Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caramiowow View Post
    So guilds should just not used macros on the trade channel? then i guess every single player who does this sort of thing should be banned, in my case i haven't had a ban for years and recently a bunch of people report me and i get banned twice in a row within 2 weeks, im %99 certain that its due to a bunch of people and their friends reporting. So when you can game the system is it fair that the ban stays? i asked the GMs who reported me and obviously i couldn't get an answer due to privacy issues.

Also people who are saying you cant use /2 for guild recruitment, please stop kidding, almost everyone uses trade chat to advertise their guilds along with trade related things aswell, so i guess every guild that uses their macro on /2 should be banned because thats the only fair way i see it. Right now im checking the trade chat and see people double spamming but obviously they dont get banned because a bunch of angry friends dont grief report them.
    have you ever thought why most of these "guild spammers" are level 10 alts or something? No, you shouldn't use guild spamming as a tool to invite people in your guild. In fact, i don't recall seeing any decent guild forming from spam in chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should guilds who use the trade channel filter to its fullest be banned? why isn't it changed to a point where you can only spam 1 macro per the current grace period then, how does this make any sense. If there is a current filter and i can't change it, then im not doing anything wrong wether you think its morally correct or not doesnt matter, i also checked the terms of service of WoW about communication which is:

Communication
    When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

Also to the person saying you cant find serious recruits on trade chat, i found most players in my guild from the trade chat, so you have no clue what you are talking about.

so checking all of that, there is nothing about "spamming" that should get me banned, especially if using trade channel to its fullest is considered spam.
    It falls under disruptive, but keep making excuses, and keep doing what you are doing... Eventually the duration of your silencing will be longer than you can tolerate and you'll either comply (finally) or you'll ragequit the game.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole reason i opened this thread is because i am pissed at how even now i can see players double spamming macros, using trade chat for different things still exist. If you want a system you cant make exceptions, just because a bunch of angry people who dont like me reported me shouldnt be a problem ( i also do think that its a group of friends who did this on purpose because i have reasons to belive so ) , if you are going to ban me because of something like this i expect everyone who double macros on cooldown and uses trade chat for ANYTHING other then buying and selling items to be banned.
    There are no exceptions. Report them. Simple as that.

Dealing drugs is illegal in itself and people go to jail for it. It's not like the drug dealers that haven't been caught yet are "exceptions". They just simply haven't been caught.

If you're honestly so paranoid that you think you're only chat banned because of some people that hate you then you should probably fix your attitude and stop pissing everybody off. That or get off your high horse and realize that people don't care as much about you as you think they do and have better things to do than to dedicate their time trying to get you banned. People reporting you because you annoying them. Likely trying to sell something and you kept spamming their listing from view shit like that is why I don't like guild spammers. If you got banned for it then you probably deserved it.

Honestly I can't say I've ever had to make the excuse "they did it on purpose because they hate me". Maybe it's because I'm not one to try and make enemies with people that I'm bound to run into again.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-06-12 at 07:14 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    The whole reason i opened this thread is because i am pissed at how even now i can see players double spamming macros, using trade chat for different things still exist. If you want a system you cant make exceptions, just because a bunch of angry people who dont like me reported me shouldnt be a problem ( i also do think that its a group of friends who did this on purpose because i have reasons to belive so ) , if you are going to ban me because of something like this i expect everyone who double macros on cooldown and uses trade chat for ANYTHING other then buying and selling items to be banned.

As to the guys saying these GMs are competent, they are mostly people who have no idea about the game, as far as i know the gms who were competent were gone a few expansions ago, now they are basically robots.
    This group of friends sound like a group you find for your amazing guild via trade channel spam.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I laughed way too much at this. I remember way back when people sarcastically attacking their own guild with things like "LF Tank, I think ours is broke".

I believe when you are not in a guild you have access to that guild recruitment tab that is replaced when you are in a guild. Its kind of like only being able to see job adverts after you have left your job. I think there needs to be a far superior tool for guild recruitment in game, unless I have completed missed it all this time?
    you can join the guild recruitment channel at any time, so if you are in a guild and want to look you can join it
    imagine how fucking annoying it would be to be in a guild and be filled with guild recruitment spam well you are perfectly healthy in your current guild
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account

As to the guys saying these GMs are competent, they are mostly people who have no idea about the game, as far as i know the gms who were competent were gone a few expansions ago, now they are basically robots.
    Then start reporting them, thats how YOU got banned. You pissed off enough people that reported you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing. Now i got pissed the second time i got banned due to "spamming" even though there is a limit to what you can use on the trade chat IN THE GAME. I opened up a live chat and had arguements with 3 GMs in total, im not gonna go into too much detail but honestly, how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days, i explained my situation to one of them and he told me "you can't advertise your guild on the trade channel". I also asked the other 2 what the number of acceptable messages are , one said i should use my macro once per HOUR and the other said once every 4-5 minutes, im just baffled as to how these people work at Blizzard, might aswell put a instant response bot instead for free.

With that being said i never had any problems with this every since WoD and even upto this day on Legion, even though i used the same amount of macros and "spammed" them as long as i was in a major city. Now i know that the report system can be abused and i asked the GMs who reported me because i had a couple of ideas as to who might abuse the system to get me banned, but obviously they said they can't disclose that information.

Why did i bother writing this here on mmochamp? Basically because im frustrated at how the GMs are clueless and can't help me with something as simple as this.
    Trade chat is used for trading bro; not spamming guild recruitment.

You know there is a guild recruit chat .... trade is for trade.

You deserve to get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, stop. Trade chat hasnt been "trade" chat since the day of its release. Its been used as a social channel more than the damned general channel is.
    and that's the problem! it should not be used as a social channel and its about time something can be seen done about it lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

What part of "you can't advertise for your guild in trade" did you not comprehend or understand?
    It is the trade channel. For trading. Not guild recruitment.

Stop breaking the rules and you'll stop being punished, simple right?
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

You know the rules don't apply solely to you? If you see spam report it. Keep your spam out of chat. Everyone wins.

And I don't know how large this group of friends is, but when you report once the person spamming doesn't show up anymore. It's like a cheap ignore function. What's incredibly more likely is it's not just a group of friends, it's an entire server that's tired of you spamming for your guild. Don't do that.

As for GMs, they're basically robots because people like you go to three different ones asking for help with a stupid problem. They have canned responses because they know you'll keep asking until they pacify you.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Take responsibility for your actions and stop spamming. The blame rests solely with you.

Love these imaginary rules people put like how often you are supposed to use the guild macro, or if you are supposed to use it on /2 ( which is basically a rule at this point, for expansion over expansion /2 is where people recruit for guilds, Blizzard doesnt have any other good options in place so its only natural that people use the trade channel ), just like people saying something is spam even though the ingame filter is what prevents spam, get real.

I could go ahead and report everyone who double macros trying to sell Yseraline seeds or trying to recruit for their own guild, i can report the guys who make Anal jokes and talk in different languages, but i dont have a stick up my butt so i dont really need to resort to reporting someone so i can have some sort of sick twist from doing so. If people are so genuinely annoyed there is always an ignore option which prevents you from seeing what someone is typing. But alas, its pointless to argue.
    Last edited by caramiowow; 2017-06-12 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, stop. Trade chat hasnt been "trade" chat since the day of its release. Its been used as a social channel more than the damned general channel is.
    There is a recruitment channel for a reason.

That is a channel we can opt out of, for a reason.
    You should not take that option away by posting in trade too.
    If someone is looking for a guild, let hem look where it is meant to be advertised.

Love these imaginary rules people put like how often you are supposed to use the guild macro, or if you are supposed to use it on /2 ( which is basically a rule at this point, for expansion over expansion /2 is where people recruit for guilds, Blizzard doesnt have any other good options in place so its only natural that people use the trade channel ), just like people saying something is spam even though the ingame filter is what prevents spam, get real.

I could go ahead and report everyone who double macros trying to sell Yseraline seeds or trying to recruit for their own guild, i can report the guys who make Anal jokes and talk in different languages, but i dont have a stick up my butt so i dont really need to resort to reporting someone so i can have some sort of sick twist from doing so. If people are so genuinely annoyed there is always an ignore option which prevents you from seeing what someone is typing. But alas, its pointless to argue.
    There are good options.
    Unwillingness to use them is the problem, because someone has to work harder to opt out of it.
    Instead of simply letting them make that choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    So guilds should just not used macros on the trade channel? then i guess every single player who does this sort of thing should be banned, in my case i haven't had a ban for years and recently a bunch of people report me and i get banned twice in a row within 2 weeks, im %99 certain that its due to a bunch of people and their friends reporting. So when you can game the system is it fair that the ban stays? i asked the GMs who reported me and obviously i couldn't get an answer due to privacy issues.

Also people who are saying you cant use /2 for guild recruitment, please stop kidding, almost everyone uses trade chat to advertise their guilds along with trade related things aswell, so i guess every guild that uses their macro on /2 should be banned because thats the only fair way i see it. Right now im checking the trade chat and see people double spamming but obviously they dont get banned because a bunch of angry friends dont grief report them.
    And that's the way the reporting system works. I'm sure people report them as well but you obviously annoyed enough people in a small period of time to trigger the automated silence. That should probably be a hint to do it less often...

The real issue is Blizzard in game recruitment interface is complete garbage. Horseshit. I downloaded Neverwinter the other day and it was light years ahead. Blizzard could easily put some effort into making it more complete than it currently is.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

This is not the way the reporting system used to work, ever since they made it automated at the end of WoD its open to abuse, it doesnt happen often and most likely people who do get abused by it dont really care, but as i said im pretty sure another guild that we had an arguement with just mass reported and resulted in this, thats what i asked the GMs , if it was people from the same guild reporting 24 7 or not and obviously i couldnt get a response, this is mainly what annoys me.

I see nothing wrong here, enjoy your chat ban OP.

This attitude is hilarious. You can't change the fact that you were doing something wrong regardless of how ever many other people do it. If you're doing something that can get you reported, how ever unlikely it is that it will actually happen, you're consenting to being punished in the event action is taken. You can cry about it all you want. It is completely valid

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the way the reporting system used to work, ever since they made it automated at the end of WoD its open to abuse, it doesnt happen often and most likely people who do get abused by it dont really care, but as i said im pretty sure another guild that we had an arguement with just mass reported and resulted in this, thats what i asked the GMs , if it was people from the same guild reporting 24 7 or not and obviously i couldnt get a response, this is mainly what annoys me.
    Do something that you can't get banned for and you'll be fine. Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

i never said i was doing something wrong, im using the ingame limit to send a recruitment macro and only through 1 channel, so how do you say that is against the rules hmm? or is it against the rules in YOUR mind just because you feel like it should be that way.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i never said i was doing something wrong, im using the ingame limit to send a recruitment macro and only through 1 channel, so how do you say that is against the rules hmm? or is it against the rules in YOUR mind just because you feel like it should be that way.
    Of course you didn't say you did anything wrong...because you think you haven't. Your server, the GMs, and damn near all of the people here say that you were.

That limit isn't there for you to spam as much possible. It's there to prevent someone from drowning out every one else. Constantly posting the same message over and over as much as possible IS SPAM. It's excessive and unnecessary and people don't want to see it. How can you pretend like it's not against the rules? If the rule was "don't exceed the message limit and it's not spam" then no one would be banned for spamming because it wouldn't be possible. You've got probably a max character limit guild message and hitting it as often as you can. It's 100% spam.

You talk about not having a stick up your ass but I disagree. Pull it out, man up to your actions, and learn from it. You're on here whining like a 12 year old right now.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-06-12 at 07:59 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |