Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There's 2 problems with that argument:

1. In UH DKs, Plagues and Summoning interact with each other, they're not separate.
    2. We have a class that only spreads diseases, and that would be the Affliction Warlock.
    1. Pray tell what about pet/disease interaction invalidates the fact that being split between both allows the spec to properly fulfill neither?
    2. We have mechanical & slight thematic overlap with classes already. That was one of your biggest arguments against DH in the first place. There's certainly more room for Necromancer than there was DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    But still you can do, even without buff and so on, exceute 90% of rotation. And nice to see you completely do not read what i said about BM hunter.
    Yeah, because the pet damage is passive damage from your pet, just like the BM hunter. You remove that DPS contribution, and you have to compensate, along with coming up with an entire slew of new abilities. I saw your comment about BM hunters. Did you miss my response about how UH DKs have about the same level of interaction as the BM Hunter has?

Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    1. Pray tell what about pet/disease interaction invalidates the fact that being split between both allows the spec to properly fulfill neither?
    2. We have mechanical & slight thematic overlap with classes already. That was one of your biggest arguments against DH in the first place. There's certainly more room for Necromancer than there was DH.

1. Please explain how summoning multiple types and quantities of undead minion doesn't fulfill the fantasy of a Necromancer.
    2. Yes, and look what happened: Warlocks got gutted, and DHs got stuck with only 2 specs. Necromancers would actually be worse than that, since Warlocks at least weren't an agile melee class, which allowed Blizzard to come up with some interesting melee/agility-based abilities that Warlocks would never be capable of.

Everything you're desiring from the Necromancer can be currently performed by the DK class. Being able to summon more minions at once? Higher interaction with your pets (don't know how that would work)? DKs are fully capable of that now.

Deleted
    Yeah, because the pet damage is passive damage from your pet, just like the BM hunter. You remove that DPS contribution, and you have to compensate, along with coming up with an entire slew of new abilities. I saw your comment about BM hunters. Did you miss my response about how UH DKs have about the same level of interaction as the BM Hunter has?

Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Please explain how summoning multiple types and quantities of undead minion doesn't fulfill the fantasy of a Necromancer.
    2. Yes, and look what happened: Warlocks got gutted, and DHs got stuck with only 2 specs. Necromancers would actually be worse than that, since Warlocks at least weren't an agile melee class, which allowed Blizzard to come up with some interesting melee/agility-based abilities that Warlocks would never be capable of.

Everything you're desiring from the Necromancer can be currently performed by the DK class. Being able to summon more minions at once? Higher interaction with your pets (don't know how that would work)? DKs are fully capable of that now.
    Please list me the number of ability that DK use to interact (not passive stuff) with pet. HINT: we can't even heal pet anymore, so much for interation!

And again, what's wrong with 2 spec? I barely see any DH complain about this. And warlock demo gutted? It's in a great spot right now, and finally he fullfill the summoner fantasy archetipe.
    Last edited by mmocb0e3ddb3c1; 2017-06-12 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please list me the number of ability that DK use to interact (not passive stuff) with pet. HINT: we can't even heal pet anymore, so much for interation!
    Um why? Anyone can simply look at the ability list for themselves. Again, DKs have a pet bar with their minion, that gives them direct control and interaction.

Please keep in mind, you're advocating for a new class because you feel that DKs don't interact with their minion enough.

And again, what's wrong with 2 spec? I barely see any DH complain about this. And warlock demo gutted? It's in a great spot right now, and finally he fullfill the summoner fantasy archetipe.
    DHs only got two specs because they weren't different enough from existing classes to create a unique 3rd spec.

Necromancer would be even worse than that.

We should be pushing for new unique classes. At best with a Necromaner we're going to have two classes doing fundamentally the same tbing.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-06-12 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    tinker in mail armor please, least used armor yet
    Yeah it they ever add another class it HAS to be a Mail wearer, and should be a Heal/DPS to balance out DH.

Deleted
    Um why? Anyone can simply look at the ability list for themselves. Again, DKs have a pet bar with their minion, that gives them direct control and interaction.

Please keep in mind, you're advocating for a new class because you feel that DKs don't interact with their minion enough.

DHs only got two specs because they weren't different enough from existing classes to create a unique 3rd spec.

We should be pushing for new unique classes. At best with a Necromaner we're going to have two classes doing fundamentally the same tbing.
    PFFFFFFFFFFTTT...... sorry Teriz, but you lose this one..... and this is sad, because you are so stubborn to not understand that i am not even against your beloved tinker..... but you really dropped the ball here.......

10+ Year Old Account
    PFFFFFFFFFFTTT...... sorry Teriz, but you lose this one..... and this is sad, because you are so stubborn to not understand that i am not even against your beloved tinker..... but you really dropped the ball here.......
    It's not about something being "beloved" it's about wanting something different than what we currently have instead of rehashing crap because it sounds cool. DH is a shallow class because it shares so many attributes with existing classes. I'd think most players would want to avoid that in the future.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-06-12 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a Necromancer, their called Unholy DKs.

We have a Tinker, it's called Engineering.

I voted Bard because it's the only real choice.

Although my personal choice would be a Runemaster with 2 ranged specs and a healing spec.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-06-12 at 06:00 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Just taking the D2 necromancer as inspiration, they could create a poison spec. That's two specs, at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have yet to provide any difference between a DK and a Necromancer. The spells you mentioned for the Necromancer could just easily be given to the DK class and fit right in.
    1 - It wouldn't make sense to start giving Bone Spears, Spirits, Dagger, Teeth, Prison, Wall or Nova to a Death Knight.
    It would simply water down the strong concepts of Blood, Cold and Decay the class focuses on.
    Marrowrend should be replaced with something that fully embraces Blood.
    2 - Even if you give DK's a 4th spec focused on Bone, there's still plenty of stuff that can be done differently between a melee fighter and a caster using the exact same "school".
    Frost DK vs Frost Mage, Holy Priest vs Holy Paladin, Holy/Discipline Priest vs Retribution/Protection Paladin.
    3 - Having a caster using cast time based Physical damage would be interesting. Necromancer could provide that.
    If you're thinking about Marksmanship, don't forget about Fire vs Destruction or Shadow vs Affliction.
    4 - Necromancer would probably share the concept of Curses with Warlocks.
    Not the same curses, though.
    5 - Death Knight minions are cooldown based and passive companions for the most part.
    Necromancer gameplay with minions should be closer to Beastmastery or Demonology - where you interact frequently with your minions.
    Imagine sacrificing your skeletons to cause a Bone Explosion, etc. Constantly casting all sorts of skeletons and "modifying" them for all sorts of purposes.
    6 - You seem to try to sell the idea that Undeath is fully explored by Death Knights.
    I simply don't agree.
    Look at Necromancer from Diablo 2, 3 and even Guild Wars 1 and it doesn't take a lot of imagination to realize it can be worlds apart from Death Knights in every way.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-06-12 at 06:12 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

It's not about something being "beloved" it's about wanting something different than what we currently have instead of rehashing crap because it sounds cool. DH is a shallow class because it shares so many attributes with existing classes. I'd think most players would want to avoid that in the future.
    Warriors are a shallow class because they share so much with paladins and death knights. Nor are druids a shallow class because they take so much gameplay from warriors and rogues. The DH takes practically nothing from the classes, but hey, gotta push that narrative, right?

None of these classes fit WoW Lore, from what I understand. Why would any of them be put into the game?

I don't see an tinker specific heroes in lore, everyone can be a tinker in a way via engineering. Necros? Isn't that kind of a warlock already? Instead of undead he summons demons, drains life from their enemy, etc? Never gonna happen. And bard? They wouldn't put a purely support class that isn't a healer, tank, or dps in the game. A bard is never one of the three.

I really don't understand the three options before us. If any class gets added, it would be a class specific to the Warcraft lore, a hero that is already out there that isn't accounted for. IE. Blademaster, Witch Doctor(maybe), would be one of the ones they would choose.

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    So we got Demon Hunters, and it turned out to be another leather melee class. After DKs, Monks, and DHs (and Survival changing to melee) people are clamoring for a new ranged class. Others say that the class should be mail, since only Shaman and Hunters can use the armor type.

So, the question is what class should be next? Here are the three leading candidates:

Tinker: Gnome and Goblins using machinery and advanced technology to fight enemies.

Necromancer: Sinister spell-casters that use the dead to defeat their foes.

Bard: Talented musician who uses the power of song and music to buff up their allies.

Which one do you think will be the next class?

Honestly, none of them. DK's and Warlocks cover the Necromancer pretty well and Tinker as its own class makes little to no sense. We have engineers and having an entire class devoted to tricks and gadgets just doesn't seem feasible. As for the Bard, I doubt they will make a class entirely devoted to buffing others. In addition it just seems very boring. I would rather have more class/race combinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Necromancer would be too close to Warlocks & DKs, & a Tinker is just the engineering profession.

Out of the ones on this list, I'd love to see a Bard class. Have them focus on buffing and mitigating damage to players. Would be totally unique & a fresh feel to the game. Plus, who doesn't want to rock out during a raid with a badass lute?! Hah.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

OP plays a lot of League of Legends i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer because WOW needs hero class with at least one ranged spec.

Lorewise there is nothing wrong with Alliance and Horde getting necromancers, because they already have Death Knights who raise Undead,Ghouls and other Scourge-like stuff, also Death Knights are undead themselves.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-06-12 at 06:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    None of these classes fit WoW Lore.
    Oh, come on. Necromancers are all over the place in WoW.
    And are you really saying Goblin and Gnomes having their unique class focused on gadgets makes no sense?
    You already have Demon Hunters only available to Night Elf and Blood Elf.

I honestly think Necromancer and Tinker are the only Classes ever worth adding to WoW.

All the remaining "Hero Classes" no longer make sense being added as Classes.
    Some of them would make more sense unlocked as "Hero Specs".
    Hero Classes worth becoming a Hero Spec:
    Blademaster (Rogue, Warrior) - Self-explanatory
    Witch Doctor (Priest, Shaman) - Self-explanatory
    Shadow Hunter (Shaman, Hunter) - Nature & Shadow
    Other concepts probably not worth an entire class, but might work as a new Spec:
    Bard (Hunter) - Discipline-style Healer/Support+Ranged DPS Hybrid
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-06-12 at 06:25 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    1 - It wouldn't make sense to start giving Bone Spears, Spirits, Dagger, Teeth, Prison, Wall or Nova to a Death Knight.
    It would simply water down the strong concepts of Blood, Cold and Decay the class focuses on.
    Marrowrend should be replaced with something that fully embraces Blood.
    Why wouldn't it make sense? They already have abilities that summon bones for defense and attack. What would adding more such abilities change?

It's like saying that Forked Lightning makes no sense for Shaman.

I've addressed the rest of your post in earlier responses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Warriors are a shallow class because they share so much with paladins and death knights. Nor are druids a shallow class because they take so much gameplay from warriors and rogues. The DH takes practically nothing from the classes, but hey, gotta push that narrative, right?
    Not really because you still have the knight, beserker, blademaster, Grunt, Mountain King, Doorman, T. Chieftain, etc. theme within the warrior class, so it's not even close to being shallow.

Saying that Druids are shallow when they have 4 diverse specs isn't worth responding to.

Blizzard themselves have stated that DHs were limited to 2 specs because of design space. Going too far on the magic angle collides with warlocks. Going to far on the shadowy assassin angle collides with Rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    A Necromancer would be too close to Warlocks & DKs, & a Tinker is just the engineering profession.
    Professions aren't the same as classes.

Saying that Druids are shallow when they have 4 diverse specs isn't worth responding to.
    I wouldn't be so sure when two of those four "diverse specs" are literal copy-paste of the warrior and rogue gameplays, down to having the same resources (rage, and combo points).

Blizzard themselves have stated that DHs were limited to 2 specs because of design space.
    And?

Going too far on the magic angle collides with warlocks.
    I don't recall them ever saying that.
    Going to far on the shadowy assassin angle collides with Rogues.
    Or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Necromancer because WOW needs hero class with at least one ranged spec.

Lorewise there is nothing wrong with Alliance and Horde getting necromancers, because they already have Death Knights who raise Undead,Ghouls and other Scourge-like stuff, also Death Knights are undead themselves.
    What makes Necromancer a Hero class? If anything, they'd be a regular class since they're based on the Necromancer units of Warcraft 3.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.