Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Chat banned ingame due to Guild macro.

Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing. Now i got pissed the second time i got banned due to "spamming" even though there is a limit to what you can use on the trade chat IN THE GAME. I opened up a live chat and had arguements with 3 GMs in total, im not gonna go into too much detail but honestly, how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days, i explained my situation to one of them and he told me "you can't advertise your guild on the trade channel". I also asked the other 2 what the number of acceptable messages are , one said i should use my macro once per HOUR and the other said once every 4-5 minutes, im just baffled as to how these people work at Blizzard, might aswell put a instant response bot instead for free.

With that being said i never had any problems with this every since WoD and even upto this day on Legion, even though i used the same amount of macros and "spammed" them as long as i was in a major city. Now i know that the report system can be abused and i asked the GMs who reported me because i had a couple of ideas as to who might abuse the system to get me banned, but obviously they said they can't disclose that information.

Why did i bother writing this here on mmochamp? Basically because im frustrated at how the GMs are clueless and can't help me with something as simple as this.

Irrelevant crap, also irrelevaant to blame the GMs or ask them to disclose "who reported you", thats the epitome of stupid.

You just got reported a lot which resulted in auto-ban, relax and wait for it to run out.

Oh no. How will people know about your obviously awesome guild that apparently can only attract members via spam?

Awesome, less guild spam in trade is great.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The way disruptive behaviour is judged is based on if it was disruptive - WOW who'd'a thought.

If lots of people complained about your behaviour, then it was disruptive.

Tell you a secret, takes a lot to make me take the time out of my game play to right click, select name and press yes ... because like everyone else in this game we are f'kn lazy.

So if you managed to prod a stack of people into doing it ... then something went wrong.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Oh good they are banning guild spam. Good job Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caramiowow View Post
    Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing. Now i got pissed the second time i got banned due to "spamming" even though there is a limit to what you can use on the trade chat IN THE GAME. I opened up a live chat and had arguements with 3 GMs in total, im not gonna go into too much detail but honestly, how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days, i explained my situation to one of them and he told me "you can't advertise your guild on the trade channel". I also asked the other 2 what the number of acceptable messages are , one said i should use my macro once per HOUR and the other said once every 4-5 minutes, im just baffled as to how these people work at Blizzard, might aswell put a instant response bot instead for free.

With that being said i never had any problems with this every since WoD and even upto this day on Legion, even though i used the same amount of macros and "spammed" them as long as i was in a major city. Now i know that the report system can be abused and i asked the GMs who reported me because i had a couple of ideas as to who might abuse the system to get me banned, but obviously they said they can't disclose that information.

Why did i bother writing this here on mmochamp? Basically because im frustrated at how the GMs are clueless and can't help me with something as simple as this.
    wait you spam it so often you get the grace period? lol that is way too often, once every 15 minutes is what you want, any more and it is just fucking annoying
    3 gms? you must have a thick skull
    the numbers they gave you are simply what they think is acceptable, blizz has not come out and said a specific number, but you were odviously doing it way too often if you did it more then once every 4 minutes... like holy shit
    also they dont work at blizzard, they work for blizzard, they are players just like you and me who have taken up the role of helping, they are nothing super duper special, they dont know when the next expansion is coming out, they dont know who the final boss is, they dont get a 3 figure paycheck, stop treating them like they literally go to blizzard HQ each morning to work, then head home, these people either work at home or in a minor office in their state

also yeah trade chat is not the place for guild adverts, there is a channel for that, but people have sorta turned trade chat from trade chat to "fucking anything chat"

lol who reported you? really "HEY WTF i wanna know who told you guys i murdered my wife!?"
    do you understand how fucking stupid that sounds? you cant just ask them who reported you then cry that they cant
    also the report system can be abused to get you a temp mute, but the GM's will then look over your file and decide if you really deserve the mute/ban based on how often/what you are saying

btw you sorta out yourself as a MAJOR spammer by saying "the gm said 4-5 minutes each" meaning that he did not agree with you, or else he would of removed the punishment, but you seem to be saying that even he was saying "you are going too fast" meaning you were spamming your guild messege more then 4 minutes each, and that is fucking insane

last but not least, fuck you, the gms did help, they explained to you, trade chat is for trade there is a guild recruitment channel, stop spamming your messege more then once every 4 minutes.... like holy fucking shit more often then 4 minutes!? and they told you what happened, why, and how to fix it, and you tried to get them to break privacy agreement by trying to get them to tell you who reported you?
    also it is unlikely they even know, speaking that it does not matter
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-06-12 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yep, it would take me seeing it more frequently. Three times in 5 minutes or so would be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild ...
    Stopped reading after this. Why are you advertising your shitty guild in TRADE chat? There are proper channels (like the guild recruitment tab) to do this. You and every other person who uses the TRADE chat to guild recruit should indeed be chat banned.

Thank you, Blizz!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

So what I imagine you would say to a police officer who pulled you over for speeding...is yes, you knew you were breaking the law, someone gave a tip to the police and they acted on it, instead of accepting responsibility you are focusing blame on other people, because its their fault you did something that was against the law, even though you have infact by your own admission been breaking said law for years. You have spoken to other officers who have said to go the speed limit or even slower then that, but you refuse to believe such non-sense.

Gottcha.

Stop using /2 for your guild, if only they had a general or looking for group channel...and maybe stop being that annoying person who takes up a trade window with nothing but constant. relentless. guild spam. It clearly isnt working. Go DO SOME CONTENT...talk to people that perform well, tell them your raid nights...ask if they are interested instead of bombarding your realm/community with nothing more then spam email in their chat windows ffs.

Trade isn't for guild recruitment. You should be reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd cut all guild spam out of trade, especially on high pop realms... There are entire sections on the forum where you can advertise your guild let alone websites that are frequented (like this one).
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I think you're looking for help in the wrong place. Hint: it's not the GMs who are clueless.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in
    Yeah, that's spamming. Don't do that. What part of this is confusing for you?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Stopped reading after this. Why are you advertising your shitty guild in TRADE chat? There are proper channels (like the guild recruitment tab) to do this. You and every other person who uses the TRADE chat to guild recruit should indeed be chat banned.

Thank you, Blizz!
    Oh for fucks sake, stop. Trade chat hasnt been "trade" chat since the day of its release. Its been used as a social channel more than the damned general channel is.

how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days,
    call centre, these arn't GMs of the old days. Its call centre type service.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you spam something to an amount just before grace period, that is too much. So, you most likely got reported by people whom got tired of seeing it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, stop. Trade chat hasnt been "trade" chat since the day of its release. Its been used as a social channel more than the damned general channel is.
    Which is why they should really crack down on it.

So what I imagine you would say to a police officer who pulled you over for speeding...is yes, you knew you were breaking the law. Someone gave a tip to the police and they acted on it. Instead of accepting responsibility you are focusing blame on other people, because its their fault you did something that was against the law, even though you have infact by your own admission been breaking said law for years. You have spoken to other officers who have said to go the speed limit or even slower then that, but you refuse to believe such non-sense.

Gottcha.

Stop using /2 for your guild, if only they had a general or looking for group channel...and maybe stop being that annoying person who takes up a trade window with nothing but constant. relentless. guild spam. It clearly isnt working. Go DO SOME CONTENT...talk to people that perform well, tell them your raid nights...ask if they are interested instead of bombarding your realm/community with nothing more then spam email in their chat windows ffs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with most of the people here.

There's a chat channel for it. There's a guild recruitment tab for it. There's even an area on the WoW forums for guild recruitment on your specific server. You deserve your ban so be a man and deal with the consequences. If you're that salty about it then just report every other person who spams trade with guild recruitment messages if your excuse is honestly "everyone else is doing it".
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |