15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    So can you actually make a pretty, white FemRyder now after the patch? Because the only article on the web (Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#6a8dee9f7fc7) just says that you can do this with new character creator:
    The character creation has along way to go, as IMO it is no means on par with say DA:I's but its somewhat better now. The complexion addition is very nice and can help out some presets (i.e Preset 3 for fem-ryder.) The new preset face is also really nice.

Also one big improvement I see from Inquisition is hair. My god did the hair in that game look terrible. It's significantly improved in Andromeda, especially since a recent patch. Not sure how beards fare since there's nothing but stubble available, however.

And then on the flipside, the scars look fucking awful. And of course there's a downgrade in options despite the fact that there's 1 race to Inquisition's 4.

This game's CC is just puzzling.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah got the freeze bug on kill now, after i kill something the game just freeze for 15-20 sec and the best is there is no fix for it...
    They should stop porting AAA titel to PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That's fake news, the game is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    was posting second hand rehash of an article posted pages before already - necessary? we know. we've been discussing first hand information for pages already

7+ Year Old Account
    So, never having played any of the ME games, I was thinking of trying this one out. I was reading that it has an in-combat pause if you bring up the weapon wheel (w/e that is). Is that true? One of the things I liked about KOTOR 1&2 was that it had in-combat pauses that you could enable so that the action wouldn't be overwhelming, and that would let you consider your strats, instead of frantic button-mashing.

Also how goes targeting work? Tab and lock-on, or active aiming? I'd rather not play a shooter dressed up as an rpg, so f active aiming and dodging.

Basically can people contrast the differences between WoW combat and ME:A.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    So, never having played any of the ME games, I was thinking of trying this one out. I was reading that it has an in-combat pause if you bring up the weapon wheel (w/e that is). Is that true? One of the things I liked about KOTOR 1&2 was that it had in-combat pauses that you could enable so that the action wouldn't be overwhelming, and that would let you consider your strats, instead of frantic button-mashing.

Also how goes targeting work? Tab and lock-on, or active aiming? I'd rather not play a shooter dressed up as an rpg, so f active aiming and dodging.

Then this isn't the game for you, it is a third person shooter with light RPG elements. Same with the original trilogy, though those games were much better than this game.

10+ Year Old Account

You explained it pretty well, it's a shooter dressed up as an RPG.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Then this isn't the game for you, it is a third person shooter with light RPG elements. Same with the original trilogy, though those games were much better than this game.
    Thanks. You saved me some money. Maybe I'll try out Tides of Numenara. Been hearing alot of good things about it, and I want something to play when I decide to step away from WoW.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

its the first game in a series that does NOT have a pause. games 1 through 3 have a combat pause with ability to direct your companions and their ability use, andromeda is all active aiming all the time and your companions just do whatever they feel like. i mean.. all 4 games have active aiming and dodging, but pausing in game 1 through 3 negates some of that. 4 is very gears of war like, so if active aim shooters are not your thing, you won't like it. I mean... you could play it on easiest difficulty, there your followers pretty much take care of combat for you. but... just saying. original trilogy is pretty cheap now, and game 1 is the most rpg like of the 3, even if combat can be a bit clunky (but if you enjoyed KOTOR, it may actualy work better for you). I would go with that, rather then Andromeda, honestly. I mean I enjoyed Andromeda, but not nearly as much as ME1 and ME2 (ME3 is... divisive due to certain story factors mostly/0

It's always been active aiming, in this franchise. That doesn't mean it's a shooter dressed up as an RPG.

Fallout 3/NV sure isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's always been active aiming, in this franchise. That doesn't mean it's a shooter dressed up as an RPG.

Fallout 3/NV sure isn't one.
    Fallout 3/NV has VATS :P boy do I looooove VATS :P was one of the first addons I installed for Fallout 4 - the one that turned new slowed time VATS back to original "pause style: VATS

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed it in the patch notes but 1.08 has introduced daily challenges for Multiplayer. I just got an Apex elite pack (at least 1 Ultra Rare) for doing the deeper into the ruins mission. There is also one for earning 35,000 points against the Kett but it only rewards 5 challenge points and 30 mission funds.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    They just turn Metro into an open world game.

Hey. I'm about to craft the highest stage of the Dahn Shotgun and i want to get good augmentations for it. i already have the "When clip empties Restores 25% Shield" But i got no others worth using, So i'm wonder where i can find or buy some really good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Seeking plasma + bio compensator, though I prefer Piranha, it's just the best combo I've tried.
    Shield restoration is pretty pointless considering how crazy good charge is…
    Where can i find those 2 augmentations then?

What traning path will you recommend for a rookie person to mass effect and the third person genre.. i was thinking something where i can shoot from afar the most of the time. But i also want a cool ability to use. I started out to try "charge" its very cool but force me to be melee and i dont like that. Maybe the htrow ability??

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Where can i find those 2 augmentations then?
    There is a vendor on nexus that carries all mods/augments. It is however random which is at the store when you enter it, if it doesn't stock the item you're after you can save your game and reload and the shop content will be reshuffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    What traning path will you recommend for a rookie person to mass effect and the third person genre.. i was thinking something where i can shoot from afar the most of the time. But i also want a cool ability to use. I started out to try "charge" its very cool but force me to be melee and i dont like that. Maybe the htrow ability??

Thanks
    I'd recommend the Throw+Incinerate Combo, It's much fun I use Charge as my 3rd so can't help you there xD