Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    There's a solution to your problem. You don't want to use it.
    You have to live with he problem.
    The problem isn't mine and mine alone, it's an industry issue.

I don't recall playing CS:S, UT'04, Red Alert, and so on with this level of toxicity. Not just in terms of behavioral norms as we see now but also in general practice. A lot of the will to be "better" and to make those sacrifices to do so stem less from a true, raw enjoyment of the game but because one wishes to lord over others and only give more credence to their own shit-talking and the weight thereof. It is such a bizarre and unpleasant culture that has been culminated out of versus games.

So you're getting these extremes and even worse, it's derived from mostly nastiness. What the hell happened? Why is this desirable? That's why I'm angry. It isn't just because so-and-so might be jobless and spend every waking minute on Overwatch or another game but the reasons behind it. The usually crude, impish behavior that is derived from the experience of. It's sickening.

I've applied your "solution" and it ultimately isn't much better. It's just people trying to get to that same point and either failing and succeeding and along the way treating one another like utter shit.

I don't understand what you are looking for OP, that answer is very obvious, either understand QM is a roll of the dice or play competitive. The whole I beat the newbs but I get beat by the better players and that makes me sad thing is a bit childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I don't understand what you are looking for OP, that answer is very obvious, either understand QM is a roll of the dice or play competitive. The whole I beat the newbs but I get beat by the better players and that makes me sad thing is a bit childish.
    I already said I'd prefer closer matches but unfortunately ranked's vitriolic nature is ten times worse than that of QP's. So pick your poison.

I can't quite say I've ever encountered "hostility" while playing Overwatch, except in maybe the first season and that's it.

So I'm honestly a bit confused as to where people find all these ragers. If you wanna keep playing, and don't want to deal with the rage, just mute them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I can't quite say I've ever encountered "hostility" while playing Overwatch, except in maybe the first season and that's it.

So I'm honestly a bit confused as to where people find all these ragers. If you wanna keep playing, and don't want to deal with the rage, just mute them all.
    You're insanely lucky then.

Even Diamond gets nasty. If it isn't your team falling apart, it's the enemy team, and usually out in the open so there's no illusions.

Hell, I just had a guy screaming at me because I went Widow the last 30 seconds despite us having been ineffective at halting them all game and getting some picks within that short duration. Why? "OH WE LOST BECAUSE WE HAD A WIDOW FUCK ALL OF YOU!" -- What? Guy was absolutely ballistic.

Didn't even realize that was damn near a last-second selection and not something we carried from the start to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I already said I'd prefer closer matches but unfortunately ranked's vitriolic nature is ten times worse than that of QP's. So pick your poison.
    I don't think I've run into many problems in ranked at all. Really seems people act the same as QM, only they expect people to play as a team. Granted I generally play support.

And, it doesn't take that long to be decent at the game. I don't feel like I ever run into people who just destroy me and I have less than a 1/4 of the hours invested in the game as you do.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Exactly. Pick your poison and stop bitching about it. I get the feeling you're asking for better matchmaking in QM (that's new! /s) which would make it not QM anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Two clicks and you mute it all and do your thing in competitive.

The only issues this topic has highlighted is that you feel the need to complain about being bad and you ignore anyone's suggestions.

Can you turn off chat in the PC version? I suggest that and turn off voice chat.
    Sounds like you need to decide if you want to deal with the griefers and play more even games, or play for fun in a more casual setting and just go into it expecting to stomp or get stomped.

Also, people have given suggestions to help and you seem to not want to listen. Maybe take a step back from the game and other online gaming for a bit. play a rpg or something. Then comeback when you are recharged.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    Can you turn off chat in the PC version? I suggest that and turn off voice chat.
    Sounds like you need to decide if you want to deal with the griefers and play more even games, or play for fun in a more casual setting and just go into it expecting to stomp or get stomped.

Also, people have given suggestions to help and you seem to not want to listen. Maybe take a step back from the game and other online gaming for a bit. play a rpg or something. Then comeback when you are recharged.
    To be fair, a lot of people are also too dense to realize that this is a greater philosophical subject and reflection on what is the current norm.

Is it even worth continuing to play these sort of games considering their rapidly devolving pattern? The whole point of them originally was for community and now it feels like community is one of the severe negatives of. It's gotten to be nothing short of a miserable mess with people spending countless hours just to simply talk more shit and get their rocks off over the, ultimately, trivial.

Why? I'd like someone to give me a reason as to why anyone should tolerate this environment unless they're also deranged and getting their kicks. I know I'm not. I win and I bow my head like I'm not worthy. Others win and they start pissing and shitting all over walls. They work tirelessly, to attain some unspoken "right" to do as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, a lot of people are also too dense to realize that this is a greater philosophical subject and reflection on what is the current norm.

Is it even worth continuing to play these sort of games considering their rapidly devolving pattern? The whole point of them originally was for community and now it feels like community is one of the severe negatives of. It's gotten to be nothing short of a miserable mess with people spending countless hours just to simply talk more shit and get their rocks off over the, ultimately, trivial.

Why? I'd like someone to give me a reason as to why anyone should tolerate this environment unless they're also deranged and getting their kicks. I know I'm not. I win and I bow my head like I'm not worthy. Others win and they start pissing and shitting all over walls. They work tirelessly, to attain some unspoken "right" to do as much.
    Sounds like confirmation bias to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Sounds like confirmation bias to me.
    Sounds like, I'm sick of dealing with a poor environment. I miss what gaming was or at least what I once perceived it as.

15+ Year Old Account

You are in the minority and probably a contributing factor to the problem. You should just stop playing online games and save us all from inane topics like this one. Pity parties are the second room to the left.

just ignore the people who are beign toxic and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You are in the minority and probably a contributing factor to the problem. You should just stop playing online games and save us all from inane topics like this one. Pity parties are the second room to the left.
    Yeah I'm sure I'm contributing to the insane level of toxicity by not being toxic in the first place and wondering where the hell said toxicity is even coming from. Why it has become such a prevailing and almost acceptable concept within modern gaming and even arguably a major driving force for people to drop everything else.

I don't get it.

I don't get the motivation behind it. What would drive anyone to play countless hours, just so they could beat their chest, and shit-talk their opposition? I can understand enjoyment and love of the game. I can understand even some underlying addiction. What I don't understand is craven, self-afflicting, crude obsession.

That one must better and invest so that one may be "l33t" and trash talk. It makes no sense to me and even worse makes my experience less than desirable as a result. You get these insane disparities as a result and easily worse, a really foul and unpleasant community to interact with. This isn't just a thing with Overwatch either.

First time I encountered such toxicity in a high concentration was on LoL, surprise surprise. After a time I couldn't tolerate that game anymore either and fled despite having put a lot of hours into it and enjoying the hell out of it no less.

Sounds like, I'm sick of dealing with a poor environment. I miss what gaming was or at least what I once perceived it as.
    It really does sound like you just want to feel sorry for yourself and also want people to give you TLC just cause you are feeling down in the dumps... and thats not gonna happen on the internet so stop trying..

Burnouts always happens when you're not on a constant upwards path.. When you plateau you basically become this boring and lethargic individual..

Either quit the game or play Ranked to get better, NOT TO GET GOLDEN GUNS, but to improve as a person...
    Start being more articulate in everything you do and take even "fun games" serious and push yourself to not be pathetic cause after painstakingly reading through your self inflicted meltdown i wanted to damn near forget how to read.

TLR Stop being a pussy and play to win and get better

Cool. Don't give a fuck. Back to the subject matter.

Why?
    How about you go back and read suggestions people have made without finding insult in everyone's response just because you don't want to see it? This is a text based forum, you only hear what the emotions your brain puts in there.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by phyzicks View Post
    It really does sound like you just want to feel sorry for yourself and also want people to give you TLC just cause you are feeling down in the dumps... and thats not gonna happen on the internet so stop trying..

Burnouts always happens when you're not on a constant upwards path.. When you plateau you basically become this boring and lethargic individual..

Either quit the game or play Ranked to get better, NOT TO GET GOLDEN GUNS, but to improve as a person...
    Start being more articulate in everything you do and take even "fun games" serious and push yourself to not be pathetic cause after painstakingly reading through your self inflicted meltdown i wanted to damn near forget how to read.

TLR Stop being a pussy and play to win and get better
    Blocked. I've had enough of this. Same exact venom I've grown weary of in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    How about you go back and read suggestions people have made without finding insult in everyone's response just because you don't want to see it? This is a text based forum, you only hear what the emotions your brain puts in there.
    Because most responses actually had literal insults in them.

Maybe you should go back and read some of their posts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw someone the other day with like 2500 hours played, he had like 5400 QP wins. His portrait was like gold and platinum. I was like holy hell, how???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    I saw someone the other day with like 2500 hours played, he had like 5400 QP wins. His portrait was like gold and platinum. I was like holy hell, how???!!!
    Is it Sylphea? They're actually one of the exceptions of nice a player with maybe too much time on their hands, especially considering. I've enjoyed interacting with them in the past.

But they also do virtually no competitive and clearly don't take the game seriously on just about any level. How they have the time to dedicate to it still yet(and why) is beyond me considering common modern motivation which tends to be extremely "douchey". A rare one, they are.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-06-12 at 08:43 PM.