Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else notice important choices in the patch seem to be for highest end guilds?

Now, I know a lot of people on here will be happy about that and enjoy seeing ~100 people benefit from Blizzard's choices while the rest get annoyed, but the reason I bring this up is that this is kind of antithesis to most of Blizzard's choices so it seems odd.

M+ is being made harder in the patch but new rewards don't come out until M Tomb.

New legendaries drop at 940 until Tomb.

Wouldn't be surprised if new level of titanforging wasn't available until Tomb either regardless of what they say.

The biggest one to me is m+. This week we are expected to do harder content for the same reward.

The only people I can see this benefiting are the super hardcore who see these choices and think "Good, that's one less week I have to go super hard grinding m+." Everyone else who would maybe go a little harder than normal or just go like normal will see that they are doing the same content except it's more difficult and rewards them the same thing.

The new legendary thing won't affect as many people, but there are still a ton of people who have all their main spec legs because if you've played consistently through the expac it isn't hard and if you go hardcore since 7.2 it is extremely easy to get one every 2 weeks and not hard (but time consuming) to get one every week. So now people are going to be getting the new legs this week and have them be 940 for no good reason, giving them even more item they need to upgrade. It is actually beneficial to not get the new legs this week in the new patch, you know, a time when people come back to play the game a lot, which is totally ass backwards.

Does any of this matter in the long run? Obviously not but that can apply to literally anything in the game. It's a matter of Blizzard making choices to benefit the few at the cost of annoying everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Now, I know a lot of people on here will be happy about that and enjoy seeing ~100 people benefit from Blizzard's choices while the rest get annoyed, but the reason I bring this up is that this is kind of antithesis to most of Blizzard's choices so it seems odd.

M+ is being made harder in the patch but new rewards don't come out until M Tomb.

New legendaries drop at 940 until Tomb.

Wouldn't be surprised if new level of titanforging wasn't available until Tomb either regardless of what they say.

The biggest one to me is m+. This week we are expected to do harder content for the same reward.

The only people I can see this benefiting are the super hardcore who see these choices and think "Good, that's one less week I have to go super hard grinding m+." Everyone else who would maybe go a little harder than normal or just go like normal will see that they are doing the same content except it's more difficult and rewards them the same thing.

The new legendary thing won't affect as many people, but there are still a ton of people who have all their main spec legs because if you've played consistently through the expac it isn't hard and if you go hardcore since 7.2 it is extremely easy to get one every 2 weeks and not hard (but time consuming) to get one every week. So now people are going to be getting the new legs this week and have them be 940 for no good reason, giving them even more item they need to upgrade. It is actually beneficial to not get the new legs this week in the new patch, you know, a time when people come back to play the game a lot, which is totally ass backwards.

Does any of this matter in the long run? Obviously not but that can apply to literally anything in the game. It's a matter of Blizzard making choices to benefit the few at the cost of annoying everyone else.
    You know you get a 925 piece from the chest next week if you do a +15 this week? That's not aimed solely at highest-end guilds, unless you think no one else is capable of raiding the first week.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I really like the changes. Didn't realize I was one of the top 100 players in the world. I guess I should tell my mom.

You like them holding off on m+ rewards even while putting in the harder m+? Why?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    You know you get a 925 piece from the chest next week if you do a +15 this week? That's not aimed solely at highest-end guilds, unless you think no one else is capable of raiding the first week.
    no you dont
    the 15 being brought back to the cap wont be till ToS releases
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't get all the complaints about the legendaries dropping at 940 for another week. Yeah, I get that it's a stupid decision, but if upgrading is anything like the last time around, you're going to have more upgrade items than you can use pretty quickly anyway. If the legs/ring/whatever are really BIS for you (I honestly haven't even looked at them yet; I only have 6 of the legendaries on my main) then you'll be working to upgrade them and another item anyway, and if they're not you'll be working to upgrade 2 other items instead. Either way, it's not really that big of an inconvenience.

15+ Year Old Account
    You like them holding off on m+ rewards even while putting in the harder m+? Why?
    Because then guilds would be required to run hundreds of Mythic+ dungeons over the next 2 weeks prior to Mythic raiding being released to get an advantage. That's just the way the mindset of a raider works. This way the raid comes out and they will jump right into it. Not burning out yet again on M+ right off the bat.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Not long before casuals start whining...

Also
    Now, I know a lot of people on here will be happy about that and enjoy seeing ~100 people benefit from Blizzard's choices while the rest get annoyed
    100 people LOL ... How can you take casuals seriously?

I don't see how the changes would benefit the high end guilds in any way.
    M+ is getting harder, especially the coming week where it will be harder but we not yet get access to any better gear (+ we don't know how classes change with nerfs/buffs to abilities and items). But this applies to all players equally. Sure someone who cleared m+20 with the current gear won't have any problem to beat the m+10 this week, while someone who barely makes m+11 will indeed struggle next week to finish m+10.
    But that does not "benefit" the higher equipped people, it's just the consquence of ingame gear progression.

I'm glad M+ is getting harder makes it more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    I'm glad M+ is getting harder makes it more fun
    Or you could have done higher keys if you wanted m+ to be harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Or you could have done higher keys if you wanted m+ to be harder.
    not everyone wants to do higher keys but still wants a challenge
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Thats like, asking for normal to be harder then heroic because you don't want to bother with heroic....that legit makes no sense.

That didn't make any sense whasoever. The point of doing higher key is the challenge. Hell is the purpose of several stages of keystones otherwise?

That doesn't make any sense

That literally makes no sense.

Where's the difference between a +14 key now and a +12 then? They're the same difficulty.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Where's the difference between a +14 key now and a +12 then? They're the same difficulty.
    You get more AP for +14. Clearly he doesn't want the challenge to be trivialized by getting too many Concordance ranks, which he would get after few hundred runs.

Deleted
    I wish people had to proof-read what they post because even to you that must seem insane in retrospect.