The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, Lyft is proving quite lucrative.

If I keep up the pace I'm doing, I'll definitely be upgrading my DSLR to a full frame, either 5D Mark IV or 1DX Mark II, gotta decide if I want the extra battery power and speed among other features for another, wait for it: $2,500.

Also, will definitely upgrade my computer, more than likely. Potentially a full overhaul.

Also, want to fully invest in my Roth IRA this year, (so $5,500 for the tax year, I have until next April tax day) and be able to afford to put in more in the 401k and if things are really going far too well, I'll open up a Traditional IRA for funds beyond the $5,500, as well as a normal savings account for a shitty day emergency.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I see all these professional monitors being announced and revealed by not Eizo, and still they use the crappy ones. Laaaame

On another note, minecraft on mobile got an update that crashes a lot and bad performance/battery, yay.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-02 at 11:14 PM.

Bought a new mouse, the Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB.
    Reviews complained that it was too big, I think it's too tiny >.>
    http://i.imgur.com/QdF4sWg.jpg
    Also, oh my god need to clean the mouse pad. That's what I get for eating at the desk and then leaving home with the window open for two weeks.

EDIT: My G400 was having the same identical issue my old MX518 had (cord got too loose, lost connection a lot), so that was a good reason to get a new one, or so I thought.
    Found it for 30 EUR on eBay which was a steal, so I thought why not.
    Interesting so far, but the software is wonky. I had to find a much older version to get it to launch at all, the newer one didn't work with the firmware out-of-the-box, just stuck in a loop.
    Profile Switch button doesn't seem to work in all profiles (lol), but I can select profiles manually in the GUI. I think.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2017-06-09 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Corsair mice that I've tried in store always felt too big for me. Don't know about their software though. I've used Logitech for the most part. G502 is one of my favorites at the moment and G900 I got from my cousin works pretty damn well but it doesn't fit as well as the 502 for me. Still, really like the wireless and its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Bought a new mouse, the Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB.
    Reviews complained that it was too big, I think it's too tiny >.>
    http://i.imgur.com/QdF4sWg.jpg
    Also, oh my god need to clean the mouse pad. That's what I get for eating at the desk and then leaving home with the window open for two weeks.
    I've never used a Naga-esque mouse, but it seems to me that they'd be a bit unwieldy. Fast, precision button presses on a device you're likely also moving at the same time? Ack. I often pick up my mouse between my thumb and pinky / ring fingers, so I'd be accidentally clicking there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The Corsair mice that I've tried in store always felt too big for me. Don't know about their software though. I've used Logitech for the most part. G502 is one of my favorites at the moment and G900 I got from my cousin works pretty damn well but it doesn't fit as well as the 502 for me. Still, really like the wireless and its performance.
    I upgraded from a failing MX510 to a Proteus Core about a year ago, and it is a lot more comfortable than I was expecting it to be. The only two gripes I have are occasionally mis-click the sensitivity buttons and the clicking the mouse wheel feels pretty bad. I try to avoid wheel clicking whenever possible, but my recent foray into Divinity Original Sin has forced me to use it more often to look around the environment. I need to see if I can rebind that to something else.

On a different note, @evn, thanks for previously linking the lobste.rs forum. There are a lot of interesting articles linked there, and the discussions (when they happen) have been high quality, too. Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I've never used a Naga-esque mouse, but it seems to me that they'd be a bit unwieldy. Fast, precision button presses on a device you're likely also moving at the same time? Ack. I often pick up my mouse between my thumb and pinky / ring fingers, so I'd be accidentally clicking there, too.

I upgraded from a failing MX510 to a Proteus Core about a year ago, and it is a lot more comfortable than I was expecting it to be. The only two gripes I have are occasionally mis-click the sensitivity buttons and the clicking the mouse wheel feels pretty bad. I try to avoid wheel clicking whenever possible, but my recent foray into Divinity Original Sin has forced me to use it more often to look around the environment. I need to see if I can rebind that to something else.

On a different note, @evn, thanks for previously linking the lobste.rs forum. There are a lot of interesting articles linked there, and the discussions (when they happen) have been high quality, too. Good stuff.
    I've had one.

The Corsair M90. It gave me nothing but problems, ffs, I've NEVER had static electricity in my house, so consistantly from ONE DAMNED THING and this mouse, it never fucking ceased with shocking me and then restarting itself, for obvious reasons. I tried everything. It was poorly built. That's my final answer. Never touched one or any Naga-esque since.

My friends who had Nagas and the like? Most have also had problems.

This Sensei RAW I've had now for how many years? Flawless. The Sensei RAW I got for my laptop? Flawless. Wonderful.

Hell, the Razer Death Adder I bought back in 2009? Still works wonderfully.
    "A flower.

Totally get that and that was one of my original complaints of the Naga itself (of which there were numerous).
    The fact that I am a leftie to such a degree makes my right hand's fine motor skills inprecise and jerky, and also slower to react.
    Lifting is actually not much of an issue. The mechanical keys require a bit more force to actuate than the Nagas (something I specifically looked at) and the balance is better imo, so you can pick it up with just the palm and right-side grips. I add the thumb for a slightly more balanced pick-me-up. Trying to pick me the mouse up the way you describe it right now actually made it difficult to simultaneously click them, even whilst lifting with the grid-area.

But it is amazing for shortcuts in editting programs, I'll tell you that much. Wow? I haven't really tried yet.
    But since I do a lot of arenas, I'm sure /use [@arena1,nodead][] Paralysis and /use [@party1,nodead] Life Cocoon et c will come in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of mouse.
    http://news.logitech.com/press-relea...y-charging-sys

This'll be interesting. Really wonder how the charging system works, cause it's not Qi (I hope not). Magnetic charging system on a mouse pad sounds like a terribly (even if it's hilarious) bad idea.

I, on the other hand, really hope it's magnetic. Imagine how easy it would be to slide the mouse around. Such a breeze. (although, I do not know how it would behave on a near-frictionless/negative friction material nor if it would be possible)

10+ Year Old Account
    I, on the other hand, really hope it's magnetic. Imagine how easy it would be to slide the mouse around. Such a breeze. (although, I do not know how it would behave on a near-frictionless/negative friction material nor if it would be possible)
    I completely failed to read this part. Well, when I was thinking magnet, was more due the Qi function of working. It needs some hefty wires / magnets to get that working. Don't think it'd go over so well on a mouse pad.
    The wireless charging system uses a groundbreaking application of electromagnetic resonance that creates an energy field above POWERPLAY's 275 x 320mm surface to deliver wireless power without interfering with the precise tracking and data transmission of high-performance gaming mice.
    Technically a magnet, but functioning different from Qi's induction.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-12 at 11:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @DeltrusDisc You have a GTX...1970?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    @DeltrusDisc You have a GTX...1970?
    Oh man, it keeps on going. XD

(It's a 970, was a typo. Didn't realize it till someone pointed it out and laughed and have left it.)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45923703
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2017-06-14 at 07:04 PM.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Corsair M90. It gave me nothing but problems, ffs, I've NEVER had static electricity in my house, so consistantly from ONE DAMNED THING and this mouse, it never fucking ceased with shocking me and then restarting itself, for obvious reasons. I tried everything. It was poorly built. That's my final answer. Never touched one or any Naga-esque since.
    Static shocks from a mouse? Now that's a new one to me! Damn, that's... "impessive."

But it is amazing for shortcuts in editting programs, I'll tell you that much. Wow? I haven't really tried yet.
    But since I do a lot of arenas, I'm sure /use [@arena1,nodead][] Paralysis and /use [@party1,nodead] Life Cocoon et c will come in handy.
    I can definitely see that. I was running out convenient keybinds when I still played WoW. I ended up mouse clicking low priority / infrequent things like pots. One thing I dreaded were fights with Extra Action Buttons because I didn't have a free key for it, and they typically are pretty important. (Thank you, Iskaar Assist!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Static shocks from a mouse? Now that's a new one to me! Damn, that's... "impessive."

I can definitely see that. I was running out convenient keybinds when I still played WoW. I ended up mouse clicking low priority / infrequent things like pots. One thing I dreaded were fights with Extra Action Buttons because I didn't have a free key for it, and they typically are pretty important. (Thank you, Iskaar Assist!)
    Dude, I about went crazy. It drove me fucking nuts. Multiple times PER DAY. wbhnerogaesnghleibnhgoewinhew
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, it keeps on going. XD

(It's a 970, was a typo. Didn't realize it till someone pointed it out and laughed and have left it.)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45923703
    Its not going to bother me...it is not going to bother me....I just have to wait till 2025 for it to come true...I can wait....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, if rumors are true, NVidia are planning on going 1080 -> 2080 -> 3080.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, if rumors are true, NVidia are planning on going 1080 -> 2080 -> 3080.
    Fuck it lets go to infinity and beyond then!..... Really they need to stick to a naming scheme and stick with it so people understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Fuck it lets go to infinity and beyond then!..... Really they need to stick to a naming scheme and stick with it so people understand it.
    Aye, I hear ya! It's getting really old, really quick.

Hell, imagine if all the companies just used YEARS THE GPUs LAUNCHED as a part of the naming? Then crappy retail stores wouldn't be able to keep trying to sell RADEN 5450s FOR $60 OR WHATEVER.

Yeah, I still see those on occasion. XD

NVidia GTX 2017-A
    2017-B
    2017-C
    2017-A2
    2017-B2
    2017-C2

This is just a simple idea, not fully fleshed out, but like "A" class cards would be like Titans or maybe 1080 Tis. A2 would be like this is the second one to come out this year, better than the first.

This way, no one can be taken advantage of and sold a 2010 card as if it's brand spanking new. It may still be new in the box... but that's not okay.
    "A flower.

Aye, I hear ya! It's getting really old, really quick.

Hell, imagine if all the companies just used YEARS THE GPUs LAUNCHED as a part of the naming? Then crappy retail stores wouldn't be able to keep trying to sell RADEN 5450s FOR $60 OR WHATEVER.

Yeah, I still see those on occasion. XD

NVidia GTX 2017-A
    2017-B
    2017-C
    2017-A2
    2017-B2
    2017-C2

This is just a simple idea, not fully fleshed out, but like "A" class cards would be like Titans or maybe 1080 Tis. A2 would be like this is the second one to come out this year, better than the first.

This way, no one can be taken advantage of and sold a 2010 card as if it's brand spanking new. It may still be new in the box... but that's not okay.
    And then they keep calling their flagship card the "Titan X"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And then they keep calling their flagship card the "Titan X"
    Waiting for Titan Vista.