Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    pre ordered cause i knew i would play legion and wanted to test DH... will do again if they offer something like that again

Deleted
    The first game I ever pre-ordered was The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition and I've been pre-ordering, pre-purchasing WoW Collector/ Deluxe Editions ever since and will in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Ordered it for the lvl100 boost.
    Same. While with WOD boost I wasn't sure what to do because new models were coming so I didn't know which race will I like, with Legion boost I had pre-planned the character I'm gonna use it on and was waiting for the announcement, the moment it became purchasable, I insta bought it, so I can enjoy my newest addition to the roster earlier.

Now, since during WOD I completed my class roster and filled all the slots on my main server, whatever the expansion after Legion will be I will have to invent again what exactly I'm doing with my free boost... assuming they will keep this scheme, but it seems it's their selling point and other MMOs are picking the same ideas for their expansions (both GW2 and SWTOR had at some point).

Now DH... can't even remember when I made it and what was the experience like, I ended up levelling it just after my main during Legion to be basically herb / alchemy slave because back then the situation was so lame you literally had to make a herber alt or drop profession on main if you wanted to raid at a level where consumables are expected.

No. I pre-ordered Legion, just like any other expansion. Demon Hunters just happened to be a part of that, so yeah I would do it again.

Deleted
    I always buy digital everything from Blizzard. All collectors editions. I buy all the things.

Deleted
    I don't pay for games that don't exist. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I just pre-ordered legion, because iknew i would play.
    That's first reason. Second was to snatch free lvl 100 boost. And I did it on the last call, literally days before whole bargain was withdrawn (so hardly a preorder). DH early access was just a nice bonus.

My experience? Rather positive. Lots of people held up with buying Legion so no crowds like with DKs and Monks back in the day. Also Blizz introduced some new tech to further make it more smooth. My only regret considering DH starting experience was that it lasted only for 2 levels. I hoped it'd would take much more time. Not full 1-110 as with Monks but similar to DKs. But looking at how story goes it would be hard to awake and get out of the prison much earlier. We were released by Wardens due to Legion invasion after all and previous actions were somewhat during BC. In the end it was ok but I wouldn't complain if it last longer.

I still want Legions collectors, but only for the Heroes of the Storm Felstalker mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Pre-Ordered because I knew I'd be playing, so it just happened as a natural result.

Well i was going to play it anyway. So why not? The perks of getting your boost early and a chance to try out Demon Hunters before the actual expansion unlocks to see if I like the class or not, money well spent. It would had sucked spending time leveling up a DH and stop because it is not as great as you thought it would be. Then you are behind. This is how any class in the future should be, launch 2 weeks before the new expansion and let people kick the tires so to speak.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have pre-order it anyway, even without early access.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Pre-ordered because I knew I would purchase it eventually.

The 100 boost and Demon Hunter access was just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I really don't understand this topic. You have to buy the expansion if you want to play world of Warcraft. It's not optional. So why would you NOT buy it early?
    Doing so is basically admitting you don't play the game seriously enough to have an opinion on the matter.
    He's asking if ppl bought it in the pre-order exclusively for the DH's early access, I for example don't care anymore about hard copies and I knew I would play legion so the DH's early access was a bonus for moi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Before Legion was released, Blizzard dangled the prize of early access to demon hunters if you pre-ordered Legion. You got to play them as of august 10th, whereas everyone else had to wait until august 30th. Did you pre-order and get early access? What was your experience like? Did it make a difference when looking back? Would you do it again?
    I always pre-order to be sure to recieve my copy almost before the store releases them for sale. And yes, I would do so again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I preorder legion cus i wanted it. not because it give early DH.. Like i will probaly "preorder" wow's next expations. + the level boost was neeth.

IIRC I did preorder it, but I didn't play the DH; I just boosted a hunter and played her some. Didn't purchase to play the class early and can't imagine doing so in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it and I'm happy I did. Was able to get the rotation down early albeit it being very very simple

I prepurchased because I wanted to change to mage and didn't have one, so wanted the level 100 boost.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered it so I could play it on day one, although I think I did it before that early access promotion ended so I could play DHs as a cherry on the cake.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't pre-order because of WoD. I knew Legion would be good but they didn't deserve it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.