Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Chromie talents taking time to be researched and time-gating paradigm going forward

Why does Blizzard continue with that approach? They add more "waiting for time to pass before you can do something" over which players have no control. This is again part of their new (or should I say rediscovered, enhanced old?) philosophy where they want to extend the time it takes for players to complete content. And this is not by means of making the content more difficult but just enforcing time-gates on it.

Why does Blizzard get away with it? Let me remind you that World of Warcraft is a subscription-based game so it is in their best interest to keep players subscribed as long as possible. Yet such design decisions were not abounding to the extent that they are now. Has Blizzard given up on trying to prolong the lifespan of content by other means than raw time-gating?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Why does Blizzard continue with that approach? They add more "waiting for time to pass before you can do something" over which players have no control. This is again part of their new (or should I say rediscovered, enhanced old?) philosophy where they want to extend the time it takes for players to complete content. And this is not by means of making the content more difficult but just enforcing time-gates on it.

Why does Blizzard get away with it? Let me remind you that World of Warcraft is a subscription-based game so it is in their best interest to keep players subscribed as long as possible. Yet such design decisions were not abounding to the extent that they are now. Has Blizzard given up on trying to prolong the lifespan of content by other means than raw time-gating?
    Time gates been in the game forever. Raid lockouts, limited rep per daily quests. World boss/rare spawn timers.

It's been a long time since the majority of reputation was grindable via dungeons/tabards, after Cata we got many reps gated to Dailies only.

Now we can do the same boss 4 times and trade loot, still means it's time gated.

There's placed like Timeless isle which combined things like rare spawns combined with low % pet drops from them, with random breeds, the worst sort of RNG/time gating.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-12 at 11:49 AM.

Honestly I really dislike this way of time gating. I also dislike the fact you need to log in every week for some half assed quest. I mean I understand if from a sub based decision. But it feels rather customer unfriendly.

Now then.. How would I like to be treated the same (time gating) or rather have the same result... but feeling it was friendlier?

RNG - I worked months on months to farm Dire Maul for the book that lead to QuelSerrar. In the end I gave up and just did Diremaul for fun... lo and behold.. it drops.

Now this is obviously a rotten example as no one wants to work month and months to progress. But there is something to be gained from this.
    1. I loved my sword and still have it. The work I did for it made it so much more special.
    2. I could have gotten it quicker if RNGeezus would have been more on my side. (could have been a lot longer aswell)

This is about a sword... but why not have a little more RNG in the game based on crafting. Soulbound items ofcourse so no cheating via the AH.

I know people are fed up with RNG. I am too. But this type of RNG will add to the experience. I mean as long as the RNG would be as such.. that the time it would be required to farm it... would effectively be the same as the artificial time specific stuff is right now... what would you choose? I know that most of you would choose to know the exact time most likely. I would not... I rather be lucky or unlucky.

And no legendaries and RNG titanforge aren't great additions...

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I dislike time gating to a certain amount but I also dislike to have things completed instantly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean isn't it obvious? The time gates is to delay you getting to that content.

That's been Legion in a nutshell. Literally every part of the expansion. It hides how little content is actually in a patch or expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    chromies talents take time so you'd spend more time subbed.

its not rocket science.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    It's how their product is sold, over time. deal with it!

People will bitch when they complete it in a week or if they string it out over a couple months. WoW fanatic base in a nutshell.

Why are you making those retard threads? Don't you have a job?

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-06-12 at 04:22 PM.

It's worked out pretty well this expansion. It's so you don't rush through all the content in a single session. You may not understand why that's a bad thing, but it's one of the major reasons there is so much to do in game. And it's not like it's some unnatural thing. Imagine if yo could get a girl pregnant then keep fucking her to accelerate the childbirth. Stupid time gates!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's worked out pretty well this expansion. It's so you don't rush through all the content in a single session. You may not understand why that's a bad thing, but it's one of the major reasons there is so much to do in game. And it's not like it's some unnatural thing. Imagine if yo could get a girl pregnant then keep fucking her to accelerate the childbirth. Stupid time gates!
    That's my fetish.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean isn't it obvious? The time gates is to delay you getting to that content.

That's been Legion in a nutshell. Literally every part of the expansion. It hides how little content is actually in a patch or expansion.
    Or maybe because there is content but if people can't control themselves they will probably rush the content in 1 day and come there bloating shit and tears like you?

"HURR DURR I HAVE COMPLETE CHROMIE SCENARIO IN 1 DAY BOOO BLIZZARD GIVES US MORE CONTENT I NEED TO WASTE MORE THAN 8 HOURS PER DAY!!!"

too hard to understand it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    People want istant gratification so they can bitch for something else.

welcome to 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    People will bitch when they complete it in a week or if they string it out over a couple months. WoW fanatic base in a nutshell.
    This really is true. If it wasn't gated, people would finish everything in 10 minutes and then complain how it was a waste of time, how wow sucks and have nothing to do.
    You don't like the game anymore? Go play something else.

Or maybe because there is content but if people can't control themselves they will probably rush the content in 1 day and come there bloating shit and tears like you?

"HURR DURR I HAVE COMPLETE CHROMIE SCENARIO IN 1 DAY BOOO BLIZZARD GIVES US MORE CONTENT I NEED TO WASTE MORE THAN 8 HOURS PER DAY!!!"
    Oh piss off with this dumbass hypothetical criticisms you sycophants always trot out. I didn't do that in MoP, which was the entire excuse they've used to enact all this dumbass time gating.

Keep defending the absolute fucking nothing that they're putting out. 7.2.5 is what? Chromie? A shitty xmog event? DANG MAN AFTER THE AMAZING CONTENT OF 7.2 AND THE BROKEN SHORE EXPERIENCE, WHICH WAS SOOOOO GOOD, THEY FOLLOW IT UP WITH THIS AMAZING REPEAT TIME GATED EVENT!

I'm an adult. I don't need Blizzard to gate 95% of their content when they "launch" it because of this bullshit about rushing to complete it. You can eat up that absolute garbage experience, but I and many others do not.

Oh piss off with this dumbass hypothetical criticisms you sycophants always trot out. I didn't do that in MoP, which was the entire excuse they've used to enact all this dumbass time gating.

Keep defending the absolute fucking nothing that they're putting out. 7.2.5 is what? Chromie? A shitty xmog event? DANG MAN AFTER THE AMAZING CONTENT OF 7.2 AND THE BROKEN SHORE EXPERIENCE, WHICH WAS SOOOOO GOOD, THEY FOLLOW IT UP WITH THIS AMAZING REPEAT TIME GATED EVENT!

I'm an adult. I don't need Blizzard to gate 95% of their content when they "launch" it because of this bullshit about rushing to complete it. You can eat up that absolute garbage experience, but I and many others do not.
    If you complete it in the time frame it's supposed to be completed in, you don't have to bother with the time gating. WoW has been like this forever. 10 years ago in wotlk is the first time i can remember time gating and this went on and on. If you can't handle that why didnt you unsub 10 years ago?

Do you people seriously think a company like Blizzard who has been in the gaming industry for 25+ years is oblivious to the fact that if players are bored with the game they will simply stop subscribing? Time gates have been in Wow since day one and yes there were time gates even in the golden age of wow during TBC/Wrath when the devs were "passionate" and "gamers designing games for other gamers".

How do they get away with it? It is their fucking game. Not yours and not anyone else's. This digusting arrogant attitude players have now really needs to stop or Blizzard will just wash their hands of this community and design the game how they want with zero input from players.

Also it is beyond asinine that after years of players whining about wow being "raid or die" most of those same people scream bloody murder the very moment Blizzard tries to implement any sort of content outside of questing/raiding/pvp. The state of Wow today is a direct result of Blizzard pointlessly trying to design the game based on feedback from players who will never ever be happy with anything Blizzard does even when they get exactly what they asked for.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2017-06-12 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If you complete it in the time frame it's supposed to be completed in, you don't have to bother with the time gating. WoW has been like this forever. 10 years ago in wotlk is the first time i can remember time gating and this went on and on. If you can't handle that why didnt you unsub 10 years ago?
    No, it hasn't been like this forever.

I wonder what Blizzard could do for people like yourself and the other one to actually realize that they're just hiding the absolute lack of content they're putting out behind time gates? Is there no depth they can sink that would stop you from defending them?

Pretending that Wrath, of all expansions, was the one that introduced time gating is a joke and shows you are either lying or didn't even play that expansion.

This meme of, "HURR WELL DERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN TIMESINKS!" is nothing but a lazy defense of a game whose content has been less and less and is being hidden away to mask this fact. There have been things like attunement quests forever, however those are NOT the same as time gates. Because you could still actively work toward them. The whole deal with time gates is that they stop you from doing anything until an arbitrary date, which then the next part is unlocked.

Ony attunement, BT attunement, even Quel'danas, these had features that allowed you to keep playing and progressing. That is NOT the same as, for example, the 7.2 Broken Shore chain. Or the Nightfallen stuff. Where you literally cannot progress any further until an arbitrary amount of time has passed. The best you can point to is the AQ opening event. Which, laughably means you're defending WoW with an event that happened 13 years ago, also doesn't even really count because you could still progress and do it. And those who did so faster got the raid opened first.

All the sycophantic faux outrage at people who PAID FOR THE EXPANSION AND KEEP PAYING TO PLAY IT being upset is a joke. Maybe you're ok with being ripped off, but a lot of us aren't.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-12 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    it's getting ridiculous now. it's like the first question asked at every meeting where someone presents a new feature is: how can we drag this shit out for as long as possible?

Deleted

Pffffftttttt...... a lot of nosense. First of all, a lot of this time gated stuff is OPTIONAL, at least the 95% of it. And this is good, because this kind of stuff is for people who play this game FOR FUN and with a SLOW-PACED mentality. Where is the fun if i can get everything in one day? You know that one of the game's selling point is the longevity? If everything is done in 2 days, the game is boring. Just look at the tantrum when EN Mythic was cleared in a few hour.

For example: i like the Timewalking mount, the one you can buy with badge. But i cba farming dungeon so for me it's a long term goal, i will just wait months to get it. Do i feel the urge to whine on forum about this? NO. Because it's completely optional and cosmetic. To get it now, in a week, in a month, in 2 years it makes no fucking difference.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it hasn't been like this forever.

I wonder what Blizzard could do for people like yourself and the other one to actually realize that they're just hiding the absolute lack of content they're putting out behind time gates? Is there no depth they can sink that would stop you from defending them?

Pretending that Wrath, of all expansions, was the one that introduced time gating is a joke and shows you are either lying or didn't even play that expansion.

This meme of, "HURR WELL DERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN TIMESINKS!" is nothing but a lazy defense of a game whose content has been less and less and is being hidden away to mask this fact. There have been things like attunement quests forever, however those are NOT the same as time gates. Because you could still actively work toward them. The whole deal with time gates is that they stop you from doing anything until an arbitrary date, which then the next part is unlocked.

Ony attunement, BT attunement, even Quel'danas, these had features that allowed you to keep playing and progressing. That is NOT the same as, for example, the 7.2 Broken Shore chain. Or the Nightfallen stuff. Where you literally cannot progress any further until an arbitrary amount of time has passed. The best you can point to is the AQ opening event. Which, laughably means you're defending WoW with an event that happened 13 years ago, also doesn't even really count because you could still progress and do it. And those who did so faster got the raid opened first.

All the sycophantic faux outrage at people who PAID FOR THE EXPANSION AND KEEP PAYING TO PLAY IT being upset is a joke. Maybe you're ok with being ripped off, but a lot of us aren't.
    You are right, but as i said, the time gated stuff you mentioned are mostly for optional stuff, like Mounts and Achievement. On the other side, you can access raid as soon as they open. So yeah, we have a lot of time-gating, for optional and cosmetic stuff.

i couldnt care less, im not going to do that scenario anyways nor the style with trial which for me sounds like another fail patch like the photobomb one.
    Signature made by