Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    does it have the directional attack controls rather than just click one button for a set attack sequence?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I heard awhile back that the game will have a paided membership where it makes finding mats/loot faster then if u don't pay.

If this is the case I will 100% avoid this game, It may be a PVE game but the drop rates will be effected by said membership.
    This does infact exist its called patron status which increases the drop rate of items from Behemoths.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    This does infact exist its called patron status which increases the drop rate of items from Behemoths.
    Then sadly Ill be giving this game a pass, Even with it being f2p.

Non-Sub drop rates will be effected by this system (IE: Takes longer to farm stuff). That is something I am not ok with, Even more so in this type of game.

Now if they wanted to sell cosmetic stuff that's fine, but anything effecting the game itself is a no go for me.

Hope it does well and people enjoy it tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then sadly Ill be giving this game a pass, Even with it being f2p.

Non-Sub drop rates will be effected by this system (IE: Takes longer to farm stuff). That is something I am not ok with, Even more so in this type of game.

Now if they wanted to sell cosmetic stuff that's fine, but anything effecting the game itself is a no go for me.

Hope it does well and people enjoy it tho.
    Actually, it's only a boost in quantity - not in quality. This means it doesn't matter much if you have patron or not, you want faster kills for more chances at rare materials. Having a Patron in group won't change the fact that if your group takes 40 minutes on a Behemoth you won't be getting anything fast.

Likely, with Patron on, you'll have plenty of non rare materials but you'll still be starved on rares. Also Patron affects everyone in the group, not only the one who has it and even if you don't have it.

It's not really nice but it could have been much much worse.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't see a problem if you just get less materials as a non-sub - especially as a PvE game. You just have to play a little more to get the same stuff as someone who does sub. You can argue it's the same thing as XP boosts that other games (f2p, b2p, and even sub games) - you just have to play longer than someone who chooses to buy those types of convenience items. It would be different if being a sub meant you got BETTER drops - then it would be pay2win, but that's not the case here. Again, this is a PvE game - not something where you're competing against other players. Confused why people would make a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Actually, it's only a boost in quantity - not in quality. This means it doesn't matter much if you have patron or not, you want faster kills for more chances at rare materials. Having a Patron in group won't change the fact that if your group takes 40 minutes on a Behemoth you won't be getting anything fast.

Likely, with Patron on, you'll have plenty of non rare materials but you'll still be starved on rares. Also Patron affects everyone in the group, not only the one who has it and even if you don't have it.

It's not really nice but it could have been much much worse.
    Its still paying to improve loot, Its not something I'm ok with.

So as it stands I won't be playing it.

I may consider it after seeing the difference between the sub and non-sub. If its not a huge gap then I mite try it, But I am not a fan of it at all.

You are correct it could have been much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Confused why people would make a fuss about it.
    First off it doesn't have to have PVP to be P2W.

Second different strokes for different fokes, Subs shouldn't effect ingame rewards any in game. The sub gives u more loot and that enables you to make armor faster. That is a form of P2W.

Ill have to see what the final drop rates and all are between the two. But its still paying for a ingame advantage and if I recall correctly they do want to add pvp at a later date.

Selling cosmetic's is fine but I'm not ok with selling ingame boosts. Even more so when the core point of this game is killing monsters and grinding mats.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Digging this thread from deep below. Alpha seems to be reaching and end, and beta events are going to start soon.

Still follwing this one, but we need the more info we can get when beta reaches an open status and NDA will be lifted.

Can anyone explain how this game is actually played? The screenshots and videos make it look like an open world full of mobs and monsters, but from how it's described it seems like it's just a series of small instances. The Behemoths are located each within their own instance, which is only accessible from a queue menu. It's practically just Wow's LFD, except each dungeon only has one boss.

Also there are only 5 Behemoths in total?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Can anyone explain how this game is actually played? The screenshots and videos make it look like an open world full of mobs and monsters, but from how it's described it seems like it's just a series of small instances. The Behemoths are located each within their own instance, which is only accessible from a queue menu. It's practically just Wow's LFD, except each dungeon only has one boss.

Its westernized Monster Hunter.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

It's not open world - each stage is standalone, and you need to fight the Behemoth to farm crafting materials to craft better gear to beat down bigger monsters and so on. There are "trash mobs" from which you can get some stuff from (plus mining/herbing etc) but you will need the part from Behemoths for actually craft relevant stuff.

The structure is mission based - you take a mission, tackle it solo or find groups for it. In original Monster Hunter games party missions were different (and more difficult) from solo "story", here i think there won't be this distinction.

Lastly, it cannot be he furthest away from WoW. Combat is more like Dark Souls than anything else (arguably Souls games took inspiriation from MH for that) and Behemots are basically boss fights. Being a premade or automated doesn't change the fact you can die very easily if you don't play it good. There are no classes because each weapon has a completely different playstyle that changes moveset, movement speed and so on.

As for number of Behemoths, there will be more than these 5. In MH games usually you have also subtypes, missions with more than one of them, and generally until late crafting trees all of them are relevant for quite a long time, since materials may be needed also for later iterations.

Just to give you an example this is the tree for 1 weapon of MH4U http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/greatsword

The game is very peculiar. It's not an MMO, at best is a 4 man co-op and i suppose that if your'e skilled enough you can do everything solo (arguably more difficult because even if with less hp, monsters have to attack only you). As a MH fan i cannot way because i already know i like this kind of games - especially since it's on pc and with an art style i like a lot.

Don't see the problem with them having a membership status, how else is the game supposed to pay for maintaining itself? And as others said awhile ago, affecting quantity not quality means you still want to be efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Don't see the problem with them having a membership status, how else is the game supposed to pay for maintaining itself? And as others said awhile ago, affecting quantity not quality means you still want to be efficient.
    Basically this. No amount of quantity buff will be on par with people taking 40 minutes to down a behemoth or dying all the time. Also repeating this, Patron buff is shared to the whole party even if one doesn't have it, so if there's a Patron in the team, everyone gets the buff.

Basically, it's way less impacting than most people is thinking it is. More stuff is more stuff, but you need to keep killing times low otherwise it's useless.

Iam definetly singing up for the alpha/beta.
    I've played MH in a normal 3ds (without the circle pad), 2ds and a wii/wiiu, so I'm interested in how they made the controls for a pc version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Iam definetly singing up for the alpha/beta.
    I've played MH in a normal 3ds (without the circle pad), 2ds and a wii/wiiu, so I'm interested in how they made the controls for a pc version.
    Afaik they're going to have controller support too, and i think it will be the best option compared to m/k.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Afaik they're going to have controller support too, and i think it will be the best option compared to m/k.
    But these kinds of games are so much better on mouse and keyboard!
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Well, played on both (i tried MHO) and i find myself better on a controller :P

Side note, localized website went up last night.

Boy do I regret buying a founders pack after that Monster Hunter announcement today.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I preferred the controller when playing Dark Souls and Witcher 3. Can't comment on prior MH games (3ds was the only one I played), but the gameplay is similar enough.

Keyboard sufferes from lack of movement and angle sensitivity.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

lol that monster hunter announcement will have pretty much killed this game before its even released =P

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    lol that monster hunter announcement will have pretty much killed this game before its even released =P
    Well, before the game comes on pc it will be a loooooooooong time. Plus this is F2P so you can play this and get on MH:W after.