36 10.84%
  • 120- 130

56 16.87%
  • 130 and over

186 56.02%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    James watson is a racist pig.

It was 125 when i was younger. Now Im feeling dumb and depressed like 24/7 I think it has been lowered a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    My memory is great, sadly, but my problem is im to nervous and hectic, nothing i do i pay full attention to. So most of the things I do i never complete because my thoughts wonder away and i get distracted EZ with meaningless stuff.
    Yep same, the Working memory basically was 88 the worst, basically part of it was being given numbers in a certain sequence like 8, 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 6 then saying them back in the same order, the more you can remember and repeat back the better it seems you do, for me after about 5 or 6 numbers out of 10 attempts i would fuck up 2 to 3 times.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    LOL why, some people are being pretty honest, I kind of like to know the break down on these Mensa members we have here.
    Seriously though I did one in university and got like...108 or something. Somewhere between 100 - 110.

Naturally everyone put 130+ cos lying on the internet is cool and makes people feel better about their insecurities even though IQ is total nonsense and doesn't really measure...anything. Maybe it measures peoples need to bullshit about pointless stuff? Then it'd be spot on.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-06-12 at 11:43 PM.

Well at $300 a pop at least for me, I can see why not a lot of people would do that, but for $300 you get a pretty damn good break down.

I mean personally I rather pay $300 and find out about who I am rather than spend $200 for some DNA test, which I might do next if I have a little extra to spend for fun.
    You could have an IQ of 160 and no ambition. You could have an IQ of 105 and be extremely successful. The IQ test is meaningless in telling you who you are. I'm fairly average naturally but my ability to learn, comprehend and understand is above average. What's important is wanting to learn and being able to learn. I'm good at my job, that's about it because it makes me money. I could learn other things, but I don't want to. I just want to come home, get high and play games.

around 100.. Which to my understanding is what the average person have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    James watson is a racist pig.
    Why do you mean, I have read a few things Alfred Binet and David Wechsler, but non in those academic circles besides Charles Murray, and Richard Herrnstein. One of whom is dead bit other than Charles Murray, I can't think of any I would agree with that on.

Yep same, the Working memory basically was 88 the worst, basically part of it was being given numbers in a certain sequence like 8, 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 6 then saying them back in the same order, the more you can remember and repeat back the better it seems you do, for me after about 5 or 6 numbers out of 10 attempts i would fuck up 2 to 3 times.
    Problem with those types of tests is that if you practice enough you can trick them. Like assigning meanings to numbers and then you dont look at them as such, things that are around you all day, like name of your kids and wife ( if you are married ), best friends, and so on. When you don't look at that as a game you need to beat not just something you wanna pass it will never work.
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-06-12 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Seriously though I did one in university and got like...108 or something. Somewhere between 100 - 110.

Naturally everyone put 130+ cos lying on the internet is cool and makes people feel better about their insecurities even though IQ is total nonsense and doesn't really measure...anything. Maybe it measures peoples need to bullshit about pointless stuff? Then it'd be spot on.
    I think it stands to reason by logic based on percentages and group averages you are probably right. You kicked my ass so there ya go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Problem with those types of tests is that if you practice enough you can trick them. Like assigning meanings to numbers and then you dont look at them as such, things that are around you all day, like name of your kids and wife ( if you are married ), best friends, and so on. When you don't look at that as a game you need to beat not just something you wanna pass it will never work.
    Yeah I heard that, I only took one recently and another like 26 years ago at the L Ron Hubbard thing which I never felt was legit.

But I am working on trying to improve my working memory, I am not sure Ill ever pop $300 dollars again unless I feel some dramatic change, but the science seems to be against my ideas about trying to improve my IQ. I'll see I am still gonna try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    around 100.. Which to my understanding is what the average person have.
    Well there is low average at 80 or something which is where I thought I might get being biracial. and mixed. I don't consider myself above average, never have.

None of you is Terence Tao (IQ 220+).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can't count as high up to it. Take it as you will xP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    You could have an IQ of 160 and no ambition. You could have an IQ of 105 and be extremely successful. The IQ test is meaningless in telling you who you are. I'm fairly average naturally but my ability to learn, comprehend and understand is above average. What's important is wanting to learn and being able to learn. I'm good at my job, that's about it because it makes me money. I could learn other things, but I don't want to. I just want to come home, get high and play games.
    Yeah maybe, but I still feel it's pretty legitimate or at last has a long credible track record, and there is really no other way to know, guessing generally is incorrect.

I don't care, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Newgatwive fwive

I am meat popsicle

2 + 2 = chair
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    None of you is Terence Tao (IQ 220+).
    Yeah if I was 220 I.Q I wouldn't be a Security Guard, haha I would be working for the NSA breaking codes or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

I don't care, though...
    Based on what, and why not that's pretty damn exceptional, I mean you could be working on cures for disease, and figuring out ways to better man kind, why not.

I knew that kind of before I went in, I was curious because I wanted to know about me, and more importantly if it can be improved on which the conventional science seems to suggest is a flat out NO!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroplasticity

It takes time and serious effort but the possibility is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don''t think many people who have shame are posting in a forum on a website dedicated to MMORPGs about sex androids.

Well I gave a break down of mine and one kind, I am just curious what others might have, or might estimate about themselves. Maybe even why and what their experiences are.
    People that don't know also wont know how it is measured or why. So asking them to guess is like asking somebody how tall they think they are if they don't know what a foot or meter is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    897180924671926748916287936271954917659168204208106 x 10^988

True.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohreeree View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroplasticity

It takes time and serious effort but the possibility is there.
    Thanks for the information, everything I have read that say it is possible, also suggest any change is either none or temporary. I need some brain bills or brain shots or something haha J/K

But yeah I am curious what on how a Genius level brain works, like say over 130.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    People that don't know also wont know how it is measured or why. So asking them to guess is like asking somebody how tall they think they are if they don't know what a foot or meter is.
    True, but people are going to guess anyways, and at least with this it's better and allows people to have fun, or provide real information based on their answers.

You board certified, and could your results actually be legitimately used in a court of law or for academic study?
    I'm bored certified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..