Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Holy thread necro Batman!
    Its not thread necro, I'm banned 3 weeks per month. At least.

People don't like the Russian government/Putin. Most people have no problem with the Russian people. There's a pretty sizable Russian community here in Sacramento(and suburbs) and I don't recall any issues regarding them. And most of them don't like Putin either.

Deleted
    As a Finn, and the grandson of someone who fought in the war against Russians, I have nothing against decent Russian people who have decent values and do not, for example, treat gay people like trash. Unfortunately though, there are plenty of those kinds of Russians over there across the border, and those are the kind of people I detest, whether Russian, American or whatever their nationality. And, of course, you have to question the sanity and integrity of people who would support an asshole like Putin.

"Phobia" infers fear. There's no fear here. Just all the other feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    What, no deplorables supporting Putin in Russia?!?! interesting...
    It is Mordor controlled by Evil Overlord, the moment you topple him all his evil minions will just wander around being confused! Simple! They'll definitely not get another overlord, potentially worse then the one currently in power!

...in fact Putin is almost exact image of "average Russian". Obviously with some things stuck to him through years in power, but nothing you wouldn't expect any other Russian to get.

...many people also seem to think the same way about Trump. "We'll just get rid of him and everything will be great again!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think Islamophobia is more "real" than Russophobia. Because in Islamophobia, the fear is about the Muslims. The common man.

Whereas in Russophobia, it's targeted towards it's government, not the people of Russia. This is why I think the word is complete bogus to begin with, as is the comparison between these phobias.

One is about the people and the other about politics. That's how I view it, anyway.
    It's hardly about fear when people use Islamaphobia. Since most people that labelled with it are just people critical of the ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post

If they sent me to Alaska here I would rejoice, elaborate on being sent to Siberia?
    well u were stacked like dead animals in (in livestock/ suply trains) sent to gulag camps ( think basicaly auschwitz) or work as slaves in mines , or just droped in middle of no-were in - 40°c and survive

That's hate thought, that's illegal. Hate thought gets you put on a list.
    Depends what country you live in. I would say America has it best though, you are allowed to think it, you are allowed to say it, you are NOT allowed to act on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It is Mordor controlled by Evil Overlord, the moment you topple him all his evil minions will just wander around being confused! Simple! They'll definitely not get another overlord, potentially worse then the one currently in power!

...in fact Putin is almost exact image of "average Russian". Obviously with some things stuck to him through years in power, but nothing you wouldn't expect any other Russian to get.

...many people also seem to think the same way about Trump. "We'll just get rid of him and everything will be great again!"
    And I cant wait to hear the gnashing of teeth when they realize they MAYBE shouldn't have been in such a rush to impeach Trump who (while constantly puts both feet at the same time in his mouth) is willing to make deals and compromise, instead of a fundamentalist in charge who believes its his divine duty to ram christian laws down everyone's throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    There's difference between saying the Russian government influenced the election and calling the Russians a bunch of rapists(although some of them are good people). I'll trust you to figure it out.
    I wouldnt be that trusting. Trumps supporters couldnt figure it out.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Most of the so called russophobia is a direct response to Russia's actions. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I am seriously annoyed at the people who blame absolutely everyone else for their own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    How come no one ever mentions North Korean Phobia? Iran phobia?
    Iran-phobia would be a valid thing to discuss.

Why do western countries condemn Iran but aid Gulf States who sponser terrorism and commit even worse human rights violations

Well there must be because it has been used for a long time to move forward a progressive agenda that apparently doesn't include people that look like me.

- - - Updated - - -

you should have stopped there.

- - - Updated - - -

If they sent me to Alaska here I would rejoice, elaborate on being sent to Siberia?
    That response is so cryptic, I can't even decipher what you are on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Iran-phobia would be a valid thing to discuss.

Why do western countries condemn Iran but aid Gulf States who sponser terrorism and commit even worse human rights violations
    cause the west (IE America and England) poisoned that well. pretty much the only reason really.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Most of the so called russophobia is a direct response to Russia's actions. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I am seriously annoyed at the people who blame absolutely everyone else for their own problems.
    Nonsense. Entire generations of US could citizens have grown up thinking "US good" "Soviets/Russia bad". It's literally ingrained in the culture. You can see it nearly endlessly portrayed in US media, films, video games etc

To think it has no impact is naive

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense. Entire generations of US could citizens have grown up thinking "US good" "Soviets/Russia bad". It's literally ingrained in the culture. You can see it nearly endlessly portrayed in US media, films, video games etc

To think it has no impact is naive
    America has historically needed an enemy, if for no other reason to hold the country together. We exterminated our first enemy as a matter of fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I always find it amusing that everyone is so upset about Russia potentially interfering in our election process, but most likely doesn't bat an eye when the U.S. does it to other countries.
    Sick, well if you want the US to basically be on the same level as some fucking banana republic with sham elections, then we're well on our way!

- - - Updated - - -

Substitute the word Russian with jews or blacks. You will see how hateful you are.
    Russians are not a race, yet again. Is it racist for people to say Americans are dumb? It might be insulting and rude, but it's not racist.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Russians are not a race, yet again. Is it racist for people to say Americans are dumb? It might be insulting and rude, but it's not racist.
    What's the difference between discriminating based on race or on nationality? Both are just arbitrary labels. Either way you're generalizing groups of people to fuel your prejudice.

What's the difference between discriminating based on race or on nationality? Both are just arbitrary labels. Either way you're generalizing groups of people to fuel your prejudice.
    The difference is that we are talking about RUSSIA the country, not all people of Russian descent.
    Beta Club Brosquad

No because it was written into the Constitution that Russia and America are eternal enemies or so says Anderson Cooper and John McCain. The whole idea of the US being friendly with Russia is something no American is supposed to consider possible because Putin is Hitler and if we relax for even a minute they will launch their entire nuclear arsenal at us. I thought that was common knowledge. It seems perfectly rational to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Who is discriminating against Russians??? This thread should be locked.
    Are you kidding?, people are doing it everyday on social media, just check out any politicians twitter feed.

Russians have been a sanctioned proscribed group since the Cold War in the West.

It's definitely heated up since Russia actually improved its lot after Yeltsin's regime. But there's always been a fair amount of Russia hate/fear/ignorance.