7+ Year Old Account
    it was a comp match on oasis, played pharah.
    all went fine, even opened the fight with booping their soldier off the map.
    we got the point and held it till 50%.

then for some reason both of our healers refused to heal anyone but rein.
    zen didnt seem to even know i actually exist, and our mercy was both blind and deaf.

we lost the round, then i asked if i may play a support instead, mercy said ok and switched off.
    i switched to ana and moments after the door opened and we started running, our zen also switched off, and left me solo heal the team.
    as ana.
    yes.
    left me, ana, solo heal a team with a tracer begging for heals in the backlines, a winston that doesnt seem to understand that my heals do NOT make him invincible against 5 different players while focusing the tanks (yes, tanks! not healers or squishier targets or anything but TANKS!), a full health soldier that doesnt get that ana's darts dont magically fly through you if you are full on health. (seriously, im trying to heal winston and that asshat just jumps straight in front of my face making me shoot him instead of winston, as if i wasnt there).

we also had a genji and a d.va, but they were just somewhere on the map.

lost round again, next round winston changed to rein and kept charging in on the point with no backup whatsoever.
    later in the round, genji switched to widow and d.va to hanzo.
    i gave up and just stood in the spawn as i watched everyone jump into flames.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Did i now?
    The victory flashed up on the screen so i clicked leave game. There was no red box, there was no "ok" to click. It just took me back to the main menu like it always does.
    you are supposed to wait until AFTER the victory/defeat screen.
    as its always been.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    you are supposed to wait until AFTER the victory/defeat screen.
    as its always been.
    As was mentioned by somebody else, if you leave early you are supposed to get the warning saying you will be penalized. The Victory screen had appeared and was fading and i went back to my menu. There was no warning saying i was leaving early and i have left games at that point in the past and not been punished for doing so.

So far because of the double xp weekend it has been a mixed bag. Either with the mm setting me against a rolfstomp team or on games that have like 5 seconds left, constantly. Would be nice if Blizz locked games that are about to be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Don't really have issue with Pharmercy(I can play a pretty mean hitscan) but Hanzo, since the update, seems insanely broken to me.

But then again I don't play him so maybe I'm being biased here; however, I'm always far more weary of him than the hit-scanning Widow which I find odd.
    Hanzo is weird. I'm terrible at sniping and cannot play Widowmaker effectively. On Hanzo, though, I still can't play effectively but seem to get a lot of weird one shot kills. Both in terms of headshots and scatter arrows. I feel very guilty when it happens too. I'd love for scatter arrow to be reworked into a persistent AoE that deals damage to whoever stands in it. It'd be better for area denial - especially at chokepoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I want QM to evolve from how you perceive it. For it to better mirror comp but w/o the pressure of placements, tiers, sr, climbing, losing streaks, etc. Depending on how serious Kaplan was with his statement regarding cosmetics in comp, allowing players to earn comp points in QM (at a lower rate + no end of season reward) could be a way of drawing players out of comp who really don't want to be there. I think it should be more than a place to practice heroes and winning.

Unranked and Ranked modes perhaps. Move QM to the Arcade. I do like the shorter matches, though... Could be a way to get more comp point cosmetic items too (again, depending on how serious Kaplan's statement was).

Anywho, just tossing ideas out. I've been playing pretty hard this week, steadily climbing up the plat chain. Hit another all-time high tonight. Good times. I took Monday off so I can take advantage of this bonus xp weekend because it turns out I have quite of a lot of stuff left to get (two skins and a bunch of dances). Naturally I have like 1k gold to my name
    I don't want QM in arcade, I don't like that mode being tainted with needing to win to get rewards. What happens in mayhem when people are on attack? Smart people leave match because 90% of the time defence wins. If someone on enemy gets flag first people leave, why fight for it when you can requeue to get another shot at a team that will win. I want people to stay in the match because they want to practice winning, or just have fun winning, not because they want a reward and then leave when it isnt going their way.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Finally reached Diamond again after deciding to start soloqing had horrible placement matches and my few games after sucked. Now i finally reached my goal and i can happily take a break from the game. This game seriously lack main tanks (Reinhardt/Winston players), will probably start playing them more if i return to the game.

Another night and once again i get screwed while trying to do competitive.

Played 3 games as a warm up and everything was fine. First competitive game enemy team has a pharah and the 3 characters the team chose to deal with her were Junkrat, Tracer and Reaper. Second Competitive game i get disconnected twice.
    Play 2 more non-competitive games as a test and connection was stable. Third competitive game i disconnect again.

Anyone else having a problem where there is a windows notification sound and suddenly you lose control of your character for about 2 seconds before everything kicks back in again? I can only awkwardly swivel my camera around and run forward when this happens. I don't have any other windows/apps open. This also occurs in hots.

*edit, have found the problem, mouse wire was tight due to winding in other wires, would slightly wiggle while I played and come unconnected for a split second. When it comes out and in the sound would go off to notify me that it was plugged in.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-10 at 05:05 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The absolute lowest common denominator of player seems to populate the Arcade mode, the loot boxes arent even worth it. Holy fuck what have I just witnessed.
    I get my 9 wins asap and then gtfo. 27 loot boxes during an event is worth it. I leave any mayhem match that puts me on attack and I leave any match where the enemy team scores a flag cap first. Why invest time and effort to maybe draw, lose or win when I can reroll the dice now and maybe get a team that rolls the enemy? Get in, get my boxes and spend the rest of the week playing comp and warm up in QM.

7+ Year Old Account
    never stay in the hallway if there's a hanzo on the enemy team kids.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The absolute lowest common denominator of player seems to populate the Arcade mode, the loot boxes arent even worth it. Holy fuck what have I just witnessed.
    CTF is the worst. For some reason most people there think it's a good tactic to just defend, making way too many of those games end up in a draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting pretty good with Orisa, climbed up to 2260 now which is a career high. She is so underrated as a hero, especially her Ult, which I've seen a lot of negativity about. With a half decent team, you don't need to stack any other ults and it makes for a comfortable team killer, and it seems to last forever as well. But she's so much stronger in a 'proper' composition which you don't get in QP, that people just don't seem to rate her at all; because that's not where they try her out.

Still gaining 30+SR for wins and less than 20 for losses as well. And I'm actually winning matches as well! This can't last.

Got Tracer skin now, which i don't like, too much like the scumbag kids that used to rob the shop I worked at. :/ 4K credits though, will wait and see if DVa skin and Sombra dance drop before the end, so tempting to just buy them..
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-11 at 04:45 PM.

Orisa is awesome. Had a blast yesterday on Illios Lighthouse and Well. Even got PotG by dumping couple of the enemy guys into the well using the alt fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    CTF is the worst. For some reason most people there think it's a good tactic to just defend, making way too many of those games end up in a draw.
    There's an easy change, IMO. A 0/0 match in CTF should be a double loss, not a draw. If that's too harsh, introduce a "time holding the flag" tracker, and use that as a secondary measure; whoever held the enemy flag the longest wins in the case of a draw. A 0/0 with no time holding the enemy flag for either team would still be a double loss.

You'd still get people who cap once and THEN bunker down, but that's fine IMO. The issue occurs when both teams just hunker down and wait for the match to end. If one team's ahead, at least, you'll get most of the team that's behind going aggressive to even things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the conversation goes:
    Me: "Focus the support"
    DPS: "That's Genji's job"
    Genji: "I killed Mercy with every ult"

FML.

Oh well, up to 2300 now and the matches have been otherwise improving a lot. Far less whining, less asking people to switch up the comp, because they do it themselves.

Met a couple of decent Sombras along the way too. As D.Va, she is scary af.

Also Orisa + Bastion is dirtier than Rein + Bastion. LET ME JUST GROUP THEM UP FOR YOU WHILE YOU CHAINGUN THEM DOWN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's an easy change, IMO. A 0/0 match in CTF should be a double loss, not a draw. If that's too harsh, introduce a "time holding the flag" tracker, and use that as a secondary measure; whoever held the enemy flag the longest wins in the case of a draw. A 0/0 with no time holding the enemy flag for either team would still be a double loss.

You'd still get people who cap once and THEN bunker down, but that's fine IMO. The issue occurs when both teams just hunker down and wait for the match to end. If one team's ahead, at least, you'll get most of the team that's behind going aggressive to even things up.
    I feel like CTF would probably work better as 8v8 rather than 6v6, it would give a bit more confidence in splitting the team.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-11 at 08:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This season is just utter garbage. Intentionally placing you lower so you can feel good as you 'rank up', except it put me so low I'm with basement players and now plummeting as far away from plat and diamond as possible. Exact opposite of what is supposed to be intended. But no, surely I somehow got half as skillful over the week in between seasons.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoke too soon about games improving. Suddenly after 9-10pm the trolls, cheats and just plain stupid come out the woodwork. Like, people literally picking heroes they've played for 10 minutes previously. :|

Also, can people just accept that Mei is shit?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-06-11 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Spoke too soon about games improving. Suddenly after 9-10pm the trolls, cheats and just plain stupid come out the woodwork. Like, people literally picking heroes they've played for 10 minutes previously. :|

I keep wondering about these cheats you run into lol.

Also does anyone know when the event ends exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I keep wondering about these cheats you run into lol.

Also does anyone know when the event ends exactly?
    It will end on monday when the arcade mode resets, which is typically 8pm Eastern Time U.S.

I bought all the skins I didn't win in game and I really didn't get to take advantage of double exp weekend due to life. I got every skin for the event but mei and I really don't care for it. I even unfortunately got power ranger genji.... can't unsee that... Oh and I have 2,750 gold left over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mei isn't shit, most people just can't hit with her right clicks and try to play her like some freezing machine, running around holding left click. She's very good for some maps in proper hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This season is just utter garbage. Intentionally placing you lower so you can feel good as you 'rank up', except it put me so low I'm with basement players and now plummeting as far away from plat and diamond as possible. Exact opposite of what is supposed to be intended. But no, surely I somehow got half as skillful over the week in between seasons.
    That's how it's been what, past 3 seasons? Surprised you just notice it now.

P.S Playing Ana can sometimes get really frustrating. Our Winston casually jumped behind enemy lines like idiot (as usual), enemy D.Va came between us holding Matrix. Winston dies, and you can imagine his rage in voice chat for not getting any heals from the shit Ana.
    Last edited by mmocbcb02db377; 2017-06-12 at 04:44 AM.