Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...did they have no marquee title for XboneX? I was totally expecting it to be Crackdown 3, but that joke of a trailer sure didn't make it look like that.

Really strange, if not...
    I think you saw their big guns. Thats how bad its gotten. Halo 5 was really poison to that brand well, Gears 4 was quickly forgotten, fable is dead along with pretty much every xbox original ip from the last 15 years. They have not got much to ride on thats not multiplatform.

Nobody should want a console to have a solid monopoly but compared to the ps4 the xbox ones 'killer app' line up is getting slimmer by the year. If 2017 stays this dry i honestly wouldnt be surprised to see the Switch start to actually cut into its share of the mainstream consumer market as its library grows and it gets more units on shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think you saw their big guns. Thats how bad its gotten. Halo 5 was really poison to that brand well, Gears 4 was quickly forgotten, fable is dead along with pretty much every xbox original ip from the last 15 years. They have not got much to ride on thats not multiplatform.

Nobody should want a console to have a solid monopoly but compared to the ps4 the xbox ones 'killer app' line up is getting slimmer by the year. If 2017 stays this dry i honestly wouldnt be surprised to see the Switch start to actually cut into its share of the mainstream consumer market as its library grows and it gets more units on shelves.
    How was halo 5 poison exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well the PS4 had a much larger installbase and library of exclusives and i think something like 10% or less made the upgrade and most new buyers still buy the regular PS4. The Xbones catastrophic launch reception and constant slip ups after the fact made its userbase smaller and its active player numbers suggest theres been no massive growth since then. Either most of the existing users that are the 'in for the duraction' brand loyalty consumer buy one or its the same or worse. Either way its not going be a huge gangbusters thing without any sudden increases of 'must play' exclusives. Which in the xbones case are not exclusives since you can get them on the pc which compounds the problem.

I think this is going to end up an expensive and ultimately fruitless experiment for both companies wanting to get that apple model going and that doesnt work for consoles. People want a box that plays games with no maintenance. Not constant upgrades which defeats the point. In the longrun thats bad for the companies wanting to make more money but the consumer does not appear to give two shits at large about mid generation half upgrades. Hopefully it dies with the pro and nu xbone.
    What constant slipups? Since release they have done everything the playerbase has asked and more. Since that e3 they have only improved. Im wondering where these slipups happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    so xbox still won't have exclusives
    But now it has black desert

Why though is anyone's guess
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Probably not since they Gona be showcasing ff7 remake and the expac for 14.
    Was considering buying tickets to go to it,Since it's Gona be open to the public for a change But I can just imagine how all the fanbois are Gona be acting during it.
    We might not even see anything on the FF7 remake tbh.

Not sure i can stay up till the Bethesda's conference, it will be at 5AM here.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    But now it has black desert

Why though is anyone's guess
    BDO is going to be on ps4 also, it's just a timed exclusive.

I don't see how BDO will run on consoles, it has a very high reliace on CPUs and even high end hardware for PCs struggles when there are a lot of players present.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I don't see how BDO will run on consoles, it has a very high reliace on CPUs and even high end hardware for PCs struggles when there are a lot of players present.
    Will be optimised for them to run at 30 FPS I guess. Maybe settings to turn down amount of visible players? Who knows. All I know is timed exclusive or not will be fun to play on XB1 with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason for anyone. Get a pc if you're prepared to spend at least 500 on it. Why gimp yourself
    Believe it or not, there's far more reasons to own a console over a PC than your giving credit for, at least in the sense of you saying "Well you can play these on PC too so why not just get a computer" but anyway you're going dangerously close to the PC vs. Console arguments so we'll just end it here.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2017-06-12 at 01:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    a lot of players present.
    I don't think we'll have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Believe it or not, there's far more reasons to own a console over a PC than your giving credit for, at least in the sense of you saying "Well you can play these on PC too so why not just get a computer"
    This. I don't give two shits about 30 or 60 fps. I can play either just fine. Most of my library for PS4/XB1 is stuff like Fallout 4, GTA 5, MGS5 or to put it simply the AAA games that look badass.

I bought consoles because I want to play on them. And because I'm actually playing less and less on PC these days. Most of my PC stuff is Indie stuff and nothing really intensive.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-12 at 01:14 AM.

I know it was a pipedream but if they'd mentioned a partnership with valve and turning the console into a steam box + xbox I'd have instantly been sold on it or if it was launching with an SSD. As it is, the conference just leaves me feeling like I'll stick with my xbox one OG for a year longer until price drops and I can afford a 4k TV.

I'm certainly enjoying the hate brigade though acting like this was the death of microsoft's xbox division as if it underselling the playstation has any baring on how successful the console itself has actually been. It has outsold the xbox 360 within the same time window.

Also, the console certainly is getting pretty solid exclusives with Metro being the biggest.

Anthem also looking interesting though it'll obviously be cross platform. I can see that game was exactly what andromeda was aiming to be. Kind of weird they'd make 2 such similar games.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2017-06-12 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Not sure i can stay up till the Bethesda's conference, it will be at 5AM here.
    Inb4 you miss Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, ESO base game going free to play and PS Plus/Xbox gold sub being removed from ESO on console.

/dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Inb4 you miss Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, ESO base game going free to play and PS Plus/Xbox gold sub being removed from ESO on console.

/dreams
    Not particularly excited for FO5 after FO4, I hated it.

And if the next Elder Scrolls has FO4 quality then count me out.

Wolfenstein however, I AM PUMPED. TNO was so unexpectedly good.

/dreams
    Only thing i want is ES6 but it wont happen for sure. If really there is a new IP i hope it's good tho.

There's no reason to buy one over a pc anyway. Just make your own pc for that much money
    that much money ? a 500 euro pc ? what a piece of shit pc that would be, an RX 480/580 8gb is already half that price, then you need 250 for a decent cpu + ram + mobo + psu, in what world do you find those pieces for 250 ?

Will be optimised for them to run at 30 FPS I guess. Maybe settings to turn down amount of visible players? Who knows. All I know is timed exclusive or not will be fun to play on XB1 with friends.
    How do you turn the number of visible players down? If one opens PvP you'll be killed by invisible players.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    that much money ? a 500 euro pc ? what a piece of shit pc that would be, an RX 480/580 8gb is already half that price, then you need 250 for a decent cpu + ram + mobo + psu, in what world do you find those pieces for 250 ?
    You can make an awesome PC with 1000€ tho and use it for way more stuff, including more games, than a XB1X. And most people who care already have a gaming PC and keep it up to date.

How do you turn the number of visible players down? If one opens PvP you'll be killed by invisible players.
    Don't know was just a thought. I imagine they will find some way to optimise it. Was just a rough idea and well I'm tired as hell so probably a bad one at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    You can make an awesome PC with 1000€ tho and use it for way more stuff, including more games, than a XB1X. And most people who care already have a gaming PC and keep it up to date.
    And I can buy an external storage for both my consoles and keep loads of stuff on them. Storage for consoles is certainly not an issue if that is what you are referring to by "more games".

Why is the Bethesda conference at midnight, anyway? Too late for most of NA, too early for Europe.