Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Usually that happens during Elisande or Gul'dan during the haste increasing buffs. The UI will say they are ready but the server side is saying they are not. This is a known bug that has been reported to Blizzard several times.
    Chronomatic Anomaly as well. Using Serenity on that fight pretty much locks out both FoF and SotWL for around 10 secs after they come off cd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Yeah I get this sometimes. Once I also had a bug where I couldn't use SEF sometimes for some reason, though that was at the start of NH.
    I'm getting this thing where SEF goes on a 5 second cd before I can use the second charge.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Chronomatic Anomaly as well. Using Serenity on that fight pretty much locks out both FoF and SotWL for around 10 secs after they come off cd.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting this thing where SEF goes on a 5 second cd before I can use the second charge.
    I know the ffeling when btoh show of cd but then you have to wait a while still before you can use, its so anoying on anomaly

From my understanding the appearing as off CD is only in appearance on those fights. As serenity cuts the CD as well as the external ability, when it bugs out the UI calculation makes an error and doesn't further backdate the CD when the second buff fades.

This is different to another bug with FoF only not working until another ability is used. FoF is definitely off CD but still won't trigger until you use another ability. This is an issue I think I've noticed only for the last one or two weeks.

I see the new patch notes 19% aura >>10%??... Now i am rogue

Quote Originally Posted by l30n47d0 View Post
    regardless of your early judgement ,, rogues are not in a better place

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    regardless of your early judgement ,, rogues are not in a better place
    They're in a better place than Windwalker that's for sure.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l30n47d0 View Post
    108% x 1.1 = 119%
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    108% x 1.1 = 119%
    You know, I'm curious... how much would you increase the aura buff if you were given control over balancing our spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    108% x 1.1 = 119%
    Does that mean we are currently at 108% and with the increase going to 119% (so overall 11% increase)?

Starting to wonder if blizz just aims toward making WW the WoD Demo Lock of Legion.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the upcomming tweaks toward mythic ToS Opening

I guess that even if we get some small buffs or even the nerfs reversed in an upcoming tuning patch, it's unlikely that we'll be in a better state than in NH. Because since Blizzard took issue with us having too strong AoE (somehow...) and not with us having weak ST, it doesn't seem likely that we can expect the significant buffs we'd need to be a really competitive spec in the more ST-focused ToS.

Will RJW be boosted by the aura? How close to hit combo in ST will it be? I remember pre Legion when hit combo provided 8% max RJW was even for ST, would this put RJW just behind with hc soon giving 12% max?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Will RJW be boosted by the aura? How close to hit combo in ST will it be? I remember pre Legion when hit combo provided 8% max RJW was even for ST, would this put RJW just behind with hc soon giving 12% max?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137025/windwalker-monk

Yes the aura boosts RJW, but as to whether or not what you're asking is true or not. I don't know.

Interesting - chi burst is getting buffed too.

I think it will be harder to justify keeping chi wave once the patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Starting to wonder if blizz just aims toward making WW the WoD Demo Lock of Legion.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the upcomming tweaks toward mythic ToS Opening
    Except Demo was extremely powerful for Highmaul and BRF and still an asset to have on progression in Mythic HFC such as Mannoroth adds. Windwalker has just been a joke and is turning into a literal meme on the WoW subreddit.

I could see it being used or at least viable in certain situations like Harjatan where burst AOE is necessary. You also have to remember that part of RJW was nerfed. It only gives 2 mark stacks instead of 4.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakugan123 View Post
    You know, I'm curious... how much would you increase the aura buff if you were given control over balancing our spec.
    Based on my testing and the early sims, the aura buff may need to go from 19% to 40%.

Does that mean we are currently at 108% and with the increase going to 119% (so overall 11% increase)?
    Its overall a 10% increase. Going from 108% to 119% is an 11% increase in the aura, but in overall damage its a 10% increase. 108% x 1.1 = 119%

- - - Updated - - -

Still not close. The sims are here: http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/0...piled-changes/

Interesting - chi burst is getting buffed too.

I think it will be harder to justify keeping chi wave once the patch hits.
    It wont be hard at all to keep chi wave. We use it right now on AOE situations because it has no cast time and half the cooldown, making it easier to work in between TP and SCK to maximize AOE damage.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hey Babs, this idea was tossed around in the discord so I posted it in the forums for the hell of it and I'm curious what you think.

"Teachings of the Monastery" - Tiger Palm causes your next Blackout Kick to strike an additional time, stacking up to 3.

What if this gets baked into not just MW but also WW.

It's a fluid passive that subtly increases our damage and interacts with 2 of our weakest spells so it isn't at risk of being too strong (though would that be a problem at this point?), and it already exists in game from our sister spec. Have BoK stacks not break Hit Combo or our mastery - name them opportunity kicks or something, like tornado kicks in functionality - they could each trigger transfer of power, softly strengthening FoF. Have free BoK procs trigger a free triple stacked BoK instead, giving a little more weight to a mostly in-the-way proc.

Could be interesting, but how many times do you use TP more than once pr BoK, this will cause the rotation to be really wierd, like having to use FSK, CW etc at times u dont do atm just to get the proc off.

IMO i wish that they buffed Death Touch in PvE by a quite some ammount, For a 2 min CD it doesnt feel that strong, would also make the ToD gloves a little better i feel.

But yeah, the current mastery on the monk feels kinda boring, wish they had done something diffrent, like each spell giving a certiatn spell an effect, like TP buffed BOK that buffed RSK that buffed FOF that buffed TP, and these could be more fun buffs than just more %, sure would be very hard to balance that out, heck why not just make Hit Combo like that instead. Quite sure that most WW agree that hit combo is the most boring talent we have, heck even chi orbit is more interesting and that says alot.

The WW has such good baseline, feels so terrible to see how the devs apperently the potensial of the WW.
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2017-06-12 at 11:03 PM.

Well, you could completely ignore the effect, continue the rotation freely and benefit from extra BoKs. But optimally you could continue to bank chi as per both tier sets, either for RSK or soon-to-be FoF and aim to BoK just on 3 stacks or when it procs. Either way this really wouldn't interrupt the rotation, and would maybe double BoKs overall damage output? somewhere around 5-6% buff overall.

And I also wish there was more to the "combo" aspect of the spec, but after I read this I felt because it's already in game for MW, and is pretty simple it could work.