Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i do is use my macro two times
    Theres your problem. Why would you do that? That is spam. Its just as bad as the people who spam it in as many channels as they can multiple times before the grace period sets in. When I was a recruiter for my guild, I despised people who did this. You made it hard for others to get seen, so the weaker people would then start doing the same thing and compounding the issue. I started reporting any of them on sight. People need to understand. 1 time every 10 mins or so is fine. If you spam it like you do, you're just going to annoy people and then they wont talk to you because they put you on ignore due to the spam. Can't recruit anyone who has you on ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caramiowow View Post
    Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing.
    If you are sending out your message in a way that consistently hits the grace period then you're spamming.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    So guilds should just not used macros on the trade channel? then i guess every single player who does this sort of thing should be banned, in my case i haven't had a ban for years and recently a bunch of people report me and i get banned twice in a row within 2 weeks, im %99 certain that its due to a bunch of people and their friends reporting. So when you can game the system is it fair that the ban stays? i asked the GMs who reported me and obviously i couldn't get an answer due to privacy issues.

Also people who are saying you cant use /2 for guild recruitment, please stop kidding, almost everyone uses trade chat to advertise their guilds along with trade related things aswell, so i guess every guild that uses their macro on /2 should be banned because thats the only fair way i see it. Right now im checking the trade chat and see people double spamming but obviously they dont get banned because a bunch of angry friends dont grief report them.
    no, but every guild who fills /2 with a paragraph of a guild recruitment every 2 minutes should be banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a channel for it, But really people have used /2 as a general channel for the entirety of it's existence,
    However, I would(and lots more people) report you for spamming it like that, It's so annoying in trade to see people always hit the macro twice, or more, just press it once, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes there is when your not in a guild you can go into the guild finder
    guild recruitment if you are not in a guild will be visable to you
    also you could use sites like wowprogress, the forums, etc

Those ingame tools suck...i cannnot even remember when those tools came out but in all my years in guild and even leading guilds (cata/mop was last time) i never heard of obtaining raiders from in game tools.

the other sites are third party.

There is no good tools in game to help guilds recruit.

Also, you know why spamming trade is poplar? Cause it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Like that would ever happen. How long has Trade chat been around now? They will NEVER crackdown on it.
    Doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, but every guild who fills /2 with a paragraph of a guild recruitment every 2 minutes should be banned
    They do it because it works.

Instead of saying "they should be banned"...people should be yelling at blizzard to make better tools to help guild recruitment. The current tools are shit...hence trade spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    That's because any guild worth a damn recruits on forums. Leave the channel and tab for the "casual leveling guilds".

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I try to sell something in /2 these days it usually ends with a group of people trolling by "WTS [ITEM] 5g".
    The late 90s / early 00s instant messaged and want their recruiting method back. You don't need forums anymore. Hell, id wager that less than 5% of guilds even have websites, much less recruitment forums.

Guild spam is worse than gold sellers.

Stay banned.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use the report as spam option not only to prevent myself from seeing future messages from that person but to also instantly remove the wall of text they just output.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    I miss Barrens chat and local defence.

On a more serious note, if you hit the grace period consistently, I don't really see how this couldn't be seen as spamming in anyone's eyes?

I also have never been in a guild (as a casual now and a serious raider in the past) actually find someone of note via trade chat. Overpriced Mounts? Yes. Serious recruits? No.

Why should guilds who use the trade channel filter to its fullest be banned? why isn't it changed to a point where you can only spam 1 macro per the current grace period then, how does this make any sense. If there is a current filter and i can't change it, then im not doing anything wrong wether you think its morally correct or not doesnt matter, i also checked the terms of service of WoW about communication which is:

Communication
    When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

Also to the person saying you cant find serious recruits on trade chat, i found most players in my guild from the trade chat, so you have no clue what you are talking about.

so checking all of that, there is nothing about "spamming" that should get me banned, especially if using trade channel to its fullest is considered spam.

What is the point of WTS " " anyway when you can just put it on the auction house? When I see "WTS ___" I usually ignore them because it is a battlenet item (probably scam) or it is an achievement or mount that can only be gotten on your own account like Time Lost Proto drake. How can you sell a time lost proto drake without account sharing?

Deleted
    Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming"
    Yeah you need to stop spamming. That will help, I promise you.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing. Now i got pissed the second time i got banned due to "spamming" even though there is a limit to what you can use on the trade chat IN THE GAME. I opened up a live chat and had arguements with 3 GMs in total, im not gonna go into too much detail but honestly, how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days, i explained my situation to one of them and he told me "you can't advertise your guild on the trade channel". I also asked the other 2 what the number of acceptable messages are , one said i should use my macro once per HOUR and the other said once every 4-5 minutes, im just baffled as to how these people work at Blizzard, might aswell put a instant response bot instead for free.

With that being said i never had any problems with this every since WoD and even upto this day on Legion, even though i used the same amount of macros and "spammed" them as long as i was in a major city. Now i know that the report system can be abused and i asked the GMs who reported me because i had a couple of ideas as to who might abuse the system to get me banned, but obviously they said they can't disclose that information.

Why did i bother writing this here on mmochamp? Basically because im frustrated at how the GMs are clueless and can't help me with something as simple as this.
    Good! I'm glad you got banned. There is a guild recruitment channel for a reason. I hate the spam and report everyone for spamming that shit in trade. Finally the GMs are doing their job.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

IIRC there's some automation with the system, at least it was shown to be for the first couple of months. Haven't heard much about it lately. If it's still a thing, just use a throwaway account to protect yourself. Licenses tend to go for 5 dollars when they're on sale, was less than a dollar then the WoW movie was out

Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing. Now i got pissed the second time i got banned due to "spamming" even though there is a limit to what you can use on the trade chat IN THE GAME. I opened up a live chat and had arguements with 3 GMs in total, im not gonna go into too much detail but honestly, how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days, i explained my situation to one of them and he told me "you can't advertise your guild on the trade channel". I also asked the other 2 what the number of acceptable messages are , one said i should use my macro once per HOUR and the other said once every 4-5 minutes, im just baffled as to how these people work at Blizzard, might aswell put a instant response bot instead for free.

With that being said i never had any problems with this every since WoD and even upto this day on Legion, even though i used the same amount of macros and "spammed" them as long as i was in a major city. Now i know that the report system can be abused and i asked the GMs who reported me because i had a couple of ideas as to who might abuse the system to get me banned, but obviously they said they can't disclose that information.

Why did i bother writing this here on mmochamp? Basically because im frustrated at how the GMs are clueless and can't help me with something as simple as this.
    Those GM's probably gave you what they thought would be an acceptable answer to them. As ultimately, it's up to the community to decide "how much is too much" since they are the ones who report it.

With that said, I'd say both are wrong. The reason being is you are spamming trade chat for guild recruitment. Whether it be once every day, every hour or whatever. Trade chat is simply meant for that, trading/bartering/selling/etc. It's not meant for you to be spamming your guild advertisements, having idle conversations, etc. On the other hand, yes we know "everyone does it", but that doesn't mean it's right. For guild recruitment there is an actual guild recruitment channel, an in-game tool, forums, etc to use and even then using it in general would be acceptable once every few hours. So no, it doesn't surprise me you got muted for it as a lot of people don't want to read chat for some guild advertisement they've seen multiple times that week already.

Also people who are saying you cant use /2 for guild recruitment, please stop kidding, almost everyone uses trade chat to advertise their guilds along with trade related things aswell,
    Except they don't. Out of the hundred or thousands of guilds on a realm, you seen the same 2-5 guilds spamming trade chat.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-06-12 at 06:42 PM.

This is a good addon for you people that don't like spam in general https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/bad-boy

Just because "everyone" does something the wrong way, that does not make it right. And calling the GM's morons that are clueless and out of touch with the game for stating what the rules are is not fair.

I'm glad your banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.