Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And in return, you get the cheapest entertainment on the planet, and you don't have to spend all of the in game time farming gold.
    I know you're exaggerating for the sake of getting attention, but in the case that you aren't, this is just beyond delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    - wow devs are simply incapable of giving content to masses - they have proven for past 6 years that only group that gets content besides launch are raiders -
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I dunno the cost of it in the US, but in the UK wow is £10 (that's all expacs up til legion) and legion is £35 - so you get all expacs and a free month for £45, that's the same price as a AAA title in the UK generally, and most AAA titles won't last you a whole month before you finish with it. WoW is phenomenally good value for money
    Who talked about AAA title?? i dont play any of those, i play simulator where content is more valuable than wow's ones that takes 2-3 years in a single master piece of work. They are expensive but last more time and you dont have to pay montly for it.

fuck aaa titles man, dont u ever come up with that bull shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    but... but they're the best games out there my dude
    haha the good old joke.

It does make me wonder if the gold price will hit the point where tokens just stop moving. I.E. Buyers will want more gold than players are willing to sell it for.

Of course that assumes Blizzard is not just simply generating the gold for the buyers.

But I could be wrong, maybe there are enough carry-selling guilds and botters out there to sustain such prices.

Player activity may drop as people can no longer sub for gold, but if tokens move, Bliz keeps making more money with fewer players, so, good for them I guess.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Player activity may drop as people can no longer sub for gold, but if tokens move, Bliz keeps making more money with fewer players, so, good for them I guess.
    No, not really, it is horrible for them in the long run, remember that most people play the game for their friends/buddies, so imagine a group of five friends, three of them pay the game time with gold, and two of them with money, if the three playing with gold quit, the two that were playing with money will also leave.
    Also if queues for most activities would become longer because the lower activity, that would create a panic in the population, a lot of them would leave for another MMO or just quit.
    MMOs are very special games, and among other things, they are very vulnerable to population panics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    No, not really, it is horrible for them in the long run, remember that most people play the game for their friends/buddies, so imagine a group of five friends, three of them pay the game time with gold, and two of them with money, if the three playing with gold quit, the two that were playing with money will also leave.
    Also if queues for most activities would become longer because the lower activity, that would create a panic in the population, a lot of them would leave for another MMO or just quit.
    MMOs are very special games, and among other things, they are very vulnerable to population panics.
    Meanwhile every 3 tokens sold make up for one of those people quitting so it doesn't even matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Meanwhile every 3 tokens sold make up for one of those people quitting so it doesn't even matter.
    In the meanwhile as you say it matters not, but in the long run population it is a must in MMOs, it is clearly something they try to get and retain, because it is very important.

You honestly think Blizzard cares that much about a game going on 13 years old this year when they've got hot flashy new franchises like Overwatch that literally print money for them and take nowhere near the amount of manpower to maintain?

10+ Year Old Account
    just spent the last few minutes reading through some posts from a couple pages back and the overwhelming idiocy is astonishing to me, there is a valid concern with how expensive the wow token has become on EU realms, and for most people has now become unobtainable to pay their subs, the arguments put forwards are "well hur dur i make 'X' per hour so it should be easy to just buy it with real cash instead" then belittling people who don't earn that/want to pay that and instead want to use the wow token as primary source for their subscription, the biggest thing that these morons have missed is that because the wow token exists people have now redistributed the money they may have spent on the wow subscription into other things, like a pay to view TV subscription/faster internet package/online media subscriptions etc, or if not looking from an entertainment pov they may have invested that $15 a month into allowing them to have extra goods when food shopping, one off items like ornaments or the such like, or investing it in a rainy day fund for when you need cash and are waiting for payday to come around etc, a whole list of reasons basically, but i guess logical thought is beyond some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    just spent the last few minutes reading through some posts from a couple pages back and the overwhelming idiocy is astonishing to me, there is a valid concern with how expensive the wow token has become on EU realms, and for most people has now become unobtainable to pay their subs, the arguments put forwards are "well hur dur i make 'X' per hour so it should be easy to just buy it with real cash instead" then belittling people who don't earn that/want to pay that and instead want to use the wow token as primary source for their subscription, the biggest thing that these morons have missed is that because the wow token exists people have now redistributed the money they may have spent on the wow subscription into other things, like a pay to view TV subscription/faster internet package/online media subscriptions etc, or if not looking from an entertainment pov they may have invested that $15 a month into allowing them to have extra goods when food shopping, one off items like ornaments or the such like, or investing it in a rainy day fund for when you need cash and are waiting for payday to come around etc, a whole list of reasons basically, but i guess logical thought is beyond some people.
    But thats your problem?
    Not sure what you want us to do about your little amount of income, we aren't a support group for people that struggle financially.
    If you can't afford the 15 euro a month or think this game isn't worth the 15 euro a month then stop playing?
    If you have to make a choice between faster internet or a wow sub.. maybe its time for different priorities in life.

What's funny is this irrelevant tirade still doesn't answer the question asked before that all those people keep dodging.

WoW tokens came out 2 years ago. How did you pay your $15 for the other 10 years this game was out?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I don't care how much the Token costs, could go up 400k for all I care, still going to buy it instead of paying IRL money for it. Why? Because farming gold gives you something to do on WoW instead of sitting in Dalaran or going on the forums and complaining how the game has no content.
    WOOOOOOOOOW, farming gold is content now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    What's funny is this irrelevant tirade still doesn't answer the question asked before that all those people keep dodging.

WoW tokens came out 2 years ago. How did you pay your $15 for the other 10 years this game was out?
    Mommy I love my mommy

Exactly. Blizzard should find better ways for people without jobs or any will to get one to enjoy their game. We're all entitled to playing their game.

They either make their game free or make farming gold so easy that we can continue farming gold as a way to play their game. Yes, playing their game should be their payment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    But thats your problem?
    Not sure what you want us to do about your little amount of income, we aren't a support group for people that struggle financially.
    If you can't afford the 15 euro a month or think this game isn't worth the 15 euro a month then stop playing?
    If you have to make a choice between faster internet or a wow sub.. maybe its time for different priorities in life.
    i pay my subscription with real currency, and have done since day one, so i don't get this nonesense at all, and still you missed the point yet again after i spelled it out, the option is there to either buy the subscription with real currency or with in game gold, and this "what did you do before the wow token" none arguement is also a joke, obviously paid money for their subscription, and i'll reiterate it yet again, since people no longer need to spend real money on the subscription they can then spend that money on other things which is likely what the vast majority of those that now use the wow token with gold model have done, so in order to pay for it again with real world currency they would need to adjust their spending pattern to accommodate it, it's not that they don't want to, it's that they have a few hoops to jump through before they can do so, but again, logical thought is clearly beyond you and others like you.

Logical thought from a guy whose posts are one giant run-on sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Player activity may drop as people can no longer sub for gold,
    According to Blizzard, minority of playerbase participate in the token market, by either selling or buying. You can all take out your tinfoil hats and start claiming Blizzard lied or was downplaying / concealing the facts, but the market being so sensitive to sudden hype rushes like destiny recently suggest the volume of tokens moved around is not so big (rather than thinking millions of people are in a position to buy destiny for tokens).

So generally the people on these forums exaggerate the size and importance of the segment of players who play through gold / tokens. The whole doomsaying that wow will lose significant portion of the playerbase if something happens to tokens is unfounded.

If really half the playerbase was paying game time with tokens, it means the other half would have to buy gold at least once per month, or 25% of playerbase would have to buy gold twice per month, every month, etc. for the system to remain sustainable, and now try to think from the other side, can you imagine a reasoning for such a big number of people constantly needing so much gold they're gonna spend 40, 60, or more $ per month? That group usually called "whales" is always small, the big spenders that have so much money they like to throw it at the games. Even if 1 whale is spending so much there are 2, 3 subs on the other end buying the game time "off him", still the total numbers won't be in millions.

People say MMO-champ has overrepresenation of segments of playerbase that are "vocal minorities" like mythic raiders for example, I guess we just found another one. Majority of the playerbase doesn't raid mythic, doesn't sleep on millions of gold, and doesn't sell or buy tokens.

People also tend to use the argument "the playerbase will be smaller and that's bad" for almost anything. Last time I heard it was some dude claiming if we report toxic / offensive players in chat it will make playerbase smaller and affect negatively the health of the game... There is probably some minimal number of players below which the game would no longer be sustainable, but many MMOs run on way lower numbers, and also let's not forget bad decisions in hopes to string players for longer might be worse in the long run than just "letting them go".

The idea "tokens should be cheap and Blizzard should control the price and add extra tokens to the market if there is none just so I can buy one cheap and stay subbed" is just thinly veiled way of saying "I want WOW to be f2p so I don't have to bother paying", problem is many games went the f2p way either out of deliberate choice or because they tried to sustain a sub-based model and failed, and majority of them ended up sucking in one way or another, either by becoming p2w, or by having so many restrictions to f2p to "force" people to sub / buy premium, or by having poor content updates and being literally on life support, or by being infested by bots and / or toxic playerbase you can't get rid of because they can make endless accounts.

Also MMORPGs require more effort to satisfy the playerbase than MOBAs or card games, the amount of "new content" people expect and the amount of work required to create satisfactory content and not a filler piece of crap is higher in MMORPGs, so the amount of MMORPGs that went down the slippery slope of f2p > milk the playerbase > put on life support with minimal content updates was fairly significant.

So careful what you wish for when you want to f2p-ify WOW so "the player numbers don't drop", if the game sucks more players will drop out than for any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Most "absurd" part is the fact I was checking some videos recently and people claim you can get enough gold for US token from playing just 1 char and only selling bacon when it pops up, mats from bloods shoulder enchant (guy claimed doing just the emissary) and sending order hall gold missions. I mean if it's literally that easy why aren't people doing it? Or are the youtubers exaggerating...
    No, it is literally that easy IF you are a reasonably heavy player and have been throughout the current expansion.

I have never engaged in any activity specifically to farm gold, and I buy more than one (US) token every month from my spare gold. But I do have three characters with maxed out order hall champions, which helps with order hall missions. I do check the mobile app while I'm at work to increase my mission efficiency. I do enjoy running WQs and can tear through them at lightning speed on four characters (my fourth 110 still has crappy champions and there's not really any way to accelerate gearing them up).

Most importantly, I don't really spend any gold in game. I just don't enjoy spending gold. There's nothing I need to buy, I'm not a raider any more so I don't need flasks or runes or anything. If I want something, I find it more fun to farm it myself than spend on the AH. That's probably the biggest factor in whether or not you have spare gold for tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    No, it is literally that easy IF you are a reasonably heavy player and have been throughout the current expansion.

I have never engaged in any activity specifically to farm gold, and I buy more than one (US) token every month from my spare gold. But I do have three characters with maxed out order hall champions, which helps with order hall missions. I do check the mobile app while I'm at work to increase my mission efficiency. I do enjoy running WQs and can tear through them at lightning speed on four characters (my fourth 110 still has crappy champions and there's not really any way to accelerate gearing them up).

Most importantly, I don't really spend any gold in game. I just don't enjoy spending gold. There's nothing I need to buy, I'm not a raider any more so I don't need flasks or runes or anything. If I want something, I find it more fun to farm it myself than spend on the AH. That's probably the biggest factor in whether or not you have spare gold for tokens.
    That last part is the best way to "farm gold". The less you spend, the quicker it piles up. I got all professions spread over a bunch of 101-110 characters, so I never buy flasks, gems, food or enchants. I create it all my self, and farm most of the materials while doing WQs on two of my chars (if not all thanks to Bloods).
    Simply by not spending several thousand golds every raid night (I have 3, + alt runs when I feel like it), and by sending out missions on one char and doing WQs on two, the gold just piles up so quick. Not quick enough to be able to buy game tokens in EU though. But quick enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore