Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The level of power inflation in the game is just stupid. If you go back and look at imperator mar'gok, people were doing 30k on the world first. Now, we're pushing 1 million 1 expansion and a tier later.

They seem desperate to give us reasons to stay subbed continuously, and continuously power creep seems to be their answer.

The problem is that the power inflation quickly nerfs any content they release into oblivion. It's just terrible design.
    Stupid post is stupid, the people to blame for the power inflation is the players themselves, we have so many tiers and we jump 50 item levels per tier -because of the players-, whether its the LFR trash, or the Mythic raider.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-11 at 03:55 PM.

A stat squish isn't what is needed. Linear stat progression is needed. Obviously there will always be a bit of problems with stat increase when it comes to tiers at the same level, but the main issue we have now is all the numbers being out of control. It started with the release of TBC, because Blizzard cared more about money than anything else, so they wanted to make the stat increase on gear look overwhelming to encourage people to buy the expansion. When they use the same trick expansion after expansion, it gets hard to maintain a well balanced system. The Blizzard fanboys will quote some responses from Blues about them wanting to make gear upgrades feel meaningful and blah blah blah, but its all about money. They can stat squish every expansion if they want, wont fix the problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The HP increase of Cataclysm was intentional though, it wasn't just an ilvl jump. They wanted healing to be less "spam your fastest heals or they'll die", so they increased base HP.
    But it was where the problem first started because the "lets have multiple difficulties and multiple item levels" also had already been accepted and started to show.

I remember it because of when i finished the first quest and was rewarded a 272 item level, compared to leveling the 2 previous expansion where you would be rewarded same item level as the last raid tier at around the last 2 levels or the last level, not the first quest of the expansion.

I always had pretty much BiS gear in Vanilla/TBC(Not actually BiS, just high item level)/WOTLK, stopped raiding seriously after that, i remember each expansion cause i also beta tested the first two, didnt bother with Cata despite being invited also.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-11 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    But it was where the problem first started because the "lets have multiple difficulties and multiple item levels" also had already been accepted and started to show.

I remember it because of when i finished the first quest and was rewarded a 272 item level, compared to leveling the 2 previous expansion where you would be rewarded same item level as the last raid tier at around the last 2 levels or the last level, not the first quest of the expansion.
    Pretty sure that was because of the catchup mechanics WoLK had. Nobody that played by the end of WoLK had gear that was around T7 gear, unless they'd recently gotten to 80. Everyone that did any raids at all did ICC.

Pretty sure that was because of the catchup mechanics WoLK had. Nobody that played by the end of WoLK had gear that was around T7 gear, unless they'd recently gotten to 80. Everyone that did any raids at all did ICC.
    Not sure what you are confusing, the way ICC was made, literally everyone was running around in 251+ item level, i dont remember anyone not having around 260 item level on The Maelstrom, and it wasnt a famous server cause Scrubusters werent famous yet from the last casual to the HC raider, PvP freebies helped with that, remember?

The BiS gear in ICC was 277 , around 278 with a LK weapon, first quest, 272 item level.

Now look at TBC and WoTLK leveling, if you were wearing BiS gear from raiding you wouldnt replace it till 70/80 accordingly cause the scaling was fine.

In Cataclysm leveling, at 80.5 level, aka 30mins into leveling you already had better gear rewarded than ICC HC, (Sockets made you still wear the ICC gear) but you get my point i hope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm not seeing 100k dps. ICC also gave players like what, a 35% damage buff?
    Click Heroic 25 you numbskull.

- - - Updated - - -

How so? We're not the ones designing the game.
    We are the ones whining about "I WANNA RAID TOO, WITHOUT INVESTING TIME",thats 7 years ago, but there is a reason we reached into having 4 difficulties, and 50 item levels scaling each raid, instead of 13.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Not sure what you are confusing, the way ICC was made, literally everyone was running around in 251+ item level, i dont remember anyone not having around 260 item level on The Maelstrom, and it wasnt a famous server cause Scrubusters werent famous yet from the last casual to the HC raider, PvP freebies helped with that, remember?

The BiS gear in ICC was 277 , around 278 with a LK weapon, first quest, 272 item level.

Now look at TBC and WoTLK leveling, if you were wearing BiS gear from raiding you wouldnt replace it till 70/80 accordingly cause the scaling was fine.
    Did you not understand my post? The only thing I talked about was WHY Cata had the higher ilvl gear from the starting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    We are already going back into the millions yet again, do we need another stat squish for the next expansion? I feel like it makes no sense to half the damage just to see it go back two expansions later. Or could there be a more permanent solution? I can't think of any, but maybe anyone of you has an idea?
    They said already they're doing another squish after Legion. Why are you posting this useless question that's already been answered?

TBC servers almost always have the talents that came later. Initially you may have done 200 DPS, but you wouldn't do that with the later upgrades.
    Warlock in vanilla easily does 500 with just mc/pre mc gear.

I don't be mind where the damage is now that were far into Legion, but I don't like where it was in WoD/early Legion and I won't like where it will be after Legion without another squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I have problems with them making it crazily exponential to begin with. We don't need this kind of power creep. In XIV we are barely at the tens of thousands of health for players and probably won't see more than 100k with the SB expansion. Going from Wrath to Cata saw tank health go from 30k at end game to close to 300k at end game and in MoP it only got worse. (For reference and memories sake, MoP rare mobs had about 5 million health. Sound familiar?)

we've gone from a squish in Draenor, out scaled that and now we are on fast tracks for another scale down an expansion later. What a boring solution to a problem they could fix by taking it slowly.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Warlock in vanilla easily does 500 with just mc/pre mc gear.
    Those people on private servers sure figured the game out. Our server first patchwerk kill only had 6 people above 500 and I had 400 as imp bitch warlock.

Next xpac for sure yeah
    I hope they squish it hard this time,like lets say the level cap next xpac is like 120 I would like a fresh 120 tank to have like 35k HP
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

blizzard stated some time after the first squish that they think exponential powergain is required so people notice their gear improvements.
    while true, personally i still prefer linear gains so we don't end up one-hitting random world mobs. having a world without ANY "challenge" is plain boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It was pretty close to 10x in BC actually. A fresh level 70 might be doing like 200 dps in dungeons and they were doing like 2k by sunwell.
    What? 200 dps at level 70? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

As Heroic raiders, our top dps peaked at around 100k for Warlords. I fully expect it to peak over 2m dps for Legion. 20x increase over the previous expansion. Without a limitation on this growth, next expansion Heroic raiders would top out at 40 million... the one after that would break 1 billion dps for Mythic raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    because at the rate we're going armor from vanilla/bc/wrath will all have the exact same stat values and leveling up for new players will feel SUPER odd (even more so than it already does, i mean)
    I'm curious what makes you think that Vanilla to Wrath (or Cata) will see any sort of change with another squish. They've already been scaled to linear levels. It's Mists/WoD(/ maybe Legion) that would be scaled with another squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    They said already they're doing another squish after Legion. Why are you posting this useless question that's already been answered?
    For the same reason you are telling me this although someone else has already posted this earlier. Rekt.

Can if they want, I don't pay attention to the numbers on my screen, who does that? I'll look at numbers after combat and 8 digit numbers aren't too much to deal with lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    blizzard stated some time after the first squish that they think exponential powergain is required so people notice their gear improvements.
    while true, personally i still prefer linear gains so we don't end up one-hitting random world mobs. having a world without ANY "challenge" is plain boring.
    Keep the "challenge" in the current content. I don't want a challenge as a level 110 in a level 30 zone doing quests for xmog.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Blizzard would never agree with me but I believe we need to get rid of the exponential power gains we have right now. Doing 1.5-2 times more damage at the end of an expansion compared to the beginning more than suffices IMO!

But yeah, that won't happen. We'll most likely see a squish every two expansions...
    1.5-2x? We're already at 4-5x the power of a fresh 110.

OT: I guarantee you we will see another squish in 8.0's pre-expansion patch. If not, then Blizzard actually chose to massively upgrade the servers (I give a < 0.0000000001% chance of that happening because it'd be very expensive) to handle the higher numbers and everything.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

IMO:

Either don't do a squish.

or

Do a huge one. Like really take us back to vanilla levels.