Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The answer can be summed up in three words.

Haters gonna hate
    For you, "Defenders gonna defend".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Can't really call it a strawman with an absurd argument of the like that you are making. Your entire argument it doesn't matter what a person does they'll always be a good person if someone agrees with them.
    That's exactly a strawman.

My point is not that someone can't do bad actions. My point is that someone cannot be good or bad since every action has a reason behind it. Only when you understand the motivation can you truly say if someone has a tendency to want to do good, or a tendency to want to do bad.

Sadly, being a conservative does not make you a bad person. Even if you really really wish so in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I can hate someone for being a terrible human being. I listed many reasons why I consider him to be a terrible human being. Admitting to sexual assault, screwing average people out of money and property, and being a peeping Tom on teenage girls definitely qualifies in my book. Now, as for the source I posted, feel free to actually refute what was posted, and not just complain about the source itself. That is being intellectually dishonest, and willfully ignorant.

My opinion has been based on Trump's own words and actions. I'm not sure why you are having a hard time on that. I've backed it up. At this point, it's clear you are trying to bait.

If you want to support someone like that, be my guest. I don't tend to want to hang out with selfish thieves and sexual predators. I'm crazy like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more than willing to hate someone who steals money and property from people, admits to sexual assault, sexualizes his daughter, and barges in on teenage girls while they are naked.

Deflectors gonna deflect.
    Yeah, I see. You're the type of people who look at actions and disregard motives. Or when you do, you give extremely simple motives that are so far from reality that it's almost impossible.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

My point is not that someone can't do bad actions. My point is that someone cannot be good or bad since every action has a reason behind it. Only when you understand the motivation can you truly say if someone has a tendency to want to do good, or a tendency to want to do bad.

Sadly, being a conservative does not make you a bad person. Even if you really really wish so in secret.
    Saying "But he's a conservative!" doesn't justify bad actions.

Yeah, I see. You're the type of people who look at actions and disregard motives. Or when you do, you give extremely simple motives that are so far from reality that it's almost impossible.
    I lok at actions, and listen to the stated motives by the individual. I'm taking his own words, as well as his actions into account. If you don't like it, blame Trump. He;s the one who said/did them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is not a conservative, he is a plutocrat. Plutocracy is objectively bad for the country, regardless how good the person might be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Saying "But he's a conservative!" doesn't justify bad actions.
    Yeah, he became a conservative, after wanting Oprah to run with him on a third party ticket, that would have been more liberal than Clinton or Gore. I guess 'but, he is an opportunist!' doesn't have the same ring to it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Considering that the post you originally replied to was not directed at you, but you took offence to it by saying I should read your post again....

you sound offended
    it was a post where you were quoting me how am i not supposed to take it as not being directed at me?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, he became a conservative, after wanting Oprah to run with him on a third party ticket, that would have been more liberal than Clinton or Gore. I guess 'but, he is an opportunist!' doesn't have the same ring to it...
    There are people out there who like to insult conservatives. Apparently hating mexicans is all the qualifications Trump needs to be a conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    it was a post where you were quoting me how am i not supposed to take it as not being directed at me?
    You took offence to something that was directed to Trump supporters. You said you were not a trump supporter.

So why take offence to it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    You took offence to something that was directed to Trump supporters. You said you were not a trump supporter.

So why take offence to it?
    i didnt take offence to it thats the part you cant seem to understand you seemed to have missed the point completely that i dont support him but its fucking hilarious to me the shit storm over some of the shit he does
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i didnt take offence to it thats the part you cant seem to understand you seemed to have missed the point completely that i dont support him but its fucking hilarious to me the shit storm over some of the shit he does
    So even though you knew the comment was not directed at you, you had to reply to it, and say i need to read more because.......?

You couldn't tell that it was a joke and you took offence to that.

Just give up mate, stop embarrassing yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    They are empty shells who believe whatever Fox and Republicans tell them to believe.
    Yeah, that's Trumper's in a nutshell.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, that's Trumper's in a nutshell.
    I think a lot of the rhetoric from Trump's support talking about the hate from others is actually something very common. I think everyone has gone to school with a spoiled kid, who believes they are a special snowflake. Where grades coming in as failure, is not because you never went to school on the subject or that you never had experience, but because the grader hates you. That is literally what is happening with Trump. The guy has no credentials in public office and is screwing up as a result. Pointing out that Trump is acting like a normal person would, while lacking any and all experience, isn't hate. Trump isn't something that he claims every coal worker isn't, in his ability to pick up a new career without any training.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The lazyness of people this days to open a book and read about something is the key thing to the hate about trump.

It is very easy to read someone opinion about something and belive that is the absolutely true.

He is a terrible president? Form your own opinions trying to understand his actions even if they are completely wrong, stop vomit jornalist opinion and use your own brain to understand the world.

He stole from children with cancer.

He stole from veterans.

He's insulted POW's, the Pope, and pretty much anyone that hasn't sworn loyalty to him...

and then he made those that DID swear loyalty look like fools every day when he contradicts them on twitter.

He's routinely insulted the intelligence of his "followers".

He's not a "showman", he's like any reality show star... a car wreck that people can't help but rubberneck and watch....

All he is is insults and lies, and it only exposes the ignorance of the average person that he managed to buy his way into office.

Quote Originally Posted by permp View Post
    He is a terrible president? Form your own opinions trying to understand his actions even if they are completely wrong, stop vomit jornalist opinion and use your own brain to understand the world.
    I think you're ignoring the possibility that we did form our own opinions based on what he's been saying over the last 8 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by permp View Post
    The lazyness of people this days to open a book and read about something is the key thing to the hate about trump.

It is very easy to read someone opinion about something and belive that is the absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I think you're ignoring the possibility that we did form our own opinions based on what he's been saying over the last 8 months.
    Yeah, we all watched the speeches and read his stupid tweets...also, it's not like he's some unknown. We all knew what Trump was like, before he decided to run for office.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Personally I think he is a giant douchebag his track record speaks for itself, he's cheated on all his wives, treats people horribly and no bar is too low. The breaking point for me was when Trump attacked a dead soldier's family, there are some lines you shouldn't cross and Trump has no problem breaking them at mach speed. As the president I think he is a national embarrassment, he spends too much time as Donald Trump reality super star and not president for all citizens. In the past you could disagree with republican presidents on policy and social issues but with Trump it's way beyond that.

Not to mention he's a massive liar. Like the politician he is, he even lies about stuff he doesn't need to lie about like it not raining during his speech at his inauguration, saying something like (I paraphrase) "God looked down and said I'm not going to let it rain." Like wtf, I was there on the mall that day. It rained on his little speech. Dude just lies right to your face. And folks thought they weren't getting a politician. Ha. In addition to what you mention on the adultery, he's said straight up he doesn't ask god for forgiveness. An adulterous, unrepentant liar... who is, oddly enough, supported by much of the religious right. TBH, I agree with some of Trump's stuff, but one thing I like above all is him leading much of the right, especially religious right, astray as they gleefully clap and egg him on thinking this is some new dawn that is sustainable going forward. It's not. It's just the death throes or last hurrah of a way of life and worldview that is rapidly dying in the West and will soon enough be relegated to the history books.
    Last edited by Teraparte; 2017-06-12 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    hello, i see so many people hating on him but why?? he is a showman because most presidents are reserved, i think its because he says things in blunt way and he isn't very presidential but they can't argue with a single thing he is doing because its the same as obama.

when the press says stuff about trump, its not about things they think is really bad, its about rumours, all kinds of garbage talk. the point is he is doing the same shit but has very different style to any president in a long time, most presidents do the fake smiles and talk nicely while they blow up 100's of thousands of people.

im not trump supporter but why hate the man.

my question is to you people, whats your take on this hate?? are people overreacting abit??
    Because he is pathological liar and con man.

He is sabotaging the ACA, ripping health insurance from 23M people, ending and reversing climate action, pulled out of the Paris Accords, has a budget of draconian cuts for the poor and tax cuts for the rich. That makes him a threat to the lives of millions of people, and the entire planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I can hate someone for being a terrible human being. I listed many reasons why I consider him to be a terrible human being. Admitting to sexual assault, screwing average people out of money and property, and being a peeping Tom on teenage girls definitely qualifies in my book. Now, as for the source I posted, feel free to actually refute what was posted, and not just complain about the source itself. That is being intellectually dishonest, and willfully ignorant.

My opinion has been based on Trump's own words and actions. I'm not sure why you are having a hard time on that. I've backed it up. At this point, it's clear you are trying to bait.

If you want to support someone like that, be my guest. I don't tend to want to hang out with selfish thieves and sexual predators. I'm crazy like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more than willing to hate someone who steals money and property from people, admits to sexual assault, sexualizes his daughter, and barges in on teenage girls while they are naked.

Deflectors gonna deflect.
    Or you can simply choose to dislike them my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Or you can simply choose to dislike them my friend.
    Which is what I did, and I backed it up with a litany of examples.