Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

[Megathread] ​Steam Summer Sale 2017 [and other major sites]

​Mod Notes: Don't post to beg for games*, memes (after sale has started), or anything else that can get you infracted.
    *You can try to trade with others if you want (try to use the
    Steam Trade Thread though) just don't go begging for someone to buy a game so you can trade them.

Yup, you guessed it, that time is year is starting to roll around again. Images are starting to pop up suggesting the sale will soon be amongst us. So going to go ahead and start the thread up for people to do preliminary talks, figuring out ways to save their wallets and anymore information we can dig up beforehand. As with the past few sales I'm guessing their will be some "meta game" associated with trading cards again.

So the question is........are you and your wallet ready?

Steam Summer Sale: June 22nd

Sources:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/w...hristmas-deals
    http://www.pcgamer.com/this-years-st...ed-apparently/

As always, take them with a pinch of salt, but it gives everyone a good idea of when to be ready.

(Once other Sites Sales dates are available / I find them I'll add them too)

It might be like last winter sale/summer sale when there were no flash sales and instead the same sale all event long.

Ever since the flash deals were removed, the Steam sales haven't been interesting anymore. That I own pretty much every game I want to play through bundles already, doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Ever since the flash deals were removed, the Steam sales haven't been interesting anymore. That I own pretty much every game I want to play through bundles already, doesn't help either.
    Exactly. I know its technically "better" since you don't wake up the next morning to see that the game you bought on -20% is -50% now, but there is no exciting factor anymore. That and I also own pretty much everything through bundles (except newest releases, but its not like they are gonna be more than -10% on sale).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit Lucetia, a month away, you got my hopes up!

<3

I have 25-ish games back on my wishlist, some not out yet, so if I can knock a few out, then ok. Far as triple A titles, Tales of Berseria and Nier I'm hoping get good discounts. Also wanna get the first Injustice for cheap, since I saw gameplay of the second game and it looks fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Am i ready ? Yes.
    Is my wallet ready ? As a matter of fact it is.
    Am i hyped ? Not really.

As many others said, without flash sales it will be quick glance on games i want only to realise that -20% from 60$ isnt that much (see ya at winter sale), and then i will end up picking few smaller games i still dont own.

That and last steam sale i probably went a little too far and bought majority of what i wanted for a long time, so this time its mostly "will nier automata be -50%" (spoilers: it probably wont).

Why bother with steam sales anymore, many games on sale nowadays are more expensive than they were during the golden years.
    Just let the damn hype die so we get good deals again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with the price of the games...

...the problem is I can't find anything I'd like to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I'm only looking for bayonetta and vanquish currently. I need to upgrade my pc anyway first, and then im waiting for other stuff like Secret World re-release and Dauntless.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Well, i keep adding a couple of games a year to my wishlist to just see them rot because i keep adding games i'm more interested in. Think about it, i have Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin still and it never went close to what i'd pay for it now (less than 7€) and i will never have the time to tackle a game like that and finish it.
    Same for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1, the sequel just came out.
    GTA V is still there too, from release, and i'm playing other open world games (Borlderlands 2 and Sleeping Dogs) and i will get fatigue from just completing both of them, so another good game in wishlist hell.

What am i doing with my wishlist?

Beside, i just pushed Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Turok 1 and Resident Evil REmaster on top three games to buy next sale, i just know they are all games short enough to enjoy and of my 100% liking.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, Steam sales haven't been doing it for me for awhile. Greenman is where I get most of my PC games.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Steam sales haven't been good (from my perspective) for awhile now. Sales aren't exciting because they're static throughout the event, and they're not even great deals anymore, relatively speaking.

Dammit, my wallet took a big hit already.

Just stocked up on some quality titles from GoG.

Forgotten Realms Archive 1- All three Eye of the Beholder games for $3.29!!!!
    Dark Sun series- $3.29
    Xanadu Next- $9.99 Spiritual sequel from X-Seed of the legendary Faxanadu from the NES.
    SWAT 3 Tatical Game of the Year edition-$2.49

Also holding out hope for some deep discounts when the Steam sale kick offs, looking for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Nier, all Half Life 2 episodes, and Tekken 7, fingers crossed on Tekken...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Just stocked up on some quality titles from GoG.

Forgotten Realms Archive 1- All three Eye of the Beholder games for $3.29!!!!
    Dark Sun series- $3.29
    Xanadu Next- $9.99 Spiritual sequel from X-Seed of the legendary Faxanadu from the NES.
    SWAT 3 Tatical Game of the Year edition-$2.49

Also holding out hope for some deep discounts when the Steam sale kick offs, looking for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Nier, all Half Life 2 episodes, and Tekken 7, fingers crossed on Tekken...
    Given how new tekken is, i doubt it'll be much more than a 10% cut, but I guess we'll see :3

hear hear.

on 1200 games here,. got most of the chaff by now,.
    the flash deals with 90+% discount were nice,.

Now,. summer sale is just,. meh.
    The last game i bought directly from steam was,.. uh.. uhm,.. I think... no wait... maybe it was...
    can't remeber.

Great, after seeing there is a new Metro game coming... i think i'll add the redux package on my buy list for next sale. I played the original and i kinda liked it, but i want to try the remaster version of 2033 and Last Light for the first time.... I'm a weak willed individual.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I do understand the reason behind they aint doing the flash sale anymore, but it just mehhh :/ no excitement for steam sale anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Exactly. I know its technically "better" since you don't wake up the next morning to see that the game you bought on -20% is -50% now, but there is no exciting factor anymore. That and I also own pretty much everything through bundles (except newest releases, but its not like they are gonna be more than -10% on sale).
    To be fair, it was known information to only buy games that were part of the daily, flash or community choice sales. If you didn't know that then you didn't put enough research into how steam sales work.

Just a reminder to everyone that the Steam Sale should be starting in T-minus 5.5 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just a reminder to everyone that the Steam Sale should be starting in T-minus 5.5 hours.
    Today isn't the 22nd.