Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard like to put insane numbers and its super boring.. feel im playing diablo now, legendarys, big numbers, random drops
    TKS!

Also now this is World of Jedicraft, because Warcraft is about orcs vs humans, now we fight spaceships and are the POTUS of ur classes.

Legion got potential, but this thing of fight against GODs are getting boring, was much more fan when the we fight against a local drug dealer(lich king) who got some zombies or things like this...
    I really believe someone on blizzard is megalomaniac with numbers and lore....
    Something wrong is not right inside Blizzard, i really love all their games and content but this is getting out of control..

Who remember criting 10k was insanely cool? like almost insta killing someone, or when ur armor matter, your HP pool matter, ur mana pool matter
    Now nothing matter, only artifact power!

10+ Year Old Account
    they already said they would do another next expansion

Please Lore squish too, i dont want fight against the big bang or ancient aliens(history channel) this is where blizzard lore is based now, forget Orcs vs humans

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    He never mentioned HP, and mentioned that when we do 1.5-2times more damage at the end of an expansion, compared to the beginning, a squish is needed, thus. A squish is needed every expansion. Nowhere did he mention in the post the situation we were at now. I responded to his statement being faulty (which it was).

Yes. it is more now.. what the hell does that have to do with anything? It has no bearing on my response. Whatsoever.
    It absolutely does, though. The exponential growth is a radical departure from early WoW, and it is this exponential growth that's causing the problem, as my post explains. Exponential functions stay within a reasonable range for a very short amount of time. If you look at numerals as opposed to scientific notation, numbers generated by exponential curves will seem to crawl very slowly to the range you want them in, and then they'll almost immediately fly off to infinity. This is something engineers and designers are taught early, because it's important, and it's definitely the problem here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    1.5-2x? We're already at 4-5x the power of a fresh 110.

OT: I guarantee you we will see another squish in 8.0's pre-expansion patch. If not, then Blizzard actually chose to massively upgrade the servers (I give a < 0.0000000001% chance of that happening because it'd be very expensive) to handle the higher numbers and everything.
    They already did that. Health points are now using floating point numbers.

The server infrastructure is not the problem any longer. The problem is specifically just that these numbers don't look great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Keep the "challenge" in the current content. I don't want a challenge as a level 110 in a level 30 zone doing quests for xmog.
    You misrepresented him. He wants a challenge in the open world 110 content, i.e. less power growth at max level. He wasn't talking about level 30 zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have hopes that Blizzard will do a whole level squish down to 50/60/70 at some time. This would:

- Lower the numbers
    - Gives us more talents/skills without so many levels inbetween were we get nothing
    - Remove the stat gains from the lost levels (even if it's only 100 stamina from 71-110, these 100 stamina would still be missing and therefore also reduce the stats)
    - If we don't get level scaling in all zones, this would allow Blizzard to consolidate expansion, like level 1-30 = current 1-60, level 30-40 = TBC/WotLK, 40-50 = Cata/MoP, 50-55 = WoD, 55-60 = Legion, 60+ = New expansion. So you can choose where to level.

I simply see more benefits in an overall level squish than just a simple stat squish.

Deleted
    Sorry if someone mentioned this already (didn't read all 7 pages of comments, I'm lazy), but doing what Borderlands did would solve this problem, You could keep your 1312851 hits, but you wouldn't get your screen bloated. In Borderlands, when your hit damage remainst "stable" above 100000, it'll show 100k instead, and I think (tho not sure) it does the same if you're constantly above 1 million.

I too find the stat squish a bit retarded, I remember how stupid it felt that you could only solo 10 man (mostly normal) MoP raids in WoD ... (Unless you were playing certain, "not OP" classes with high ilvl, but that's a different story) I mean if you're 10 playerlevels and nearly 200 itemlevels above something, you're supposed to roflstomp it, imo.
    Last edited by mmocb0712db3e4; 2017-06-12 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    Blizzard like to put insane numbers and its super boring.. feel im playing diablo now, legendarys, big numbers, random drops
    TKS!

Also now this is World of Jedicraft, because Warcraft is about orcs vs humans, now we fight spaceships and are the POTUS of ur classes.

Legion got potential, but this thing of fight against GODs are getting boring, was much more fan when the we fight against a local drug dealer(lich king) who got some zombies or things like this...
    I really believe someone on blizzard is megalomaniac with numbers and lore....
    Something wrong is not right inside Blizzard, i really love all their games and content but this is getting out of control..

Who remember criting 10k was insanely cool? like almost insta killing someone, or when ur armor matter, your HP pool matter, ur mana pool matter
    Now nothing matter, only artifact power!
    Well said.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    Sorry if someone mentioned this already (didn't read all 7 pages of comments, I'm lazy), but doing what Borderlands did would solve this problem, You could keep your 1312851 hits, but you wouldn't get your screen bloated. In Borderlands, when your hit damage remainst "stable" above 100000, it'll show 100k instead, and I think (tho not sure) it does the same if you're constantly above 1 million.

I too find the stat squish a bit retarded, I remember how stupid it felt that you could only solo 10 man (mostly normal) MoP raids in WoD ... (Unless you were playing certain, "not OP" classes with high ilvl, but that's a different story) I mean if you're 10 playerlevels and nearly 200 itemlevels above something, you're supposed to roflstomp it, imo.
    You couldn't solo vanilla raids in tBC either. In fact it was until the end of WotLK that it became possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    You couldn't solo vanilla raids in tBC either. In fact it was until the end of WotLK that it became possible.
    Well you werent "nearly 200" ilvl above Vanilla gear in TBC, also Vanilla raids (apart from ZG) were tuned for 40 people, so...

I feel every 2 xpacs we will be getting a stat squish and it seems logical to keep the numbers down to reasonable levels.

At first when they said they was gonna do a stat squish i was against it cause i thought it would make soloing old raids impossible but the way they implemented it makes me pro stat squish to keep things at a sensible level numbers wise.

And now the power creep is so insane people are soloing current xpac raids already (normal cenarius,nyth,elerethe,dragons). I think the question of whether we 'need' a stat squish is more of a technical one while the more relevant discussion might be about the power creeping in general (which is what is mostly taking place here).

edit: not to say thats never been done before but this seems especially early and crazy this xpac
    Last edited by enak101; 2017-06-12 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I soloed Onyxia as a Ret paladin at the end of TBC when the briefly insane Divine Storm was added, so that statement is not quite accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I still have hopes that Blizzard will do a whole level squish down to 50/60/70 at some time. This would:

- Lower the numbers
    - Gives us more talents/skills without so many levels inbetween were we get nothing
    - Remove the stat gains from the lost levels (even if it's only 100 stamina from 71-110, these 100 stamina would still be missing and therefore also reduce the stats)
    - If we don't get level scaling in all zones, this would allow Blizzard to consolidate expansion, like level 1-30 = current 1-60, level 30-40 = TBC/WotLK, 40-50 = Cata/MoP, 50-55 = WoD, 55-60 = Legion, 60+ = New expansion. So you can choose where to level.

I simply see more benefits in an overall level squish than just a simple stat squish.
    This sounds great, but they'd never do that.
    It just completely breaks the continuity... suddenly going back to level 60 when your character has been level 110 already negates all previous expansions and character progress (i.e. killing the Lich King at level 80, for instance).
    They just wouldn't do it. But your idea is very logical. Blizzard don't always do logic though.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    That has literally happend since vanilla... doing twice the damage at the end.. I have no clue what you are on about.
    The issue may have existed in some capacity during vanilla, however as stated by Blizzard, its the size of the numbers now that cause the issue.

This is caused by what the person you quoted said.

Becuase we have LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Titanforged, Warforged. Each step up in gear needs to be a substanial step up in order for it to be better than the last one.

So that means in the past where we may have been able to get away with a 20ilvl jump, now we need a 40. This exponentially increases the player power and the size of the numbers that wasnt there in Vanilla.

So, now, you have a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    We are already going back into the millions yet again, do we need another stat squish for the next expansion? I feel like it makes no sense to half the damage just to see it go back two expansions later. Or could there be a more permanent solution? I can't think of any, but maybe anyone of you has an idea?
    We didn't need the first one, so naturally, we don't need another one...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

no.

i like these big numbers. it's nice.

I could maybe see them allowing a billion health in the final expansion.

Deleted
    I want people to have 10 health and hit them for 1 damage in pvp!

That's the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Blizzard would never agree with me but I believe we need to get rid of the exponential power gains we have right now. Doing 1.5-2 times more damage at the end of an expansion compared to the beginning more than suffices IMO!
    Congratulation you've just defined an exponential function!

Anyway for the next expansion, they should just remove the obligation to do the previous ones. That way, you only have to do leveling in Azeroth and then yatta you're able to do current content.

Levels are used to be a good tool but it has taken its toll on the game. I think you should really be gaining abilities and talents by completing zones and reaching pvp levels. Gaining power could still be a thing through items and so Item Level could be the only significant indicator telling you if you're going to make it in the next zone.

And each time an expansion is released, you get a huge nerf on your gear making it the same ilevel as the previous ones.

It ain't a perfect system, but I really feel like it needs to be given a try for a least two expansions.
    Last edited by Skildar; 2017-06-12 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    The issue may have existed in some capacity during vanilla, however as stated by Blizzard, its the size of the numbers now that cause the issue.

This is caused by what the person you quoted said.

Becuase we have LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Titanforged, Warforged. Each step up in gear needs to be a substanial step up in order for it to be better than the last one.

So that means in the past where we may have been able to get away with a 20ilvl jump, now we need a 40. This exponentially increases the player power and the size of the numbers that wasnt there in Vanilla.

So, now, you have a clue.
    His statement is faulty. Nothing you explain here drags any value away from what I responded to.