Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time gating is their only option to keep people playing. Most people who leave at this point, they will never return. By feeding shit with a spoon instead of just dumping it all at once, they can milk out most money. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez2 View Post
    i couldnt care less, im not going to do that scenario anyways nor the style with trial which for me sounds like another fail patch like the photobomb one.
    Ever think to consider not all content is meant specifically for you?

Deleted
    Like it has been pointed out, its all to keep you subbed. Just like raid lockouts (they were fine for a while with different region having different rules), AK waiting and such they just want to keep us subbed. Long gone are the days when the integrity of the game and its mechanics were first and you just trusted your game was good enough to keep people subbed. Im not saying it is or isnt now, but they are adding these "failsafes" to keep people hooked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because I misremembered myself? I wasn't playing as consistently back then. I certainly had that complaint, but I also wasn't playing as much and wasn't aware of that stuff when it 2.1 first launched.

DANG YOU CAUGHT ME! I CHANGED WHAT I SAID BECAUSE I LOOKED UP THE TRUTH! BUSTED
    maybe next time you should look things up before you post. it'll make it less likely that you seem like you don't know what you're talking about. just some friendly pointers.

Okay? Thanks for that comment about something I didn't even say.
    Don't even fucking try it. It was implied and you damn well know it.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Don't even fucking try it. It was implied and you damn well know it.
    No, it wasn't.

Its almost like all you and the other one have done is put words into people's mouths and then whine about the strawman you created.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    maybe next time you should look things up before you post. it'll make it less likely that you seem like you don't know what you're talking about. just some friendly pointers.
    Okay I guess the fact that I flatout said I misremembered myself went right over your head. And also ignoring the fact that the truth supported my argument the entire time anyway so I changed it to be more accurate?

Kudos for pretending you made any kind of point.

Whelp this has been fun, but I'm going to go catch a plane to Irvine so peace out.

It's meant to be a quasi-rougelike mini game, like the Withered Training scenario.

It's not some super important questline, nor is it meant for you to breeze through in one go, it's just something to keep you occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not. but they didn't used to need gimmicks like that. back in wotlk, the shit was good enough that you just wanted to stay subbed so you could play.

why can't they stick with that instead of gouging you into staying?
    You do realize Wrath had content that was gated as well right? In order to get all the pets and mounts from the Argent Tournament you have to do dailies every single day for 2-3 months.

Even ICC was time gated. If you wanted to clear the entire raid you had to wait months for new wings to be unlocked not to mention the fact that many players were not able to complete large portions of that raid without progressive nerfs to difficulty which were also time gated over a period of months.

Are you people really so blinded by hate now that you can't even be bothered to come up with some lies and misinformation that aren't so blatantly obviously untrue?

- - - Updated - - -

The fuck are you even talking about. Where did I say I don't like 99% of the content in the game? Where have I actually said that this event was bad, by the way? Because all I've said so far is that it's just another time gated grind, like all of Legion. The scenario itself is fine and fun.

Okay thanks for the flaming.

You don't know anything I've said. This is exactly my problem with stooges who defend anything Blizzard does. You just proclaim things I've supposedly said or believed. It's particularly funny in my case because I have a Youtube channel where I've gotten shit from fanboys like yourself for consistently talking about how their actions in the last two expansions has been bullshit with nonsense like this.
    Stating actual facts isn't a defense of Blizzard it is a defense of integrity which you haters are sorely lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah except there was other content to do besides those dailies.

Or did that get smothered by your white knighting?

Also once again you're just assuming what other people thought. Many people called the copy/pasta Naxx stupid.

Could you at least try to argue from a place of intellectual honesty?
    What other content? The daily hubs prior to Argent Tournament didn't have that many dailies and most of them could be completed within an hour or so and then there was nothing to do but raid or pvp until the next day.

It is rich seeing you accuse someone of lying when you have spent this entire thread spamming lie after lie after lie while insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you and accusing them of being fanboys. Honest to god the mods here need to seriously consider perm bans for some of you shitposters.

- - - Updated - - -

2.1 had more than Black Temple broseph. Skettis was introduced as an actual daily hub then. The Netherwing stuff was introduced then. Ogril'a became something that wasn't just an area in Blade's Edge. The outdoor Ethereum stuff came with 2.1 as well. And then, of course, you're also ignoring the entire island and dungeon that accompanied 2.4, but don't let me stop you from falsely reporting what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Please show me a a quote where I said this. Otherwise you're just criticizing me for bullshit you've projected onto me. All of WoD I've consistently said that there's been very little actual content. All of Legion I've consistently said that everything is gated behind some kind of wall.

Try harder. Your own argument here doesn't even make sense. I've always said I want good content. You know, unlike 6.1 which was just a single quest chain and then the selfie cam. You're conflating two entirely different complaints as if they are the same.
    And once again you lie and move the goal posts. Content is content whether you consider it good or not.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SO that people don't grind it out in 2 days then cry for 3 months about not having content.

Timegates are mostly Blizzard having to put in artificial self-control, since many people lack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Things taking time = subbed for longer = more money.

It really is that simple.

It's the same reason why a 3000 gold costing legendary in overwatch returns you 200 gold when you get a duplicate. So you buy their shitty loot boxes.

It's the same in Hearthstone, it's why they got rid of adventures.

It's why all their character services went up in price.

M O N E Y.

D E L I C I O U S M O N E Y

DOLLAR DOLLAR
    It is almost as if Blizzard is a company or something and wants to make a profit. Don't like how they are doing business? Stop fucking rewarding them financially for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i enjoyed the argent tournament. naxx wasn't much of a bother to me either.

the icc 5 mans were fun too, and getting quel'delar was really fun. then there was wintergrasp, and that was always a fun time.

if you wanted to grind reps, you just threw on a tabard and spammed dungeons and that actually made them worth doing.
    I like how you people keep referring to all of these massive amounts of content in Wrath most of which wasn't even available until towards the end of th expansion. If Blizzard did that now every single last one of you would be screaming bloody murder over it despite praising them for doing exactly the same thing in Wrath.

I don't mind time gating to an extent but content like this should be absolutely doable from day 1 with a bit of preparation, time spent learning the scenario and individual player skill.

"If you are lucky or try to significantly optimize your route and gameplay, you may be able to complete the scenario in time without the full set of talents."

The talents should be a layer of protection so that everyone can do it eventually, but gating the best players in the game from completing something which is technically broken without the time sensitive power bumps in place because you're effectively accessing it too early is bad game design. You're unlocking balance over time and speeding it up is outside of your control.

No, it wasn't time gated. It was participation gated. That's why servers were never all at the same point in the island being unlocked. Did you actually play in BC?

You do realize there's a difference between time gates and participation gates, right? Attunement isn't a time gate. It's a participation gate. You have to actually do the content to unlock it. Which is a perfectly fine way to do end-game content. Having to, you know, actually DO it to unlock other stuff. The attunements for Kara or SSC or the TK dungeons/raid were not artificially delayed with a time gate. You just had to do the content.

Sorry you're upset that you're wrong. But that's not my problem.
    The fact remains the majority of the content in Quel'danas wasn't available immediately. How the fuck is that not a time gate?

- - - Updated - - -

Because I misremembered myself? I wasn't playing as consistently back then. I certainly had that complaint, but I also wasn't playing as much and wasn't aware of that stuff when it 2.1 first launched.

DANG YOU CAUGHT ME! I CHANGED WHAT I SAID BECAUSE I LOOKED UP THE TRUTH! BUSTED
    You changed what you said because you got caught in a lie. If you had any integrity at all you would have admitted you were wrong rather than try to sweep it under the rug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Time gating is their only option to keep people playing. Most people who leave at this point, they will never return. By feeding shit with a spoon instead of just dumping it all at once, they can milk out most money. Simple.
    No business operates in this manner. Outside of these forums most customers don't continue paying for products they aren't happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    Like it has been pointed out, its all to keep you subbed. Just like raid lockouts (they were fine for a while with different region having different rules), AK waiting and such they just want to keep us subbed. Long gone are the days when the integrity of the game and its mechanics were first and you just trusted your game was good enough to keep people subbed. Im not saying it is or isnt now, but they are adding these "failsafes" to keep people hooked.
    It is almost as if Wow's business model is built on getting and retaining subscriptions or something.

Its because people love the new wait 6 months to get anywhere model. You can tell by the responses. New crowds killed WoW, I don't really care if that makes get mad at what I said. The new development team is killing WoW with their design by delay attitude. Everything is fucking timed gamed, everything is delayed and everything has to be even, Can't have anyone get ahead of someone else, we should all just hold hands and progress together.

And Drones will find a way of defending it, when it has no other reason to be extremely gated other than to squeeze more sub time out of you, Literally zero reason other than that. They even tell investors time played compared to sub numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I don't mind time gating to an extent but content like this should be absolutely doable from day 1 with a bit of preparation, time spent learning the scenario and individual player skill.

"If you are lucky or try to significantly optimize your route and gameplay, you may be able to complete the scenario in time without the full set of talents."

The talents should be a layer of protection so that everyone can do it eventually, but gating the best players in the game from completing something which is technically broken without the time sensitive power bumps in place because you're effectively accessing it too early is bad game design. You're unlocking balance over time and speeding it up is outside of your control.
    Just because you dislike something doesn't make it bad game design.

QQ time-gating QQ RNG QQ CRZ QQ Buzzword #54 QQ.

So I guess games aren't allowed to do timed events because the entitleds will whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Its because people love the new wait 6 months to get anywhere model. You can tell by the responses. New crowds killed WoW, I don't really care if that makes get mad at what I said. The new development team is killing WoW with their design by delay attitude. Everything is fucking timed gamed, everything is delayed and everything has to be even, Can't have anyone get ahead of someone else, we should all just hold hands and progress together.

And Drones will find a way of defending it, when it has no other reason to be extremely gated other than to squeeze more sub time out of you, Literally zero reason other than that. They even tell investors time played compared to sub numbers.
    Again stating actual facts isn't a defense of Blizzard. you people are straight up lying.

Part of the reason why Blizzard is using the time played metric is that it applies to all their games not just the one game that is subscription based. It can help give investors more context in determining the state of Blizzard's games especially in comparison to each other.

Deleted
    For Pandaria, it was hurr durr Pandas
    For Warlords it was hurr durr no content
    For Legion it's now hurr durr time-gating

wonder what it will be in the next expansion...

I like it.

Just make a comparison to the Withered Training scenario from early Legion. It was challenging at first, and got easier as you got the troop upgrades, or general buffs, eventually turning easy.

It will be the same for this scenario, and it makes sense. Also, you can fully complete it from the get go. The further talents just make it easier, just like the Withered Scenario.

I don't understand the problem with it, yet people seem to be outraged by the slightest decisions. As said above, people just seemed to adopt the 'time-gating' buzzword and run with it when they find a reason to spew it forth.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Just because you dislike something doesn't make it bad game design.
    Designing a scenario that is impossible to complete without tuning/balance that will be available after X days is the same is releasing a raid instance that's not designed to be beaten until the developers decide it's time to nerf the content. That is the definition of bad game design.

Deleted
    You must sub for continuity, also it prevents burning out a bit. And something for you to wait for. Simple business.