Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I don't want to know what a female Ogre looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I've always like to joke that female Ogres are absolutely gorgeous.

literally just a more thicc orc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    Did you just assume their gender?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

literally just a more thicc orc.
    Cuuuuute.
    U
    T
    E!
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Cuuuuute.
    U
    T
    E!
    indeed.

now we gotta see that bottom half ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    As terry prachett described it with his dwarfs: Just because you don't see it, you could be talking with a female dwarf right now. maybe there are very few differences between males and females as long as you don't look under that kilt.

First reason is money, blizz dont wanna make females just for the sake of it.

Second reason is that telling male and female apart might not be as easy as with mammals.

Deleted
    Maybe they are like the Hutt in Star Wars, they can decide and change their sex as they pleases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously because Blizzard is trying to push their patriarch agenda on us...

Seriously, how fucking bored do you have to be to come up with a topic like this? I just imagine someone sitting there watching TV or staring at a wall or something and suddenly going "I just realized there are no female Hozen, Jinyu, or Ogres in WoW. I am so triggered right now!"

I think the actual reason is probably the fact that art resources are better spent elsewhere, but you could explain it away super easily if you say they have no sexual dimorphism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the non-PC but real answer to this is pretty obviously that the Ogres capture females of other species and use them to breed. This is pretty standard in many Fantasy settings.

And, going back into the canon via the chronicles, it is pretty evident why there are no females.

But, I guess we can just sit and argue about it being some sort of privilege thing or some lazy artists or a political agenda. Go you!
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post

lol

Wolves and cows are at least mammals with some similar functionality.

I can't remember the last time I used my swim bladder and lateral lines.
    Or saw Mammary Glands on a fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised blizzard haven't implemented female ogres yet. Maybe when they become playable for Horde.... (wishful thinking)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Well, the non-PC but real answer to this is pretty obviously that the Ogres capture females of other species and use them to breed. This is pretty standard in many Fantasy settings.

And, going back into the canon via the chronicles, it is pretty evident why there are no females.

But, I guess we can just sit and argue about it being some sort of privilege thing or some lazy artists or a political agenda. Go you!
    Pretty standard in many fantasy settings, and also incorrect in Warcraft. We have canon references to female ogres.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-06-12 at 03:01 PM.

Same reason there are female-only races (harpies, val'kyr). Because fantasy storylines don't need to have a M/F dichotomy for every single race.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Laziness/money. They didn't want to make female models basically.
    Pretty much this, most NPC/monster races don't crop up often enough to make female models for them as well (Or in cases like murlocs or most undead are too similar to bother), although i think that by now ogres should have had female models, ogres show up in nearly every expansion...

Because they needed to give the professional victims something else to complain about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    "Ogre women have yet to appear in a Warcraft game, but they were just as common as male ogres when Aramar Thorne visited Dire Maul and are mentioned in passing in Code of Rule. The few ogre females mentioned in lore include the unnamed wife of Tharg, who died by the claws of the black dragonflight, and an unnamed young female who served King Gordok in Dire Maul. The mysterious island of Ogrezonia is said to be inhabited by giant female ogres who are rumored to perform horrible rituals on men who happen upon their island".

From the wow wiki. So, no, there is no "only 1 in 1000 Ogres are women", but rather "Blizz isn't willing to dedicate the resources to making female Ogres"
    where did you get this qoute?
    it is no where on wow wiki on the ogre page
    "Ogre females have not appeared in the games and only a few have been mentioned in the lore. The few ogre females mentioned in lore include the unnamed wife of Tharg, who died by the claws of the black dragonflight. Chief Ogg'ora was a female ogre sorceress and former leader of the Fire-Gut ogres.[14] One of Gro'ach the Wise's commanders among the Duskbelch ogres was a female barbarian named Vaxar.[15] In 2011 Hallow's End, new masks were added to the game, including an [Ogre Female Mask]."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "No males have been reported, so (rumor has it) harpies breed with captive males of many species, though they prefer elves, orcs, and humans to either smaller or larger species. The males of another species fills the role for a time, after which they become food for the nest. In lean times, harpies can lay unfertilized eggs that become female copies of the mother."

Damn. happy dudes
    Happy dudes happy dudes yes

- - - Updated - - -

Ogre women, Ogre women,Ogre women pls pleaseeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    where did you get this qoute?
    it is no where on wow wiki on the ogre page
    "Ogre females have not appeared in the games and only a few have been mentioned in the lore. The few ogre females mentioned in lore include the unnamed wife of Tharg, who died by the claws of the black dragonflight. Chief Ogg'ora was a female ogre sorceress and former leader of the Fire-Gut ogres.[14] One of Gro'ach the Wise's commanders among the Duskbelch ogres was a female barbarian named Vaxar.[15] In 2011 Hallow's End, new masks were added to the game, including an [Ogre Female Mask]."
    I don't think he meant to reference WoW Wiki, that site has been unreliable for years. Try this. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogre#Female_ogres
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I don't think he meant to reference WoW Wiki, that site has been unreliable for years. Try this. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogre#Female_ogres
    i see, but what exactly did it say in the book? cause i cant seem to find a qoute from the book on "lots of females"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content