Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What does the Xbox One X mean for PC gamers?

Curious as to what you guys think, if anything, the Xbox One X will mean for PC gamers in the future? I imagine we'll get more games with 4K resolutions in the very least.

I know that the xbox one x can also utilize a lot more ram (9 gigs for games). Will that transfer to PC gamers at all? I have 32 gigs of ram, but most of the time games only use 3-4 gigs. What sort of benefits might PC gamers see from this?

Will Xbox one x mean better looking PC games, since the lowest common detonator has been moved up? Still undecided on Xbox one x, but hopefully, this is good news for PC gamers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atleast straight-up ports will look less shit.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by memetootoo View Post
    Curious as to what you guys think, if anything, the Xbox One X will mean for PC gamers in the future? I imagine we'll get more games with 4K resolutions in the very least.

I know that the xbox one x can also utilize a lot more ram (9 gigs for games). Will that transfer to PC gamers at all? I have 32 gigs of ram, but most of the time games only use 3-4 gigs. What sort of benefits might PC gamers see from this?

Will Xbox one x mean better looking PC games, since the lowest common detonator has been moved up? Still undecided on Xbox one x, but hopefully, this is good news for PC gamers.
    The Xbox One and PS4 don't have dedicated VRAM, so that 9 GB number is a combination of RAM and VRAM.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by memetootoo View Post

Kinda the same as it is now. You'll get a PC for games you want and then a x box for games only on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    The Xbox One and PS4 don't have dedicated VRAM, so that 9 GB number is a combination of RAM and VRAM.
    Actually, it has 12GB, and 9 of those are dedicated specifically for games. The other 3 are reserved for system and background tasks.

Not a super huge difference, but thought i'd point it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Kinda the same as it is now. You'll get a PC for games you want and then a x box for games only on it...
    You realize there are none of those, right?

As of earlier this year, all Xbox exclusives are day-and-date on PC and if you buy it on one platform you have it on both.

More games with higher quality textures will probably be it.

Xbox One X doesn't really have that much stronger CPU than the other consoles and all the games need to work on all 3 Xbox One versions, hence games can't be much more demanding on hardware, when it comes to base mechanics. We may se some horde mode game with more mobs spawning based on version, but most devs know to stay away from that stuff.

Thats just crazy they can sell those for 499.00 bucks, imagine what people could buy PC's for if profit margins were that low...

Edit:
    From what i gather the GPU's inside these things are faster than 1060's/rx 580's....thats pretty dam impressive. I also might have to upgrade for that reason alone lol, i cant have console plebs telling me to get on their level.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-06-12 at 05:43 AM.

Why call it the Xbox One X when you can call it the Xbox One xXx?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

So is this just xbox version of PS pro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Jesus Christ they actually named it Xbox One X...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So is this just xbox version of PS pro?
    Yes and no.

Yes as in it is a upgraded version of the Xbox one and that games will run both on Xbox one and Xbox one X.

But also no because the Xbox one X actually has new and more powerful hardware in it while Sony just slapped a second gpu in their console and lets them run in some Frankenstein version of sli/xfire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

As of earlier this year, all Xbox exclusives are day-and-date on PC and if you buy it on one platform you have it on both.
    Technically All X-Box exclusives are released on Windows 10 PCs AND if you use the Windows Store as a platform only.

So you're not wrong but there's a gigantic caveat attached not many people like... at all.

It means there are some really nice xbox exclusives that I will never get to play

Actually, it has 12GB, and 9 of those are dedicated specifically for games. The other 3 are reserved for system and background tasks.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that but OP was talking about the 9 GB available for games. Whether you're talking about the 9GB for games or the 12 GB total it doesn't change the fact that its combined RAM and VRAM unlike PCs which generally have dedicated VRAM.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Jesus Christ they actually named it Xbox One X...
    Waiting for Xbox One X Version 2.0 Slim Robot Edition myself.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    It means there are some really nice xbox exclusives that I will never get to play
    ... there are no Xbox exclusives anymore. Day and date on Win 10 + crossbuy.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't play Madden on the PC just because I bought the Xbox version. And there are a few others.

... there are no Xbox exclusives anymore. Day and date on Win 10 + crossbuy.
    This makes me happy

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You are aware of what exclusives means right?
    idk if they are though.. playerunknowns battlegrounds exclusive to xbox? except its already on pc? uh? *shrug*

They threw the term, exclusive console launch a lot. So it may just be it's launching first on Xbox when it comes to consoles.