Helya, after all. So she sails the seas of Helheim, far away from the land and only speaking to the Forsaken telepathically, and using skeletal slaves and the Kvaldir (as well as Forsaken players and Nathanos) as instruments of her will.

It all goes full-circle. She becomes like the Lich King. Bound to her throne, and using Undead slaves, telepathy and devoted followers as her only means of interacting with the rest of the world. She also becomes like the new Helya, dragging unworthy souls to Helheim to become Forsaken.

It would be a perfect punishment and reward both in one.

I'm going to be pedantic because you've said it twice now so why not? 4 isn't 4 times more than 0.

Beside that, I was talking about her motivation. It doesn't make any difference whether you, I or any other character in the story thinks that's enough of a defense against oblivion, her actions show that she doesn't. Again, it's her whole reason for being in Stormheim.
    Times as in a number of occurrences, not a multiplicative amount. I can be pedantic too.

I'm not going to go digging through this thread again to find the reason, but I'm sure I never denied her reason for going to Stormheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Now I somehow wish we would get an expansion where the light (and its followers) are the bad guys.
    Wait, they arent?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I personally would love to see blizzard do something involving horde players finding ways to restore her back to her previous state before she became the banshee queen a elf like she was and on alliance side we could help on a quest chain to help jaina find her ways to redeem her hatred for the horde and she can get her sexy blonde hair back again and be kind.
    Jaina hatred for the horde is justified, no need for reedeming it. She tried, horde fucked up again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

Jaina hatred for the horde is justified, no need for reedeming it. She tried, horde fucked up again and again.
    Implying that jaina isn't the one who fucked up. Again and again. Little princes had a crash test with reality and outcome wasn't the best for her.