Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    *People complain about having tons of order resources and nothing to do with them*
    *Blizz adds heirlooms, but instead of making them available through OHR AND gold as a help, they just put it out for gold*
    Typical blizz is typical.
    This. Its fucking incompetent that Blizzard aren't making the heirloom upgrades obtainable via Order Resources. At some point
    people aren't going to need them, and there's going to be a large surplus of this.

Much like with the new order mount rewards, it should be 1,000 resources for each upgrade, armor & weapons have the same
    amount (its bullshit that they are differently priced).

But of course, someone at Blizzard is fucking incompetent (as usual), and won't do the smart thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    This. Its fucking incompetent that Blizzard aren't making the heirloom upgrades obtainable via Order Resources. At some point
    people aren't going to need them, and there's going to be a large surplus of this.

Much like with the new order mount rewards, it should be 1,000 resources for each upgrade, armor & weapons have the same

But of course, someone at Blizzard is fucking incompetent (as usual), and won't do the smart thing.
    Buying them with gold will not only flood millions of gold back into the game (it gets erased basically), it will also gain Blizz some extra cash when people with crappy economy need to buy Gold from the Token system.

win-win for Blizz.

Blizz does not want you to have unlimited Gold, you can buy too much with it which means you need to farm less, which means you play less. In a perfect world every player would struggle to have enough gold to repair so that you constantly have the need to farm.

So no, they are not incompetent, they know very well that many players are swimming in Order Hall resources. But it gives Blizzard 0 value to let players spend those on something they can charge gold for.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2017-06-11 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Blizz does not want you to have unlimited Gold
    Boy they sure as hell failed at that in Warlords.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

IF they did have order resources as option, it should be at least like 15000 per upgrade, with how easy they are to get. 20000 for weapons.

Now order resource WQ are very useless. Hope 7.3 at least will add something to dump OR in, even if it's "cosmetic" so people don't feel mandatory to grind it.

Now AK research is done, missions/troops/work orders cost almost nothing, weekly seals is the only "dump".
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-12 at 01:33 AM.

There no point to 110 looms because invasions level you so fast already. I mean its a joke. You'd only upgrade the looms with the +XP, and you wouldn't really even fight with them, you'd just stand around mostly. I don't understand this game design.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There no point to 110 looms because invasions level you so fast already. I mean its a joke. You'd only upgrade the looms with the +XP, and you wouldn't really even fight with them, you'd just stand around mostly. I don't understand this game design.
    You ever done invasions in level 100 gear as a level 107? The mobs really start to kick your ass so these new looms will make sure your gear scales with your level nicely plus that xtra xp boost is gonna be sweet!

*People complain about having tons of order resources and nothing to do with them*
    *Blizz adds heirlooms, but instead of making them available through OHR AND gold as a help, they just put it out for gold*
    Typical blizz is typical.
    Typical gamer POV. I have spare currency so i could use it to get new stuff free, fast and easy.

And this is exactly why Blizzard put heirlooms behind gold. So you can't get new stuff free, fast and easy. Also - gold is an universal currency. Not everyone has access to ORH (weird but true, there are people sub 110) and while they may have the coin they'd be locked from buying 100-110 upgrade via ORH. And by the time they'd get enough ORH it'd be irrelevant as they'd already leveled enough for upgrades to be not valid.

While with gold (and peoples lazyness) it's a chance that wow token finds a buyer. Higher demand means higher supply. Higher supply means more tokens bought in general. And every token = additional $5 in Blizzard's pocket. Sure - there are millionaires who can buy all upgrades just like that and not even notice a dent on their account. But they are rather a minority, not a rule. I myself have few hundred thousands gold, first million I expect to have probably at the end of Legion but I'll upgrade my heirlooms just to speed leveling on my remaining alts. At least i have a reason to use my stockpiles.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've only got one toon left to level, so only gonna buy upgrades for those specific pieces I need. Definitely not starting a new toon

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Typical gamer POV. I have spare currency so i could use it to get new stuff free, fast and easy.

And this is exactly why Blizzard put heirlooms behind gold. So you can't get new stuff free, fast and easy. Also - gold is an universal currency. Not everyone has access to ORH (weird but true, there are people sub 110) and while they may have the coin they'd be locked from buying 100-110 upgrade via ORH. And by the time they'd get enough ORH it'd be irrelevant as they'd already leveled enough for upgrades to be not valid.

While with gold (and peoples lazyness) it's a chance that wow token finds a buyer. Higher demand means higher supply. Higher supply means more tokens bought in general. And every token = additional $5 in Blizzard's pocket. Sure - there are millionaires who can buy all upgrades just like that and not even notice a dent on their account. But they are rather a minority, not a rule. I myself have few hundred thousands gold, first million I expect to have probably at the end of Legion but I'll upgrade my heirlooms just to speed leveling on my remaining alts. At least i have a reason to use my stockpiles.
    Are you serious? I just want an order hall resources dump. I have researched talents for OH, maxed the gear of all my followers to 900, send followers to missions 24/7 through the app, and use 7k OH sources every week for seals. Idc if its heirlooms or a small sack of 10g, or a blood of sargeras per 1k resources, I just don't want to end the expansion with 1 mil of this pile of trash. Else what is the point in them being quest rewards after you've researched/finished everything that requires OH resources?

And whoever buys a token to buy heirloom upgrade from 100 to 110, in this day, when you can just level 12 different toons on 10 days only by playing 3-4 hours each day through invasions, is just beyond silly. And that's 12 toons in the same 10 days, not 10 days each. If you haven't leveled your alts by now you only have yourself to blame, not the heirloom upgrades not giving you that 50% xp boost.

Also, stop contradicting yourself. You said earlier in this comment 'It's easy to buy the heirlooms free and cheap with OHR', then, 2 sentences later you are like 'Not everyone has OHR, so people won't be able to buy them fast enough', basically saying now that OHR is the hard working way, and gold is the lazy way.

Deleted
    While I abused invasions to lvl them all up... I'll need current upgrades for the next upgrades I guess.

And dunno for my way of playing the game I make very low amounts of money in Legion. Still leeching what is left from WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might only upgrade the weapon and maybe the self heal trinket. BM leveling is really fast already, at 101-110 you level pretty damn fast and I haven't even leveled a char to max with flying yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, it REALLY REALLY is. No idea why people think gold is hard to come by.
    You have to play WoW. So many people only play little WoW. Like not very often and only a little portion of the game. They have still fun playing the game like this and making almost no gold.

So to break it down: "Hard" is to play the portion of WoW which is no fun for one. It's easier doing stuff you have fun doing. Problem: Some up to many people make no money while having fun playing WoW. Its their fault hence they post here to show their interest for blizzard to improve their way to play WoW while having fun.

Are you serious? I just want an order hall resources dump. I have researched talents for OH, maxed the gear of all my followers to 900, send followers to missions 24/7 through the app, and use 7k OH sources every week for seals. Idc if its heirlooms or a small sack of 10g, or a blood of sargeras per 1k resources, I just don't want to end the expansion with 1 mil of this pile of trash. Else what is the point in them being quest rewards after you've researched/finished everything that requires OH resources?

And whoever buys a token to buy heirloom upgrade from 100 to 110, in this day, when you can just level 12 different toons on 10 days only by playing 3-4 hours each day through invasions, is just beyond silly. And that's 12 toons in the same 10 days, not 10 days each. If you haven't leveled your alts by now you only have yourself to blame, not the heirloom upgrades not giving you that 50% xp boost.

Also, stop contradicting yourself. You said earlier in this comment 'It's easy to buy the heirlooms free and cheap with OHR', then, 2 sentences later you are like 'Not everyone has OHR, so people won't be able to buy them fast enough', basically saying now that OHR is the hard working way, and gold is the lazy way.
    1) If I have 1mil resources at the end of Legion, and gold missions are still available, it means free gold and never having to do WQ in Legion again. If gold isn't available, and AP being useless, yeah those resources then become absolutely useless
    2) Invasions hurt hard when you have lvl 100-101 gear at 106+. Essentially can only do the bosses and tag and run or die...the ones where you have to kill mobs are just brutal. I gave up from dying too much. BoA will make it the best of both worlds.
    3) Like I said earlier, gold is just so easy to get these days. Don't need weapons so armor BoA probably cost around 100k total..maybe 200k? That's 2 tokens. I make about 100k a week doing nothing, and I am capped on my token buying from AH, so gotta spend gold somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    2) Invasions hurt hard when you have lvl 100-101 gear at 106+. Essentially can only do the bosses and tag and run or die...the ones where you have to kill mobs are just brutal. I gave up from dying too much.
    Or you could join the crowd of lowbies who list a group hover in the air and let others boost them through it.

You can also tag mobs that others tagged and click objects.

I've levelled 5 chars like that mostly from listing a group and then following people and hitting the mobs they already had aggro on. Died a few times, sometimes from joining groups on pvp servers and getting one shot, sometimes from mobs, but it wasn't so bad and I had 700 gear from pre-Legion invasions or HFC lfr gear on these alts.

I once joined a group where only me and 1 more person was doing anything and 3 others were leeching in the air... it's not really something I approve of but it's still something a lot of people do because it's effective and rewarding.

Trying to solo the invasion quests is removing the biggest advantage they have over normal questing, namely the easy completion through a group.

Are you serious? I just want an order hall resources dump.
    And Blizzard said they are happy with current design where people have abundant ORH and nothing to spend it on. It served its purpose, people reached designed goals and now it's irrelevant and they (atm) don't plan on expanding it further.

If you haven't leveled your alts by now you only have yourself to blame, not the heirloom upgrades not giving you that 50% xp boost.
    I'm not blaming anyone. I didn't hurry with my alts and it was well thought decision. But heirlooms with their XP boost are welcome since I already saw all zones, done all quests and doing it all over again is medium fun.

No contradiction here. Gold is easy way for those who made millions during Draenor and continue making millions in Legion. Look aroud forums and you see them. There are polls on how much gold people have. For those gold way is easy.

Now - take yourself with your large and spare ORH amount you want to dump. How hard for you it'd be to buy heirlooms? And by "not everyone has ORH" I meant that there are people who came to Legion late, spend ORH on daily basis and don't have spare. I have tonnes on my main but my alts (leveling ones) have bare minimum. If people play like I play on alts they don't have spare ORH.

And one more thing you seems to miss. You proposed new heirloom upgrade being bought for ORH. This implies it WON'T be sold for gold (assumption but justified as I can't recall any dual currency available goods). So lower level player who would like to get 110 heirlooms would be cut out. Due to NOT having ORH. For them it would be hard to get those upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Everyone? Are you sure?
    People who want to level multiple alts probably have enough gold to buy it without $$$
    lets start with thing like that people who have multiple alts already leveled them via invasions which was piss easy (fly in join group afk 2 minutes later done fly to next objective rinse and repeat) and ultra fast with flying - i dont really see those being super popular when they launch tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You can purchase the new heirloom upgrades via timewarped badges too, as well as the holiday events. Midsummer will be right after 7.2.5 launches, so you can click on fires for "free" upgrades.
    This is what I was curious about, I have around 120k timewalking badges and was hoping for more stuff to spend them on.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    Like i said you would be amazed

How many people wanna level up that awful 100-110? and how many people really have that much gold to spend? I mean its 25k to upgrade all looms if you aint counting weapons which is pointless and thats still a hefty sum for causals.
    I'm about as casual as it gets and even having taken most of the period of october-early march off, I've still made over 800k this xpac just from crafting legendaries. If by "casual" you mean "too lazy to do more than log on an hour a day and sit in Dal while whining about how you have no gold" then I guess you might be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I doubt invasions will be left in post 7.3; they'll almost certainly be taken out with the end of the xpac. Can't imagine Blizzard is going to leave in this way for future players to skip an entire xpac that they've "worked so hard to create." (pretty much their excuse for making us work for flying every xpac too: so they can forcefeed us content we largely don't enjoy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I just realized, why does Blizzard even bother giving us heirloom upgrades for weapons if we all have Artifacts for every specc? Sounds like an oversight to me. Nobody will use a heirloom weapon 100-110, noone.
    You will need it for 110+ upgrade in next xpac anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I'm about as casual as it gets and even having taken most of the period of october-early march off, I've still made over 800k this xpac just from crafting legendaries. If by "casual" you mean "too lazy to do more than log on an hour a day and sit in Dal while whining about how you have no gold" then I guess you might be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I doubt invasions will be left in post 7.3; they'll almost certainly be taken out with the end of the xpac. Can't imagine Blizzard is going to leave in this way for future players to skip an entire xpac that they've "worked so hard to create." (pretty much their excuse for making us work for flying every xpac too: so they can forcefeed us content we largely don't enjoy.)
    Blizz said they will keep them, go search for the blue. They said that it is something they'd like to keep around for a really, really long time. Also, some classes/questlines are dependent on the invasions, if they remove them for example, warlocks can't get their class mount. Think before you speak mate.